Trim for Turkey Day October page!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    So I changed the battery last night and I'm still up BUT not by 2 lbs!...up .8 oz and I think I was up last week .4 oz so that puts my weight loss at 9 lbs instead of 10! :grumble: I seem to do better when I just do what I'm suppose to do and let the numbers fall where it may instead of pushing myself and then stressing about the weigh loss that week!! I did take my measurements as well to get a more accurate number so I don't freak out too much over the scale! That was too stressful!!:ohwell:

Thanks again, JLBAY and BARBIE for helping me deal!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone is doing well!

Start weight: 167
    Current weight: 158.6
    TD goal: 154
    1/1 goal: 149 (5 weeks=1 lb p/w)
    Ultimate goal (2/1): 145
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I've been thinking about how many of us there were when this thread started and now our group is much smaller..........all of us who have persisted and have continued to post and stay focused are real winners. Even if we haven't achieved the goals we set, we've achieved the goal of never giving up and staying focused on what we want MOST so if you're reading this, then you are one of the winners and you will get there even if it's not at the speed you'd hoped for.

I may regret that I posted another pound lost
    it might be back, :laugh: :laugh: but I couldn't resist when the scale said 118 this morning, I wrote it in ink on my calendar and posted it on MFP.

We're a week from Thanksgiving. We're going to eat at the home of the mom of an old friend......it will be a potentially awkward situation
    I don't do well in social situations so I'm staying in the moment and not thinking about it.:laugh: :laugh:

I weigh myself twice a day and my weight varies by about 5 pounds:laugh:
    :hugs heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 168

My current weight is 152 Gained a pound since last weigh in :(

Goal weight for Turkey day: 144

My over all goal weight is 130

8lbs to go until i meet my Turkey day !
  • Lisadaniel
    Lisadaniel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm excited because even though the weight loss has been slow -- four pounds in 2 1/2 months -- it has been happening, which it wasn't before! I hit a new low (in the last couple of years) today: 194.0. I don't think I'm going to make 192 by Thanksgiving, but I'm motivated to keep losing, even if very gradually. And my jeans are looser!!!:smile:
  • akgrant
    Options
    I have a confession:blushing: I completely blew my calories yesterday and today AND I did not work out at all!! :embarassed: I plan to get back on track tomorrow but I have to say that I really feel like crap! Not just emotionally for not being good but physically...I feel bloated and fat and just yuck:frown: My stomach looks/feels swollen and I swear the looseness of my pants seems to be gone! It's amazing how bad I feel...I guess my body is starting to get use to eating less food and exercise, now I just have to listen!:blushing:

Thanks for letting me vent...at this rate, I probably won't have any change on TD!
  • SaritaChiquita
    SaritaChiquita Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm still here :laugh: . I just haven't posted in awhile....

As of 11/19 i'm 138.5 lbs. Only .5 pounds away from my thanksgiving goal!!

Starting weight: 156
    Half-way to "half-way goal" Achieved 10/18
    Thanksgiving/Half-way to "Final Goal": 138
    Christmas: 132
    Final Goal weight: 120

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I've been thinking about how many of us there were when this thread started and now our group is much smaller..........all of us who have persisted and have continued to post and stay focused are real winners. Even if we haven't achieved the goals we set, we've achieved the goal of never giving up and staying focused on what we want MOST so if you're reading this, then you are one of the winners and you will get there even if it's not at the speed you'd hoped for.

I may regret that I posted another pound lost
    it might be back, :laugh: :laugh: but I couldn't resist when the scale said 118 this morning, I wrote it in ink on my calendar and posted it on MFP.

We're a week from Thanksgiving. We're going to eat at the home of the mom of an old friend......it will be a potentially awkward situation
    I don't do well in social situations so I'm staying in the moment and not thinking about it.:laugh: :laugh:

I weigh myself twice a day and my weight varies by about 5 pounds:laugh:
    :hugs heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie

179108.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • akgrant
    Options
    I just wanted to report that I am back on track! I burned 600 calories on the treadmill this morning and I just prepared a really low fat/high protein Santa Fe soup for lunch and only got a cupful! :happy:

Today is a good day! Have a great weekend all!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I reached my goal for Thanksgiving:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    That's especially good news since we are having dinner in a completely unpredictable setting and the food choices are likely to all be bad. :sad: :sad: :sad: We're only bringing the sparkling cider which I won't drink because I don't waste my calories on beverages.

Happy Thanksgiving to all
    let's be thankful and loving and smart today and give less attention to what's on the table and more attention to who's in the chairs. :bigsmile:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    happy turkey day everyone!!! i am still at 147lbs, but i think that is pretty good - 6 lbs in 3 months! and i only have about 10 to 15 to go, so i know the going will get even tougher soon (grumble... )

have a GREAT turkey day everyone, hope you all met your goals, but even if you didnt if you are still around you have never given up on your goals and that is a success in itself! let me know if we are starting a new years thread!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Happy Thanksgiving!!! Well, I didn't reach my TD goal of 160. I've been stuck at 169 for while. Just haven't seemed to get in the workouts that I need. On the bright side, I started this challenge at 175, so I'm still steadily losing. :happy: Slow, but sure. My overall goal is 145 and I know I'll get there. Congrats to everyone and have a fun and safe holiday!!! :drinker:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Down 1.4!!!!!!:bigsmile: YEAH I made my Thanksgiving Goal and some. I hope everyone else did good on their goals. Keep up all the hard work & HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    SW 163.8
    09/03/09 - 161.2
    09/10/09 - 157.2
    09/17/09 - 157.0
    09/24/09 - 155.8
    10/01/09 - 154.6
    10/08/09 - 155.6
    10/15/09 - 152.8
    10/22/09 - Out of Town
    10/29/09 - 153.2
    11/05/09 - 151.6
    11/12/09 - 149.6
    11/19/09 - 149
    11/26/09 -147.6
    TD GOAL -148
  • akgrant
    Options
    Hi Everybody! Sorry for the late post, I can't believe how busy I have been the last 3 days! No time to even get on the internet! :noway:

I did not meet my goal for TD and I haven't worked out at all since Wed! I have my surgery on Thurs and I have alot of do before then so hopefully I will be able to workout.

Hope everyone had a great TD! I probably won't post this Thurs but I should be back next week! Take care, everyone!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just got back from Thanksgiving in Texas.

I didn't make my TD goal - which was 152. However, I was at 154, so within 2 lbs!! I am very happy with my progress and hope to only be in the 150s for a short while.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the thread - this really helped me stay motivated. So, are we going to do another thread for NY goal!? I'm definitely going to need some support to survive the Holidays!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Wasn't able to weigh in before leaving out of town.. but Will weigh in soon... Are we doing a Christmas Challenge???? I would love to keep going until Jan ...
  • akgrant
    Options
    I am happy to announce that I am now wearing a size 10 pants!!! woo-hoo!! :love: While admittingly, these feel like a "big" size 10, the tag says size 10 so I am happy about that!!! :laugh:
  • akgrant
    Options
    Is no one checking in anymore?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Is no one checking in anymore?

I guess everyone else got "trim for Turkey Day" and stopped posting :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and there's no one left but you and me.
  • akgrant
    Options
    Hi Barbie! But didn't you meet your goals?? I'm kind of disappointed here:ohwell: ....guess I have to look for another thread! Well, at least I have you as a friend! And my surgery went well and I've stopped taking painkillers during the day. But the doctor is telling me no working out for at least 4 weeks so I seriously have to watch what I eat!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: akgrant, your kids are sure cute, so I'll bet you're good looking too.:bigsmile: I met my weight loss goal for Thanksgiving but haven't met my ultimate weight loss goal. You're probably right about finding another thread......the ones I post on are for 50+ women and seniors and another one called "fit and fun sized" for people shorter than 5'4".......I know there are lots of good challenges

I don't know what kind of surgery you had, but is there something you can do with just your arms or sitting in a chair or something that would be OK during your recovery or was the surgery so major that any exertions would put a strain on your recovery?

Good luck and take it one day at a time.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options