(some of the) American guys...

Options

Replies

• MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Maybe American guys are cheap because they're all saving up to buy their foreskins back? O_o

Still got mine, maybe that's why I don't mind paying?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    american guys suck.

right?!?!?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    there is a certain stereotype about american guys (again, this is not meant to offend anyone, i am a serbian and most of you will immediately think, terrorist)

Actually, we think nothing. It's pretty sad that you have such judgmental opinions of people. I may associate civil war with Serbia, but not terrorists. I guess I will now though, thanks.

I have never had that thought in my entire life. But ... thanks for thinking so little of me.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    You're just picking the wrong men...bc if anything American men are little too frivolous with money. At least the ones I'm with.
  • MustBeTheRows
    Options
    there is a certain stereotype about american guys (again, this is not meant to offend anyone, i am a serbian and most of you will immediately think, terrorist)

Actually, we think nothing. It's pretty sad that you have such judgmental opinions of people. I may associate civil war with Serbia, but not terrorists. I guess I will now though, thanks.

pretty sure she was joking...
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more offended by the fact that you think most Americans are well off. :laugh:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    A guy who spends most of a date complaining about anything is probably not going to get any more dates with me...
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

yes, this was a joke, thanks. :)
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    american guys suck.

right?!?!?

thanks goodness that they suck ;)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more offended by the fact that you think most Americans are well off. :laugh:

haha no but those that i met are.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue!!! like i don't mind paying for myself at all, but if you invite me out and youre just gonna complain about having to pay your own way? it's frustrating. dont go on dates with guys like that. or dont go anywhere with them.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    DUMP HIM!!!
    :noway:
    What a miser - OUCH!
    Here's the rule of a true gentleman. If I invite you, I pay. FOR EVERYTHING!
    And we have a fabulous evening. And if I am not a man of great means, I plan things I can afford.
    Seriously, dump this guy NOW!
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

100 times ^THIS

And the same goes for females. You do the inviting, you do the paying. Plan within your means. DTMFA.
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    DUMP HIM!!!
    :noway:
    What a miser - OUCH!
    Here's the rule of a true gentleman. If I invite you, I pay. FOR EVERYTHING!
    And we have a fabulous evening. And if I am not a man of great means, I plan things I can afford.
    Seriously, dump this guy NOW!
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

^ This.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    all I know is you are hot. If I were on a date with you I'd just hand you my credit card and tell you to buy anything you want.

hahaha good one! lol.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    so the guy texted me and said that he doesn't wanna see me tonight because he doesn't wanna spend money (i'm sure it's that, he showed me that he liked me).
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if he REALLY liked you, he'd be willing to spend the money or would find a way to see you anyway.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    You should try dating a Brit. I won't even pull your chair out for you without charging for it.

Nice, +1.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is a purely American phenomenon at all, people all over the world can be excessively frugal (don't get me started on some British men lol)

And trust me do NOT get involved. If a guy is cheap/frugal and you are not, it's setting up the stage for arguments about everything from food, leisure time, to how you live your entire life. Not worth it.

It's one thing if you both feel the need to tighten your belts, so to speak, in order to save towards a common goal, but it's entirely another to be with a guy who moans about every single penny spent. It's a difference in attitudes that'll never reach a common ground or compromise.

agreed. don't waste ur time. if he really was short on cash he wud find cheap/free activities to do and put in the effort to still do things that he can afford. he sounds like an idiot. DUMP HIM. FAST.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    he keeps saying i'm beautiful, smart and funny so it's not me.
    i respect him for not wasting his money (that means he is smart and respectful of his parents) but i got the impression that this guy only thinks about that, i mean why are you inviting me to a date if you are gonna behave like that?

wait??!! his parents?? does this mean he is living off mommy and daddy? THAT would be my concern vs him not wanting to spend money.
  • MustBeTheRows
    Options
    all I know is you are hot. If I were on a date with you I'd just hand you my credit card and tell you to buy anything you want.

hahaha good one! lol.

attachment.php?attachmentid=62244&d=1310392802
  • zela
    zela Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Let me help you OP.

Being a Serbian guy in America I can attest to people here being alot bigger cheapstakes than in Serbia where money is much more scarce. But I don't think you can call this a problem or slap an American label on it. People in Serbia are more different in their ways or culture than most people and always looking to please guests/friends. Going out with Serbian friends can be more of a drag as we always argue over who has the privilege of paying the bill. I'm not going to say either way is right or wrong, nor pass judgement on people.