Please guys don't try to pick up woman at Walmart (:

Options

Replies

• BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I love it!

And for single moms, this is a great way to weed out the dirt bags who aren't "into kids". :wink:
    Not everyone who doesn't want kids is a dirtbag, sweetie.

I absolutely second that. Might weed out those who might be incompatable, but I'm sorry not all of us who aren't into kids are dirtbags by any means whatsoever.
  • kathym42
    kathym42 Posts: 26
    Options
    Is this the first time anyone has ever talked to you that wasn't female? It is possible he was just talking to you. And if he was trying to approach you to flirt, I don't think it's your kid that scared him, it was probably the fact that you seem to be a snob.
    QFT

Ditto!

Not to sound dumb...but what is QFT?
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Don't pick up women at Wal-Mart.... hmmm.... I think I can manage...
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Lmao thats funny stuff right there--- how the heck are you suppose to have your reply with the quote??? Man I thought I had this darned thing figured out.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This reply is suppose to be with quote that seventwenty made about no problem about picking up women in wal mart.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Is this the first time anyone has ever talked to you that wasn't female? It is possible he was just talking to you. And if he was trying to approach you to flirt, I don't think it's your kid that scared him, it was probably the fact that you seem to be a snob.
    QFT

Ditto!

QFT = Quoted For Truth.

Don't worry I actually had to google it to know myself. Took me forever to figure out SMH and OTL too. I hate these new abbreviations.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    So, like, Aldi then? :laugh:
  • kathym42
    kathym42 Posts: 26
    Options
    QFT

Thank you :happy:
    Ditto!

QFT = Quoted For Truth.

Don't worry I actually had to google it to know myself. Took me forever to figure out SMH and OTL too. I hate these new abbreviations.
  • cubuffsgirl
    Options
    haaa. that made me laugh.
  • maverick_76
    Options
    Body fortress protein tastes really good and is nicely priced. As far as trying to hit on people at a store, I see nothing wrong with it. All the other person has to say is no thanks, and if you don't know how to leave it at that and somehow translate it into playing hard to get, then there is a problem.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love it!

And for single moms, this is a great way to weed out the dirt bags who aren't "into kids". :wink:

A man not wanting to take on the responsibility of another man's kids is not a d bag.

You have baggage in the form of kids. Deal with it... it's your issue, not theirs.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey now, Walmart honey's need love too!

Can't blame a guy for trying, but I blame him for not being witty enough to have a response equal to yours as that was a good one.

Exactly.

'Sounds heavy...need some help with it?'
    If a guy said that to me, I think I'd have to marry him.
  • krisjackson31105
    krisjackson31105 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I heard that grocery stores was one of the best places to pick up woman although I am 32 and never had a girlfriend and I have never tried to pick up anyone.I don't go to bars or clubs I dont even know if we have one in this town.Teens I hear hang out at Walmart.I gotta ask what if a guy walked up to a woman and seemed like a nice guy what would happen.I used to work at Walmart Tire and Lube and guys that worked there hit on girls but none really seemed to work out.Maybe if a guy is more attractive maybe it would work but if u look bad and no matter if u are a good person or not. I guess u can't.I think if the feeling is right do it.I mean it takes a lot to go up to a person that u never seen before.All u had to say is sorry not interested or sorry I am married and go on your way.Not all guys are creeps.
  • Sav_Sky
    Options
    LOL! So Target?
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    I am not following...what exactly is wrong with picking up a woman at Wal-Mart?
  • TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    Of course, everyone knows all the fine ladies hang out at soup kitchens.
  • TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    Has anyone tried Aldi? just stand next to the shopping carts with a fist full of quarters?
  • HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    True event that just occurred.

I went to Walmart to pick up a few groceries, I was in the aisle with protein powders and such. I needed some more whey protein and had a container in one hand and was reading the label off some other muscle building powder in the other hand. A guy walks up next to me....(I did not have my wedding ring on because I had been doing yard work today and forgot to put it back on.)

Guy: "Hey, you lift?"
    Me: "Yeah, I lift."
    Guy: Hmm, sooo what do you lift?"
    Me: "I lift a 2 1/2 year old....what do you lift?"

That was it for him, scared him off....laughed my *kitten* off. Don't try to pick woman up in Walmart people...please! :laugh:
    Where is it ok to try to meet women. I lost my book on appropriate and inappropriate places to meet women. I know the gym is off limits.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I love it!

So someone is a dirtbag because kids are a deal-breaker? I guess I'm a dirtbag...and suddenly teenage dirtbag pops in my head lol.

Seriously if you have kids you probably dont know how frustrating/annoying it can be to date someone with kids when you don't have any of your own
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    True event that just occurred.

I went to Walmart to pick up a few groceries, I was in the aisle with protein powders and such. I needed some more whey protein and had a container in one hand and was reading the label off some other muscle building powder in the other hand. A guy walks up next to me....(I did not have my wedding ring on because I had been doing yard work today and forgot to put it back on.)

Guy: "Hey, you lift?"
    Me: "Yeah, I lift."
    Guy: Hmm, sooo what do you lift?"
    Me: "I lift a 2 1/2 year old....what do you lift?"

That was it for him, scared him off....laughed my *kitten* off. Don't try to pick woman up in Walmart people...please! :laugh:
    Where is it ok to try to meet women. I lost my book on appropriate and inappropriate places to meet women. I know the gym is off limits.

Probably depends on the attractiveness of the guy
  • howcanthatbetakenalready
    Options
    maybe i'm missing something but whats wrong with a guy showing interest here?

That's what I'm wondering too? Other than doing it in Walmart, what's the big deal? Guys got some confidence to walk up to an extremely attractive woman and start chatting her up. No kid with you...no ring on.....

Ya I don't get it either. For one if it went down just like it was told he may not even have been hitting on her.

And second, I doubt having a child is why he walked away. It was probably the attitude.