July Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• amyloooo
    amyloooo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've never joined a challenge here but this sounds like a good one to try. I've been slacking off on distance and speed in the last couple of months, so my personal goal is to get back to 125 miles for the month at an average speed of 3.5 MPH. (I have to run a little of that to get to that average.) I use the Footsteps app on my phone.
  • puffinbrae
    puffinbrae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go! Anything to get moving :smile:
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    7-1-12:

40 minute walk with my Husband and puppy. It was super hot out today, so I am pretty thrilled that we followed thru and went. I think I will hit the eliptical for a while next.
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of walking 25 hours this month. (on top of my biking challenge). I'm one hour in :)

exercise.png
  • arvanhorn
    arvanhorn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in! I walked 1.56 miles tonight in 30 mins.
  • Snowbird73
    Snowbird73 Posts: 25
    Options
    I signed in 6/30 with a goal of 10,000 steps/day. After yesterday I realize that is too high for this ole girl! I will start this month at 5,000 steps/day. Maybe I will make it to 10,000/day in August.

exercise.png
  • wenikikini
    wenikikini Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just noticed this post! I'd like to be in.. I'll start walking today. I'
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    7-2-12. Treadmill walk
    52 minutes
    3.48 miles
    507 calories burned
    1% incline for 42 minutes
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome, One and All!

This is a very casual challenge. Post however feels right for you. I'm delighted to have so many people this month. I haven't done much walking over the last few months because I have been biking instead. On Saturday, I made an amazing (at least to me) discovery. My knee was pretty stiff and sore after my bike ride, then I had to walk quite a ways to get to a park to watch fireworks. The walk loosened my knees right up. So I'm hoping to get in at least a short walk each evening after my bike ride.
  • amyloooo
    Options
    OK, so if this is freeform, I'll just make up my own reporting method as well as the type of personal goal.

My goal is 125 miles for the month (125/31=4.03 miles per day walking every day), at an average speed of 3.5 mph.

End of day 2 totals: 11.6 miles, 3.7 mph, 3:23, 40% "running" (which isn' t all real running, just a setting on my pedo app to show me when I'm either walking really fast or running).

It's the average speed that's gonna be the stretch for me but I have to kick it up a notch. Trouble with getting near your goal is you don't burn calories at nearly the rate you did in the beginning.

Thinking of plotting 125 on a map to see how far it would be if I did it in a straight line. Anybody else do dumb little tricks like that?
  • amyloooo
    Options
    My imaginary trek: http://goo.gl/maps/ou6J

Empire State building, up the Hudson, almost to Albany -- or bust, by August 1.

nyc2albany.jpg
  • SinCity2003
    SinCity2003 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I actually walk on the Wii because it's way too hot here to be outside right now. I use Walk it Out and when I joined a walking challenge back in January I had my best month! Starting tomorrow I will be back on there for 60 minutes per day, which equals about 7500 steps (it comes out to 10,000 but I subtract for inconsistencies on the way it counts a step).
    My goal is 60 minutes per day, for 25 days this month (I will be away for 4 days on 4th of July and I'll have already missed 2 days as of tomorrow).

Can't wait to see everyone's progress!
  • lizverax
    lizverax Posts: 3
    Options
    Oh, I want to do this! I'm in :)
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    I am in. I love walking. I walk in the morning and the evenings.

Yesterday I walked 3.2 miles total.
    Today I also walked 3.2 miles total.

I try to get up before it gets too hot(even though I would rather sleep in a tad longer BUT it will be worth it). I also wait until later in the evening to walk. :happy:

My goal is to walk at least once a day but get 2 walks in on most days. So far so good. :wink:
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just saw this post is it to late to get in this?
  • petersal59
    petersal59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in:happy:
  • dottieisagoddess
    dottieisagoddess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....I've got 32lbs more to go :smile:
  • makinlbsgo
    Options
    Oh Yes! This sounds Great, I have walked about 3 miles a day since May 13th and I am looking forward to this keeping me motivated. Wonderful idea :flowerforyou:
  • submissivelyserving
    submissivelyserving Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    im in walked today and burned 365 according mio heart rate monitor
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Jul 2 = 60 min walk