What is the craziest thing you believed to be true as a kid?

Options

Replies

• sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    that there were miniture people inside the tv set. I used to stare at the back of it, trying to figure out how they got in and out :)
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person in the world who knew where babies REALLY came from my whole life? I got the talk when I was like 3 years old haha I never even realized until now that that's weird...
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I thought trees shook to make wind.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That the cartoon characters were real people dressed in costumes lol..., and that Bozo the clown was gonna kill me in my sleep true story clowns freak me out!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Only I could prevent forest fires.

Hel! of a responsibility.
    Darn bear could not find anyone else to do it?
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I thought the people on tv could actually watch us back , :)
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That if you sneezed too many times in a row that you would die because your heart stops when you sneeze.

That China and Taiwan were toy stores since all my toys were made there.

Also that To be announced when listed on the tv guide that it was an actual tv show..... roflmao
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I thought that Pink Floyd was a dude named Floyd with pink hair.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    My mum convincedme that money grew on trees LOL. Such a gullable sucker!
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    That if you sneezed too many times in a row that you would die because your heart stops when you sneeze.

That China and Taiwan were toy stores since all my toys were made there.

Also that To be announced when listed on the tv guide that it was an actual tv show..... roflmao

Something sure does stop when you sneeze...
  • Carissamr
    Carissamr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have thought of a few things that I believed and I am sure as the day goes on I will think of many more

I remember thinking that when you got married you automatically got pregnant

I was always scared that from the time I turned off the bedroom light until I got in bed that the devil was gonna reach through the floor and grab me

My mother convinced my little sister that there were bubblemen that lived in the dishwasher and would wash all the dishes...my sister would sit there for the entire cycle listening to bubblemen...lol

I believed that parents were perfect, for that matter I believed all adults were

I believed nothing bad could happen on your way to church or while at church, such as a car accident or a tornado

I thought that a plastic grocery bag would make a great parachute

I thought I could dig to china...to bad I lived in Florida...I kept running into water

I also thought I could build a hot air balloon and travel around the world with my dad...I collected every scrap of wood and cloth I could and stored it behind our garage

As I think of more I will be sure to post them
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Not exactly crazy but funny, when I would see my parents get money out of the atm I thought they were just getting free money :laugh:
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    I was 3 or 4 the first time I remember being on a plane. I remember being PRETTY sure that there couldn't really be Carebears living in the clouds, but I had to check just in case (I didn't see any...).
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That in India, the sky would be red. I was so sure of it, and was sorely disappointed when we landed in Delhi :(
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I remember a cousin and me, making a formula to make your hands like solid rocks so you can break anything!!... omg I still remember when he tried... nothing bad happened... just remember him hitting a wall for a test...hahahahaha.. memories!!!!
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I believed that brown cows made chocolate milk and white cows made regular milk lol
  • Serenajeans
    Serenajeans Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I thought that when I ate the seed of a watermelon that I would grow a watermelon plant inside of me. :)
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thought when people died in the movies that they actually died. Always thought to myself why would they volunteer for that! LOL

I thought the same thing too!
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    When toy story came out I was convinced that my toys came alive when I wasn't looking and it freaked me out lol
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    After watching the Child's Play, I thought that Chucky doll will come & haunt me if he sees me alone, lol