Tattoo-Free: Who does NOT have any?

Options

Replies

• nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    No tatts here!! Thought about it during time in high school, but then thought "what would it look like when I am about 60 or 70 years old" all faded out and pretty ugly!!!
  • MernyMac
    MernyMac Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have two.......One on my thigh with paint brushes, vines and a heart that says Love to paint....I'm a decorative artist....It was my first....I was 48 years old

My second at 50 something, is one I designed because of my love for a special place at Old Orchard Beach, Maine.....It's a sandcastle, within it seagulls on a post, framed by a rope,along with a life preserver, and some sand dollars.....I have it on my ankle.....I love it !

I would love another, but my new hubby has nixed the idea, and I will respect his wishes.

I like tatoos if they are well done, and have meaning.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    None here. I'll never willingly get one. Why would I? I'm not a biker, been in prison,or perform in a punk band. I think if you want to get tattoos, you should have the lifestyle that goes with it. If I were to get one, it would be nothing but posing since I'm not some sort of hard, edgy character in any way.

I also personally don't want to deface my own skin, nor do I want to follow the crowd. Tattoos are oh so trendy right now and that makes me want to get one even less, if that's possible.

If you don't want tattoos, that's fine, but why do you have to be offensive to those that do?

1) I'm not a biker, nor have I been in prison, and I am certainly not in a punk band. These things are neccesary precursors to having tattoos.

2) There is no such thing as a 'tattoo lifestyle'.

3) Tattoos may be 'oh so trendy', but that doesn't mean everyone gets one for want of following the crowd.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    None here...I feel more unique these days that I don't have one. :)

Quoted for truth. Being unmarked and unscarred is the new full sleeves.

Me too! I wanted one when I was younger, but my first husband wouldn't allow it. I obliged. :) And now that I'm older and everyone else has one, the excitement of it is no longer there. I like being different. :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Proud to be tattoo free. :happy:
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not a one. Too indesisve to make that type of commitment. ")
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have none! Never wanted any and never will.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE tattoos, but not for me. I admire the art work and talent behind it, but I don't want any.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Same here! I don't mind them on other people, though.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Tattoo free too. I have a hard enough time making a decision about what to have for dinner, how am I going to like what I get????

Besides I'm a chicken butt to pain, I'll gawk from afar ;)
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of them look trashy/corny. I always wanted one, but am really happen I chose not to. What I thought was cool then would maybe make me look like an *kitten* now.
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have none :)
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    None! A, not my style, I change my mind WAY too much! and B, my parents always told me they would cut me off if I got one :noway:
  • ElohMaps
    ElohMaps Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    None here.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Same here! I don't mind them on other people, though.

Me exactly
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    hello
    i am also tattoo free..
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm tattoo free but I would like a few. I'll probably never have the guts or money to get one though.
  • BeanQueen3000
    Options
    None for me. I think about things i'd have like to have permanently etched into my skin from just 5 years ago, and i'd be horrified at them all today. If some image or phrase is that meaningful to me, i don't think i need any kind of physical reminder about it. I'd hope my personality speaks louder than my appearance.
  • zyrover
    zyrover Posts: 16
    Options
    No tattoos. I will never get one. I am too old and conservative to ink up my body. Personally, I feel some people really go overboard with them. Many young people who get several noticeable tattoos will probably regret getting them when they are older. I often wonder why anyone would want tattoos on their neck and face. Self-expression? I don't know. All I know is it's not for me.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    if there was meant to be a picture of a kitten/rose or a cobra on my buttocks, then I would have been born with it. I'll never get one, unless it GUARANTEES me passage into the Hell's Angels.

I have lots of other ways of expressing what is dear to me.