TOPIC: Ready to Rock it! - 12 Week Challenge (CLOSED GRP)

Replies

• kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Thanks Kristen for getting the start chart up, yay...and also big thanks for all of your constant work and monitoring, it is very much appreciated :flowerforyou:

:happy:

Everyone - Please, please read the posts on here. If you're not going to respond to them, it is quite fast to do. You will get answers to questions, tips and ideas, etc. Please go back and read the first post, on page one. :-) I truly hope that this can be a place to share what helps us, what hinders us, to support each other, etc. Not just a place to come weigh in once a week and not care at all what the other members are doing. :frown: This place will be as great as we make it. Let's make it GREAT! On another note...

I'm not perfect. SURPRISE!! :bigsmile: I've already done two obvious goofs. On your format, please add 07/30. I know I originally had it right somewhere... :grumble: The second goof is that, with that addition, our topic heading is now wrong. We are a 13 week challenge! With that info, right now, please don't change your challenge goals. Please give yourself a few weeks, to see how well you're doing. Some of you might have set your goal too high and will want to scale it down. Some of you might have been skittish and will accomplish more than you thought! Also, I tried to be as fair as I could, with our membership. I did well with our numbers and the closing of our challenge. I tried to do well with the backup and who got cut and added. That part always causes hurt feelings. :brokenheart: I gave people a little longer than I was going to (after the weigh in cutoff time and no weigh in) but if I didn't hear from them yesterday, that they still wanted to be a part of our challenge, they were cut. I had a backup list in place. That was CRAZY to keep track of! There were requests from here, the old thread, and through messages. I did my best to place people by date and time. Since there were so many, I probably wasn't perfect at it. I invited some to be a part of our challenge (to replace those that were cut) and I gave them so long to respond through message or posting here. If I didn't see anything from them, I messaged them a "never mind". That is part of what you have been seeing on our thread. All of that part will be settled soon. Thank you so much for your patience with everything!

Good luck with your food, exercise, water, etc., during tomorrow's holiday!
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    @ Kcthatsme, thank you for taking so much time and helping others doing these challenges . I look forward to the next 12 weeks with you and the entire group. For all my American friends have a fun safe 4th of July and I hope WE ALL have a great week!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    @ Kcthatsme, thank you for taking so much time and helping others doing these challenges are take a lot of time. I look forward to the next 12 weeks with you and the entire group. For all my American friends have a fun safe 4th of July and I hope we all have a great week!
    I SECOND THAT :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker: :heart: :happy:
  • cdasusie
    cdasusie Posts: 2
    Name/ real name: cdasusie / Susie Cowan

Current Weight: 216
    Challenge Goal Weight: 195

07/02: 216
    07/09:
    07/16:
    07/23:
    08/06: <<<mini goal weight>>> 209
    08/13:
    08/20:
    08/27:
    09/03: <<<mini goal weight>>> 202
    09/10:
    09/17:
    09/24:
    10/01: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 195
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Kirsten thanks for this challenge and the others i've done. They help me keep going and stay motivated. I really appreciate all the work you put into them.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Name/ real name: FitspoDoll / Heather
    Challenge Goal Weight: 241.5

07/02: 261.5
    07/09:
    07/16:
    07/23:
    08/06: <<<255.5>>>
    08/13:
    08/20:
    08/27:
    09/03: <<<249>>>
    09/10:
    09/17:
    09/24:
    10/01: <<<241.5>>>
  • natyts
    natyts Posts: 89 Member
    Name/ real name: Natalie

Current Weight: 154lb
    Challenge Goal Weight: 130lb

07/02:
    07/09:
    07/16:
    07/23:
    07/30:
    08/06: <<<142>>>
    08/13:
    08/20:
    08/27:
    09/03: <<<135>>>
    09/10:
    09/17:
    09/24:
    10/01: <<<130>>>
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Name/ real name: powerjenn/jenn......... woo- hoo another week, just adding 07/30

Current Weight: 162 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 147 lbs

07/02: 161.2
    07/09:
    07/16:
    07/23:
    07/30
    08/06: <<<mini goal weight>>> 154 lbs
    08/13:
    08/20:
    08/27:
    09/03: <<<mini goal weight>>> 150 lbs
    09/10:
    09/17:
    09/24:
    10/01: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 147 lbs

Have a happy and safe 4th everyone!
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Thank you Kristen! You do an amazing job organizing this. i really appreciate your efforts.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    @Kcthatsme, Thanks for taking the time to do another challenge! :flowerforyou:

The board looks great. I was trilled to be starting this challenge with a lesser number than the last. I am sure others feel that way too.

Happy 4th to everyone! :drinker: (that's my water)
  • @kcthatsme - Thank you so much for putting this together and all the time and effort you commit to it!

Happy 4th Everyone! I'll admit that days off, not at work, are hard for me...so I'm trying to be mindful of that challenge and make sure that I'm making good choices, etc.

Little to no fireworks here in Colorado due to all of our fires, so not sure what our plans for the evening. I know we're grilling but other than that, I just hope for a relaxing day with no work stress to deal with!

Cheers!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member

Happy 4th Everyone! I'll admit that days off, not at work, are hard for me...so I'm trying to be mindful of that challenge and make sure that I'm making good choices, etc.

Happy 4th of July! I hear ya, about the food. My husband is in a FOOD MOOD, this week, and he cooks great! And when he's in this mood, he cooks A LOT of YUMMY stuff! Not low cal/low fat either. :/ This week is going to be full of TEMPTATION, for me!! I just weighed myself (since I've been feeling thinner) to give myself some shoring up!!
  • runravirun
    runravirun Posts: 14 Member
    Your efforts are so very appreciated Kristen! I can imagine the effort it might have taken to put the chart together.. I have a suggestion for you here.. For filling in the weekly weigh-ins why dont you put our names in a shared google docs spreadhsheet and give us the link? That way we can access the sheet and post our weigh-ins directly against our names. It will save you a ton of work. To limit access to the sheet, you can set the 'sharing settings' to 'anyone with the link'
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Hi everyone!

Thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself since this is my first challenge!
    I'm aiming for 15.8lbs .. and assuming I can keep it up until our next weigh in, I'm down 2.8 of that!

My name is Mandi and I'm presently on maternity leave until January. We had our first child -- a daughter -- in December. I'm 27 and currently 178lbs. I'm the kind of girl who's always THOUGHT she was heavy, but never *really* was .. until I was.

The day I gave birth I was 225lbs. Yikes, right? When I joined MFP in February I was 198lbs. 27lbs came off without effort and without thinking. The 20lbs since MFP have been a bit more challenging. But I'm determined to spend this leave, while I have the time, devoting it to my family and myself .. so that when I DO go back to work (12h continental shifts) I'll be well equipped to face the challenges of healthy eating and exercise on a wonky schedule.

I'm so happy to meet you all and look forward to the undertaking of this challenge with you! I've reached a bit of a standstill with my weight loss so I'm messing around with my macros and routines a bit.

I love learning from others and hope this will be a great opportunity to do so -- thanks, Kristen (and everyone else!)
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    I'm also on maternity leave and I'm trying to lose the weight I gained from my first pregnancy (lost then gained back) and the weight I put on from my second pregnancy. I'm down 18lbs from May 1 and that's with not trying too hard but I know I need to do more than breastfeed to lose the weight and keep it off. I've gotten into a bit of a funk and I'm really hoping that this challenge is just the thing to get me back into the swing of things.

For the water challenge, I try to drink 1.5L a day so I'm not sure how many cups that is a day... I'm going to try to up that to 2 water bottles (totals 3L).

Thanks to kcthatsme for doing this!!!!
  • shamrockit
    shamrockit Posts: 40 Member
    Name/ real name: Shamrockit/Kristi

Current Weight: 298
    Challenge Goal Weight: 278

07/02: 298
    07/09:
    07/16:
    07/23:
    07/30:
    08/06: <<<291>>>
    08/13:
    08/20:
    08/27:
    09/03: <<<284>>>
    09/10:
    09/17:
    09/24:
    10/01: <<<278>>>
  • mommamindi
    mommamindi Posts: 273
    I really need to up my water intake in a serious way...but my biggest problem? Snacking after 8...I send my calorie limit into a tailspin :(
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    I'm also on maternity leave and I'm trying to lose the weight I gained from my first pregnancy (lost then gained back) and the weight I put on from my second pregnancy. I'm down 18lbs from May 1 and that's with not trying too hard but I know I need to do more than breastfeed to lose the weight and keep it off. I've gotten into a bit of a funk and I'm really hoping that this challenge is just the thing to get me back into the swing of things.

For the water challenge, I try to drink 1.5L a day so I'm not sure how many cups that is a day... I'm going to try to up that to 2 water bottles (totals 3L).

Thanks to kcthatsme for doing this!!!!
    1 liter = 4.2 cups
    1.5 liters = 6.3 cups (just under RDA)
    3 liters = 12.7 cups (AWESOME!!)

Good Luck!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    So yesterday I participated in my first ever 5K. I'm only half way through my C25K program but I still wanted to give it a shot and seeing as how it was a free 5K because it was hosted by the MWR on post I figured why not? Well I set a goal for myself to try and come in at 45 minutes because I knew that should be pushing myself as according to my Nike+ Running app, I ran 2.01 miles in 32 minutes. So logically I figured my 5K time would come in around 48-49 minutes. Well as I was heading towards the finish line I could see the official race time clock and I was so close to my goal that I picked up my speed and managed to make it in at 44'58"! Totally met my goal and I was excited. Yeah 45 minutes isn't the greatest time ever for a 5K but I'm proud of myself and was happy that my mom and kids were able to be there to watch me cross the finish line. But the best part was that afterwards my 5 1/2 year old sighted told me that she wants to run in the next one with me. I love that I'm able to be a better physical fitness and healthy eating role model for my daughter than my mom was for me (nothing against my mom as I know she did the best she could being a single mom and all and I love her very much). I very much don't want for her to grow up being the constantly overweight girl that gets picked on like I was. I want her to be confident in who she is and comfortable with her body and self image like I never was growing up.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    So yesterday I participated in my first ever 5K. I'm only half way through my C25K program but I still wanted to give it a shot and seeing as how it was a free 5K because it was hosted by the MWR on post I figured why not? Well I set a goal for myself to try and come in at 45 minutes because I knew that should be pushing myself as according to my Nike+ Running app, I ran 2.01 miles in 32 minutes. So logically I figured my 5K time would come in around 48-49 minutes. Well as I was heading towards the finish line I could see the official race time clock and I was so close to my goal that I picked up my speed and managed to make it in at 44'58"! Totally met my goal and I was excited. Yeah 45 minutes isn't the greatest time ever for a 5K but I'm proud of myself and was happy that my mom and kids were able to be there to watch me cross the finish line. But the best part was that afterwards my 5 1/2 year old sighted told me that she wants to run in the next one with me. I love that I'm able to be a better physical fitness and healthy eating role model for my daughter than my mom was for me (nothing against my mom as I know she did the best she could being a single mom and all and I love her very much). I very much don't want for her to grow up being the constantly overweight girl that gets picked on like I was. I want her to be confident in who she is and comfortable with her body and self image like I never was growing up.

So So AWESOME!!! Way to go!!! I have restarted my C25K after a bad tendonitis bout this winter made me quit it - I was afraid to go back, but I have finished Week 1 & my cranky ankle seems to be hanging in.

Great work!!