Ladies - 160/170 trying to get to 130-ish

Options

Replies

• Aealdridge13
    Aealdridge13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm about 193 right now...down 7 lbs from when I started MFP about two weeks ago. So far I'm doing good but I know as time goes on it's going to be a struggle. A healthy weight for my height is in the 130s so I'm trying hard to get there. I recently got engaged and am getting married next September so I hope to be close to my goal weight by the time I go wedding dress shopping! I definitely could use some more friends on here :)

1177058.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lilybear84
    lilybear84 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm 5'7 at 166 my goal weight is 125-130ish
  • mandykayte
    mandykayte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" started out around 176 worked my but off the last week and now im at 171. im looking to be around 135 :] Another 36 pounds to go! my goal is to be around 155 Aug 6th because im going to Hawaii!
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm at 160 and I have lost over 30lbs already but I want to lose at least another 10-20lbs. I would like to be at least 140lbs.
  • hippyrejected
    hippyrejected Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, I'm 5'5 with a weight of 170 at the moment. Hoping to lose 30-40 (I have my goal set to 140 at the moment but we'll see how it goes and I might reassess it to less). Feel free to add me! Who knew there were so many of us? :)
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 5'5 and at 159 lbs right now...started out around 189. First goal is 140 then I shall re-assess..mainly looking to get my body fat down to around 20% and get toned!

It sounds like we have the same goals! I'm also 5'5 (well, 5'4 & 3/4. Haha). When I first started my weight loss journey, I was 190. Set my goal at 140, and after I reached that I decided to drop a few more. Got down to 127, but climbed back up to 160 a couple years later. I wasn't exercising really at ALL last time.. So I'm defnintely interested in toning as I'm dropping the pounds this time. Have only lost 8 so far, but feeling the muscles developing is so motivating!

When I was maintaining last time, I had to stay between 125 and 135. I usually felt my best right around 130, which is where I set my goal this time. I'm fine changing that once I get closer to my goal, and am seeing more results from working out. I'm not so concerned with the number, as I am with how I feel.
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    Oops. Double post.
  • md318
    md318 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'3 and weigh ... 170. My highest weight ever. Feeling pretty disheartened lately. May I join this board? I would love to talk to others who understand my struggle to lose weight.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Im 5" 5.5 been my heaviest at 190,got down to 154 and maintained for 2 years,then i went down to 145 at my lowest and after my wedding and honeymoon season im at 165 right now,trying to get down to 140.I have knee problems ,so i do low impact workouts and strength most of the time and eat a healthy 1700 ish calories with every macro well portioned.Feel free to add me too.
  • mandykayte
    mandykayte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Has anyone made a group yet?
  • sunnyd77
    sunnyd77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same goals, feel free to add me, anyone, would love to have more friends/support on here. I got down to 145ish for my wedding in 2010 but then have gained and am back up...all the way to 173. Would LOVE to see 135!!!
  • RevertMuslimah
    Options
    BUMP
  • AliB118
    AliB118 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I, too, am in the same boat. I'm used to be 5'2 and 125/130 and now I'm 170. My goal is to be back to 125! Being short really makes every single pound show.
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    Well, I'm a little higher than that...180.5 (almost in the 170s!!!) But my goal is to get down to 135ish :). Willing to offer support to anyone who is wants it :). Good luck ladies!
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
  • kkawana28
    kkawana28 Posts: 3
    Options
    im 160 pound and looking to get to 130
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm at 160 and I have lost over 30lbs already but I want to lose at least another 10-20lbs. I would like to be at least 140lbs.

This is me. Before I found MFP I was up to 182 pounds of blubber and seriously out of shape. I'd abdicated all my eating choices, done no real exercise and loathed who I was at that point.

I joined MFP after losing 12 pounds, and I've lost another 12, found 3, lost 3 found 3 - LOL. I flutuate right now between 158 and 161. I am lifting weights now, because just walking isn't working (my doc suggested it, she agreed that a body build tolerance or adaptability and I'm not working enough muscle parts just walking). My day is jam packed, between work and commuting so a 40 minute weightlifting routine works into my lifestyle much better than going to the gym for 90-180 minutes, and I get a real charge out of the progress I make each time I do my routine! Love the support here!
  • matthew621
    matthew621 Posts: 11
    Options
    Okay friends,
    I need to hear from those of you who have lost weight, I am beginning to feel frustrated because my weight is not coming off. It's been a month with 3-5 miles/day, under recommended calories. I even stopped drinking Dr. Pepper cold turkey (I've slowly widdled it down and have now gone a week without). Suggestions to get some sort of jump start, if I don's see the numbers on my scale start to change I am going to go crazy!:noway:
  • harprsbzr
    harprsbzr Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Matthew, A couple of things could be happening: From the sounds of it, believe it or not, you might not be getting enough calories. Your body may be holding on to the weight b/c it is starving itself. You need calories in order for your metabolism to go up. Add 100 kcals per day for a week and see what happens. Another thought could be that your body might not be getting the right kind of calories. For example; what kind of carbs are you eating? They should come from fruits, veggies and WHOLE grains. Proteins should all be LEAN. Watch cheese intake as well as salty foods. Dairy should be low fat and only 2 servings a day is really needed (especially for a man). Oils should be monounsaturated such as olive, canola, grapeseed oils. Watch all your processed foods too. At WW we have a thing called Power Foods. They are Fresh fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean proteins. Finally water. Drink 8-10 glasses per day especially since you are running so much. A final note is medications. I went off one of my meds and put on 10#. Sometimes our meds can cause weight gain, retention or loss depending on what it is. Oh and one more thing, take your measurments!!! I bet your tightest jeans are fitting better these days...muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less room, ergo less inches! I hope this helps. Good luck.:smile:
  • louiloui123
    louiloui123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 178 and need to get to 130 - 125 to feel at my best... I love MFP feel free to add me its the best lifestyle choice ive made and being 5'5 178 does show on me and makes me feel so unhealthy! I was ... im getting there positivity is the key! feel free to add me guys and gals x