What type of 'body' are you attracted to?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    i'm attracted to someone who is making an obvious effort to keep themselves healthy. hitting the gym, going running, lifting weights at home, some type of workout has to be part of the routine. i've seen family members destroy their health by avoiding any kind of physical activity, i don't want that to be part of my life.

i'm particularly attracted to good arms and a nice butt :wink:
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Well everyone has a specific body they are attracted to, it doesn't mean they're going to be picky and only notice those people.

For me, I just like tall guys with broad shoulders and big arm muscles. Nothing else to it really ;)
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hm, I find that I'm attracted to a tall guy with medium/thin build with an average amount of muscle. Not muscley and not skinny beanie. I love me some Average-Joe-looking guys with broad shoulders... Those shoulders just do me in! :love: Oh, and a nice booty. I've got to be able to grab him back after he grabs mine!

However, I think that I would be in a similar boat as your friend: after losing all the weight, I would be wary to date someone who is overweight because their personal habits might begin to send me back into my old ways.

I have to add: I love a great bone structure. Chiseled cheekbones, a nice jawline, pronounced brow, all that. (my boyfriend hates his and calls it a "protruding forehead", but I think it's sexy).
    I don't think it counts as "body type", but I'm so attracted to that kind of thing. Also: dark hair on light skin... :heart:

Oh, and I had to add: like others, I'm an equal opportunity employer, and I'm aware that sexy men come in all shapes, colors, and sizes! :wink:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    There is a reason for my question. One of my mates were discussing about dating again after she lost all the weight and she happened to mention that she would never date fat people again incase she went back to her old ways and when she had lost all the weight she wanted to date lean looking men that looked as good as her.

I am a firm believer of 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' but I wanted to get some of your views as well. So now you have lost the weight, what type of 'body' are you more attracted to?
    thats kinda shallow. if ur actually attracted to someone, your weight shouldnt make a difference. my fiance did this to me when i lost weight. he thought i wanted someone else since i was considered the better looking one in the relationship. of course my feelings didnt change because i did.

but anyways to answer ur origanal question i tend to go for very hairy guys with a great sense of humor i think in my whole dating life ive been with one guy with muscle, otherwise they have all been normal weight just a lil squishy :)

This plus shoulder muscles. My husband's are wonderfully big. Distractingly wonderful. He has tattoos on them which I love ;) when he lifts his arms and shoulders get even beefier. I like that kind of a lot. Also blond hair, blue eyes and taller than me but not too tall. I'm short so I like a guy to be under 6ft, my husband is 5'10" which is perfect :) oh and the hairy thing: I do NOT like super clean shaven guys, especially chests! Backs can be waxed or shaved but faces and chests should be hairy :)
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    6'4", stacked and vaguely ethnic
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    I've always gone for rugged. Taller than me, muscular, facial hair, lovely tan skin, and my must-have: long hair! I lovelovelove long hair on a man. Chris Hemsworth, mmm. <3

Luckily, my man of four and a half years fits my attraction to a T. It's why I started dating him in the first place - boy was smokin' hot! Love happened a month later.

He's actually a huge point of inspiration for me. He's stuck with me through, quite literally, thick and thin after some medical problems and medications made me into a mini-blimp. He's loved me just as much as when I was 110 lbs through all this, and now I want to get back to a place where I match him more.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    ummm I don't know... personality is more important to me... but for looks.... tall. muscles. cute face. ... yeah.
  • PeggySchulz
    PeggySchulz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bald, goatee/facial hair and minimum 6'. The perfect man
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My partner is lean, like a runner but men are wonderful at all shapes and sizes.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Tall (at least 6'0), lean but muscular, light eyes, defined features. My friends always get on me because they know I'm super attracted to the "conventionally attractive" all American type of guy.... when we go out to a bar then can instantly pinpoint the one they know I'll be going after, haha. But I've dated guys of varying heights and body types. Never anyone overweight but some who were less "in shape" than others. Staying healthy is important to me so I guess I find it attractive in a guy when he cares about his health and takes care of himself ... so I promise it's not all superficial! Lol.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Tall toned a little pudge is okay ...don't care for skinny guys...or very fat ones....or extremely muscle bound ones...although in my dating days I have dated all of them. (married now)

Nice teeth....shaved or bald head is much better than comb over....green eyes....grey / brown hair...I like facial hair....neatly trimmed.

Nice @ss, strong legs....Broad chest....

Freckles are nice...a few across the bridge of a guys nose

Prefer no tattoos or very few.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    thin/lithe
    no muscles.

scrawny works for me.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Im attracted to whatever body type carries large packages.
    Special Delivery for you!
    ups-guy-150x150.jpg
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Definitely has to be taller and stronger than me. I am a sucker for nice muscular arms and tattoos.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to my own body ... I got that from Whitney Housten.

(edit) The idea that is, not the body, I haven't lost weight because I'm on crack.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't have a body type that I am attracted to.... Yeah, sure everyone loves a man who's built, but that all goes out the window if he's a douche. I've been attracted to all sorts of men...skinny, built, slightly overweight, to very heavy. Personality is key for me.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah we all love our significant others. That isn't what the OP asked. If you are straight, you are attracted to the opposite sex. If you are homosexual, you are attracted to the same sex. If you like blondes, you can love a brunette. Physical attraction is a biological response and (for many of us) has nothing to do with love. Just stick to the OP without all the "you're so shallow".

I am attracted to medium build and lightly muscled male body types. I also find women with athletic hourglasses physically attractive (although I am straight, but hey hot is hot). When I was younger, I was attracted to very slim men but I seem to have grown out of that.

Interesting post. So...since you asked about body type, the type i'm initially attracted to is wide shoulders, average build, on the tall side and I love the bald look. Thing is- what I've ended up falling for is actually a smile that crinkles up the face, someone that challenges me physically and emotionally.