WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2012

Options

Replies

• NVgal
    NVgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I was so happy to see this thread this AM! Yesterday I committed to walking at least 30 miles in the Move Your *kitten* Challenge for July. I missed getting in on the Lose 5 Pounds in July challenge but I'm doing it anyway. So here are my goals for July:

Walk at least 30 miles
    Lose 5 pounds (and get out of the 180's!)
    Continue logging in every day at MFP
    Drink 8 glasses of water daily
    Start in on toning exercises
    Buy a Fitbit

I'm 53 and living in Sparks, NV
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning All, beautiful start to July,

June goals were hit and miss, but helped me know how to approach July.

Wanting to do a cardio exercise of some sort for the full 31 days. (I managed 23 days in June)
    Moving my wall push ups to the floor at least 4 days a week (28 days in June)
    Get in to the weights for 3 days each week. (new for July)
    Squats for 25 days (did 26 days in June)

It's always the weekends that I seem to fall of the eating better wagon:blushing: Hubby trying to be helpful so that I'm not spending all my time in the kitchen wants to take me out, which would be fine if I could dig deeper inside and make better eating choices:grumble: So my last July goal is to get better at the choices I make when it's not my kitchen:wink:

The past weekend had a lot of good exercise in the form of bike rides and long walks. Saw a few bucks on the nature trails at the Resevoir, they were still in velvet and very beautiful. It was a very warm weekend and some hit and miss storms. The fires are still there but seem to be slowing in their growth, thank goodness.

This will be a short work week, the boss has decided we will work on Wed July 4th and have Thursday and Friday off:love: so four days off will be wonderful.

We went and saw two movies this past weekend, Snow White & The Huntman - was very good and totally different from Mirror, Mirror even if they were both the story of Snow White. Then yesterday we saw Rock of Ages...we really enjoyed it, it's a musical and full of late 80's early 90's music, just fun not Oscar worthy but fun and enjoyable.

Everyone have a great day. Drink plenty of water in this heat, log what you put in your mouth and let's keep moving:drinker:

Laura80111:smile:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have to walk the dog in the afternoon - just no time in the morning. But she and I walk every day - she's the best personal trainer ever!
  • adams423
    adams423 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ok I think I have lost my mind. Wednesday july 4th I am going to participate in a 3K race. My concern is that the heat in the midwest lately has been insane. Any suggestions on how to survive? All of my workouts and runs have been on the treadmill in a cool house. I am in big trouble I think.
  • sissygok
    sissygok Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stay on track with going to the gym 3x's a week, I have started a new ticker today with a new goal weight. I think I have myself in a good mind set now and trying to keep on the straight and narrow with my food tracking and choices. It seems easier for me in the summer with so many great fruit and veggie choices..
    I do great all day and then late at night my mind wanders to the pantry...I have to conquer this late night temptation.

Have a great day everyone. :flowerforyou:

July Goals

Stay focused on the prize...feeling good and knowing you look great!
    Resist late night eating
    Track foods
    Gym 3x's a week, increase time on bicycle
    Up reps on weight resistance machines
    Talk to trainer about working with her to set up a daily routine
    Feel energized and be positive.....AND
    GET THAT TICKER MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Morning.....I keep losing this thread....catch it when it pops on the feed! I need to friend someone on here so that I can see the posts! LOL I am recommiting to getting some weight off this month...been stuck for a few. I will move more, and incorporate more exercise into each day. So here is to all of us doing what we post! Have a great Monday! Glad I found this again...and seriously...if there is anyone who can friend me to help me find this thread regularly...please do so! Thanks
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    HAPPY JULY,
    My goals:

Drink 8 glasses of water (have yet to make this goal).
    Excercise 6 days a week
    Lose 7 lbs

Got my fingers crossed.
  • sissygok
    sissygok Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    2youngat heart, Once you have posted on this thread you can just click at the top on "My Topics" , it will be on a list and you can find it again...at least this works for me. Sissy:flowerforyou:
  • ShawnaElston
    ShawnaElston Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and would love to set some goals with the fab women in this thread.. My goals for this month are:

1. Lose 15 pounds
    2. Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day.
    3. Start feeling better and acting like it...

We are going on vacation for 10 days this month, so another goal will be to make sure I stay within my calorie limit and log in every day to MFP.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday..
  • 52josephine
    Options
    I've decided to look for post for women in there 50's. Low in beho I found one! Haven't set a goal for July yet, but, reading the post has really got me thinking.
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies :happy:
    so sorry I have been gone for a few days , so busy with work part of the week end and all, hope you all had a wonderful weekend, will have to read all the post later because it is a little crazy here today. just wanted to stop in and say a quick hello .:wink:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!!!

What is everyone doing for exercise since it's so hot outside? I try to walk early in the morning, but its still HOT!:huh:

I have so far gotten my 9 glasses of water in, easy to do in this heat, today I've already had 8 glasses, this may be a 12 glass day!

Hi :flowerforyou: To all the new ladies! I've been on MFP since May and I love it. I've lost 19 lbs. so far. The support here is fabulous .

Hope everyone is having a good day, will try to chat later!

Hugs,

DeeDee
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Had written a post, but it seemed to have been swallowed up by cyber space. :ohwell: :ohwell:

Have a great July!

Renny
  • laniv
    laniv Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've logged in my food and exercise over the past few days. I'm down one pound. My big challenge is fitting in sufficient exercise. I'm doing what teachers do over the summer - a massive house clean-up.

Goals for July:
    -keep my intake below 1250 cal/day
    -outdoor cycling 3 times per week
    -drink water
    -get to bed at a decent hour
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansones Walk Away the Pounds, Tae Bo and ride the stationary bike
  • Skyecath
    Skyecath Posts: 33
    Options
    Had a lovely weekend catching up with friends. Now very tired after a tough day at work so off to bed.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Cath
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hello I'd like to join your group! I'm Meg, I'm 53, and I have a long term goal of losing about 100 pounds. So far I have lost 11. My June goals were pretty well met; I joined the "Biggest Loser" competition at work, I joined here and have been here most days, and I have started back to exercising. Plus I did lose some weight! :drinker:

My goals for July are:
    1. to finally get to that 15# mark!
    2. to stay consistent with checking in here and logging food/exercise
    3. to increase my exercise (I'm slow at it because I have had 3 calf tears so I am taking it easy)
    4. to increase my water intake to 8 glasses consistently

I hope to find some great support here and lend my support where i can.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so inspiring, I just picked up my water bottle and started drinking! My goals for July are to drink at least 32 oz. water per day;, get more sleep regularly; eat under 1500 cal/day (plus the additional for any day I exercise over 1 hour); continue with my exercise routines of pilates, kettlebells, singles sculling, biking, yoga; continue to increase Sunday long bike rides by 5 miles (or more hills). I might try to add some walking in, but I am coming off a knee injury and may not be able to run again, and walking just isn't as fun. I will just let the pounds take care of themselves as I stick to this program. Its been working so far.
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Merrysioux - what is singles sculling?

Ok had to get the question out before I forgot who wrote it! LOL! Was still a little tired today after weekend activities. Tomorrow. Will be doing dumbbells and kettlebells in the am and have a tennis date with my sister after work. It is supposed to be pretty warm so probably a swim after that.

Had a calm day at work...busy but co-worker is back (yeah!) so no rants!

Have a great evening, ladies!
    :heart:
    Jen
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    I've made it for 2 days logging food - and eating healthily too. That's the secret, right? 2 days. That's what I always say. Just 2 days and you're back on track. By golly, I think it worked. I'm loving the way I'm eating again. Sheesh. About time.