Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Options
louisey112
louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
Personally I am a non-believer, but never had an experience to believe otherwise. My boyfriend on the other hand claims he and his family actually saw a ghost - a woman dressed in all black - walk right through their living room .. he said they all thought it was a friend of their mom's and when they asked her who it was, she didn't know what they were talking about. They all went to the room where that lady walked to and there was nobody in there. Kind of freaky. If you've ever had a ghostly encounter, please share!

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    My eyes have played some crazy tricks on me to the point where I thought I saw ghosts, spirits or what not. Then I realized that there are no such thing as ghosts and that it was just my eyes playing tricks on me.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Yes- I believe! There's a ghost in the house where I live now. He turns the faucet on in the bathroom, bangs things around upstairs and has even touched us all at one time or another among other things. I see him several times a week.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I do.. ive seen weird things, lots of friends and relatives have as well.

Why cant ghost/spirits exist?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    No. if they existed we'd have proof by now.
  • JenStyle30
    JenStyle30 Posts: 33
    Options
    I believe in them... I love love love the show Ghost Hunters!
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yea I believe!! I've never really had an experience, and don't want one, But I have very close friends And family who have told me of their experiences. I love ghost stories.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do! And aliens too.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • therottenrook
    Options
    Yeah, ghosts don't exist. Neither does Santa. Or, the Lochness Monster. But, people believe anyway.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    apparently i have one in my apartment. i live in a building that was a hospital during the cival war. the man that owned the building walks the halls at night. or so said my landlord
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Yes- I believe! There's a ghost in the house where I live now. He turns the faucet on in the bathroom, bangs things around upstairs and has even touched us all at one time or another among other things. I see him several times a week.

Yeah, I dont think so.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

That is so weird- our faucets turn up by themselves all the time too !
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My mom passed away unexpectedly in 2007. I was crushed. About a week later, at 3am, I woke up to wind whipping around my room, curtains blowing like crazy. I looked at the foot of my bed, and there was my mother, standing there. She was transparent and didnt move or say anything, but she was there. A few days later I spoke to my brother, who lives about a mile away from where my mother and I lived. He was telling me that a couple nights before (the same night I had my experience) that he woke around 3am and the wind was blowing all around his room, he didnt see anything, but he woke his wife and said to her " my mother is here". It was crazy that we both had an experience like that on the same night. We also both realized that even though the wind was blowing our curtains all around, etc. Our windows were only open a crack, not enough to make the wake us on a normal night. lol It was actually a good experience for me, made me feel like my mother is still here with me! So YES! I believe in spirits!!
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    I believe anything is possible. Given the small percentage of brain power humans actually use, the countless unexplained things that happen all over the world daily, and all of the unexplored places, etc. You just never know.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    I believe anything is possible. Given the small percentage of brain power humans actually use, the countless unexplained things that happen all over the world daily, and all of the unexplored places, etc. You just never know.

its a myth that we use only 10% of our brain.

The myth's durability, Gordon says, stems from people's conceptions about their own brains: they see their own shortcomings as evidence of the existence of untapped gray matter. This is a false assumption. What is correct, however, is that at certain moments in anyone's life, such as when we are simply at rest and thinking, we may be using only 10 percent of our brains.

"It turns out though, that we use virtually every part of the brain, and that [most of] the brain is active almost all the time," Gordon adds. "Let's put it this way: the brain represents three percent of the body's weight and uses 20 percent of the body's energy."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=people-only-use-10-percent-of-brain
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options

The myth's durability, Gordon says, stems from people's conceptions about their own brains: they see their own shortcomings as evidence of the existence of untapped gray matter. This is a false assumption. What is correct, however, is that at certain moments in anyone's life, such as when we are simply at rest and thinking, we may be using only 10 percent of our brains.

"It turns out though, that we use virtually every part of the brain, and that [most of] the brain is active almost all the time," Gordon adds. "Let's put it this way: the brain represents three percent of the body's weight and uses 20 percent of the body's energy."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=people-only-use-10-percent-of-brain

Oh if its from a scientist then, it must be 100% factual. My mistake.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

If you have better supporting evidence for your view on the subject, please do share.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

huh? im just telling you that its wrong to beleive we only use a small part of our brains. its like saying we only use 3 teeth to eat. we know thats not true.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    No. if they existed we'd have proof by now.

there are LOTS of videos and pics from all over the world... That you try to find some logical explanation to everyone of them, well thats different.