Beer, girls, and confused men?

Options
kmarie0614
kmarie0614 Posts: 102 Member
So as a girl who is undeniably as backwoods as you can get... I can't give up beer. Or alcohol at all for that matter. It's my thing. Well over sweets, fried foods, etc. It was recently brought to my attention that alcohol, aside from wine and champagne is unacceptable for girls in a man's eyes. Now the question is do guys really think that a girl is unattractive simply because she can hold her alcohol? Or is that the opinion of a select few men?

Replies

• girlyathlete21
    girlyathlete21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think its the opinion of a select few... I know my man likes when I drink he um... benefits.... from it lol... He has never had a problem and as long as you arent getting sloppy or obnoxious I dont really see why its anyone else concern... oh and p.s. i wish i was backwoods.... i am as country and backwoods as a cali girl can get lol!!!
  • JKW1972
    JKW1972 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, and this is my first response. I too am from the country! Southwest Louisiana to be exact! I have no problem whatsoever with a lady who can handle her drink! I prefer it myself. I truly enjoy going out where everyone is drinking, a little loose, and having a good time!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I like a woman that can have a drink or two with me, but if she keeps up with me, I don't like that at all. I'm a city boy, but grew up partially in a rural area.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i like going out on a date and having a few drinks....with the weight loss, i can't drink all that much.....

i no longer want to try to keep up with my date when it comes to drinks....i did that in college...those days were fun, but i am grown up now.

i grew up a county girl, but i am as city as they come.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're hanging out with the wrong guys... when I was at uni, the girls who drank beer were definitely the most popular!
    That's not to say that drinking is good for your health - but I think anything in moderation is OK :)
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    It's the opinion of stupid men. I like guys who like to drink with me and think it's cool when a chick can party with them. :drinker:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    The whole "party and get wasted" silly girl act is only cute on young girl. Basically if you're over 25, you getting trash wasted seems a bit immature. Keep in mind I'm talking getting wasted as a norm, like how we used ot do in college days. Every once in a while is ofcourse fine but still not my thing but I wouldn't call it immature.

However, a girl drinking responsibly, she can drink whatever she likes. Beer, whiskey, vodka, tequila. I make a mean jonny Vegas if anyone wants some :)

Bonus points if the girl knows GOOD scotch and knows how to appreciate it, along with the guy who poured her the glass :)
  • ais048
    ais048 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Girls who can hold there alcohol => than girls who can't, I want someone who can party all night long!!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm English & I'm a woman & I drink pints & single malts. Dose that make me less of a woman. He11 no. But now instead of it being every weekend it's now 3 or 4 times a year.

But I've never thrown up on the street and I've never passed out thru drink.

And sorry but any man who feels threatened by me drinking pints is no man.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    I was always raised that ladies don't drink any alcohol that comes in cans or bottles. So to this day I only drink mixed drinks and wine. I believe it all depends on the man and how the woman carries herself.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well I was born and bred a Hoosier so naturally I have an affinity for beer. I also like to do outdoorsy things w/my booze (camping, canoeing, drinking poolside etc.) so beer is definitely much more convenient (& cheaper) than a lot of the alternatives. :drinker: :drinker:
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend doesn't mind me drinking beer, I think he's quite pleased really, that I don't just sip Mojitos and white wine spritzers. My male friends and family are always pleasantly surprised when we go out for dinner and I'll sit there in a cute dress and devour my steak, or enjoy a beer while I make them their sandwiches.

I'd like to think that I have class, I love to look feminine and my drink of preference would probably be a nice Spanish Red, but I try to complement ladylike things ( Nice manners, good posture, table etiquette, not swearing or using crude language when it's inappropriate to do so - around kids or elders for example - wearing dresses and heels and makeup and keeping my nails nice) with more "manly" things - learning to shoot, dealing with spiders, eating steak, fixing my own car, actually sweating when I work out and yes, drinking beer. Although I wouldn't drink a pint at a time; I prefer bottles

*Shrug* It's a subjective thing.

Admittedly, I'm rather tiny, so I can't hold my drink brilliantly. 4 bottles would have me happily drunk. Twice that would have me wasted.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    My boyfriend & his friends love girls who drink beer.
    1: They're usually not as sloppy.
    2: It's cheaper :)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I don't drink beer but i can't give up alcohol either! i'll have martinis and frozen margaritas at least 2 nights a week...
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    My hubby loves to see me put a beer to my lips.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I can't drink beer as a celiac, but I do like a pint of cider. British men mostly don't have an issue with girls drinking beer, except in more posh circles!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    A woman drinking beer isn't necessarily bad, and I don't consider myself to be someone who drinks a lot.

What do you mean by "can hold her alcohol" exactly? How much? How often? How does it affect you?
  • TattoodITGuy
    Options
    IMO...If you are more worried about what other people think, then i would say you have bigger conerns. Drink what you like and if the company you are with cant handle it, then you are with the wrong company. That goes for city and country folks.

That being said...

I like beer, but like Rum and Whiskey better. :tongue:
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    as long as you can handle yourself they shouldnt care!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Boozy ladies are too butch.
    Just an opinion.
    I prefer her drinking a dry glass of vino - classy :smokin: