Replies

• Maureeeen
    Maureeeen Posts: 9
    Options
    Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Just finished Reamde by Neal Stephenson... Started Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bordain :)
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Shadow Of Night by Deborah Harkness and I feel like I am the only girl that isnt remotely interested in reading the Mr Grey books!!!

You're not alone!! I read the first few pages and couldn't tolerate it!!
  • SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the hunger games again lol
    i was also reading the house of night series and the maximum ride series.
    I like young adult books still lol

ha! I'm 39 and I love YA books..... just finished all the Maggie Stiefvater books ( fab!) now reading The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker.

I loved HofN series... too long between though!
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    A Scanner Darkly by Philip K D*ck (lol)

A good number of PKD's books have been turned into movies, including Blade Runner and Total Recall!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I recently read a funny novel on my kindle that I enjoyed. If you have facebook, go to Kindle Nation because they have so many free books and I found most of them really good. The name of the book was Dirty Work by Michael Lamendola. Another good book I read recently was Gifts and Consequences by Daniel Coleman and I also got this one free...Don't know if they are still free but both are good reads.
  • pastorhudson
    pastorhudson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just finished "Simply Jesus" by NT Write 2 stars. Now reading "The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business" by Charles Duhigg. Next up is "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel and then probably another non fiction. I'm really liking The Power of Habit. It has helped me understand what I have to do to keep on the fitness wagon this time around.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Just finished the third Tortall series by Tamora Pierce (start with Alanna: the First Adventure). It's young adult fantasy and very enjoyable.

Currently reading a Midnight Louis mystery by Carole Nelson Douglas. This one is Cat in an Ultramarine Scheme.
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Anything by James Patterson... I recently finished all of his "Womens Murder Club" series and "Suzannes Diary to Nicolaus". All were very good. His "Alex Cross" series is also really good.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Full Circle by RJ Scott. The 5th book in the Sanctuary series. Then I'm going to read Almost Paradise by Caitlin Ricci. Both are ebooks from Silver Publishing.
  • merls74
    merls74 Posts: 25
    Options
    Song of Fire and Ice -Game of Thrones series, on book 3.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Divergent
  • sfgonzales
    sfgonzales Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Gone Girl! It's really good!!
  • lzulk
    lzulk Posts: 9
    Options
    Demons - Dostoyevsky.

Brilliant.
  • luvinlife2012
    luvinlife2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The Fifty Shades trilogy.....
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Currently: La Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver

Recently read (and recommend):
    -Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - also by Barbara Kingsolver but non-fiction
    -Hunger Games trilogy - loved them - read them all in a week
    -All eleven books in the Mary Russell series by Laurie King (women's take on Sherlock - loved them!)
    -Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
    -Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen

I love historical fiction. I got some good ideas on this thread....thinking Game of Thrones books are next.....
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    "The Keep" by F. Paul Wilson

Loved the Hunger Games and the Game of Thrones (personally think the books are way better than the show and recommend reading them first.)

I'm also one that you couldn't pay to read the Shades of Grey series.....well, you probably could, but I wouldn't do it for free :)
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I'm a big reader, so I've been reading the Jenna Black, Morgan Kingsley series (urban fantasy) which I liked, and the Elemetal Assassin series, which I liked even more! I just finished the last book in the Fallen series. I'm waiting for the last book in the Hush Hush series, (both of which are about fallen angels), and am currently working my way through the Rich Dad, Poor Dad books. Time to put some faith in myself and start learning about the financial market instead of hoping my retirement account will be enough to support me when I retire. Shoot, I want to retire now! I'm also reading the Drop 10 Diet, which is full of information about Super Foods and how they promote weight loss. I recommend all of these books, however, the Jenna Black series is really for people who love fantasy. It can get a little raunchy.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    "The Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright
  • Dionysus35
    Dionysus35 Posts: 74
    Options
    Reamde by Neal Stephenson.