Housekeeper...and Mother of 3!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Retail Pimp!
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Counsellor working with a community support service agency as their intake worker :)

And a mum of two children called 'search and destroy'.

te he
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Advanced Medical Biller with certification (Im surprised I havent become 'certifiable' by now), over 30 specialties/subspecialties of medicine. I get to be a total baggadoucha on company time when an insurance company messes with a claim, ESPECIALLY when the insurance company tries to make the patient fully responsible when we know that isnt always the case... I love my job wholeheartedly!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have my own little mini business on the side from when I used to work a second full time job as a Chef... Where I have an empty nest, I no longer need to work two full time jobs, and cant bear to give up my love of cooking.
  • TeTeAngel
    TeTeAngel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a Teacher.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Customer Care Representative at a newspaper
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I run a Math Lab at a local college. I help college and highschool students with all types of math from basic arithmetic, to differential equations. I also do private tutoring in person and online on the side.

When i first read this i thought it said you ran a Meth lab lol

SO DID I LOL
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home mom but untl we moved last summer, I was a mortician's assistant/admin. assistant at a funeral home. Best. Job. Ever. I miss it so much. Love seeing other funeral service workers on here. :)

How do you become a mortician's assistant? Were you the secretary, or a part-time worker? I've never heard of a mortician's assistant. We were told in school we are not allowed to have assistants because it's illegal for anyone unlicensed to be in the Embalming room. Every job I've had would not allow me to bring anyone back there..Sometimes I really needed it and wished I could have one tho....I'm confused.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home mom but untl we moved last summer, I was a mortician's assistant/admin. assistant at a funeral home. Best. Job. Ever. I miss it so much. Love seeing other funeral service workers on here. :)

How do you become a mortician's assistant? Were you the secretary, or a part-time worker? I've never heard of a mortician's assistant. We were told in school we are not allowed to have assistants because it's illegal for anyone unlicensed to be in the Embalming room. Every job I've had would not allow me to bring anyone back there..Sometimes I really needed it and wished I could have one tho....I'm confused.

It's a long story how I got the job - but there were definitely restrictions! Every state is different. :) I basically emailed my former boss out of the blue and said I was interested in funeral service and asked if I could come in when he wasn't busy and ask him some questions about what he does, and got my job from there, about 6 months later. I was not allowed to do *anything* with embalming other than watch- mixing chemicals, obviously not digging around to raise an artery, no stitching, nothing like that, haha. It was just observation in the prep room. I am a cosmetologist so I was able to lend a hand to cosmetically prep them. I would also help dress them, casket, transport, set up for services and -of course- working calling hours and organizing stacks of paper work. When people asked me what I really did, I said hauled caskets, fussed with flowers and set up chairs, lol. I loved my job and very greatly miss it. The family that I worked for is wonderful.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Beast Coast Financial Kiddie.
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Chartered Surveyor and Project Manager
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I currently am the Assistant store manager of a VERY busy Burger King.

In the next week and a half, I'm transitioning from working 50 hours a week to being a part time receptionist in a skilled nursing home.

The opportunity presented itself and it had the perfect hours to allow me to stay at home with my girls and no longer have to pay daycare! Of course I jumped at it!
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Paint line supervisor
  • SkinnyPam140
    Options
    I am an elementary school teacher. Summers off. Whoo hoo!
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Service Tech
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I drive a taxi!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    4659157_460s.jpg
  • HollyRutledge
    Options

It's a long story how I got the job - but there were definitely restrictions! Every state is different. :) I basically emailed my former boss out of the blue and said I was interested in funeral service and asked if I could come in when he wasn't busy and ask him some questions about what he does, and got my job from there, about 6 months later. I was not allowed to do *anything* with embalming other than watch- mixing chemicals, obviously not digging around to raise an artery, no stitching, nothing like that, haha. It was just observation in the prep room. I am a cosmetologist so I was able to lend a hand to cosmetically prep them. I would also help dress them, casket, transport, set up for services and -of course- working calling hours and organizing stacks of paper work. When people asked me what I really did, I said hauled caskets, fussed with flowers and set up chairs, lol. I loved my job and very greatly miss it. The family that I worked for is wonderful.

Actually every state is not different. The regulations apply to the whole U.S.A.....www.nfda.org...but anyhoo, no matter what friend or not it is illegal for *anyone* who is unlicensed to watch an embalming. That is what mortuary school is for. We got that big long lecture many times titled "Embalming is NOT a spectator sport." Hairdressers and Cosmetologists are not preferred, but if it is necessary (because of time restraints, etc) they are only allowed to view the head of the deceased, unless they are dressed. Dressing and casketing if you are not licensed is also illegal. In all 50 states. You may want to look it up. DEFINITELY mixing chemicals is illegal if you are not licensed. The family has to sign a waiver even for mortuary students to assist in the embalming, and even just for them to be in the room. Its a privacy issue, and since the new Hippa laws, they are very strict. Your friend may have been doing you a favor since you are interested in the trade, but if there would have been an inspection while you were there, he would have made SURE you were not in that prep room.....trust me on that :)
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Guess. :laugh:
  • HollyRutledge
    Options
    Guess. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: