Rubbing cellulite away?

Options

Replies

• jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It seem the best treatment is a healthy diet with exercise.

I wonder how many calories you burn by rubbing the spot with sea salt or unicorn horn powder? Maybe it DOES work, but for a different reason. :laugh:

But, yeah, eat at a deficit, work out lots, lift to make the loss as much fat and as little muscle as possible.

LOL how would you log that ? Under wash & wax the car : :wink:
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you think of cellulite as fat stores, you will soon realize you have to burn cellulite off. There are many treatments and remedies out there, however there is no scientific or medical research to back up their claims.

It seem the best treatment is a healthy diet with exercise.

Last time I checked, men don't get cellulite so this reply is null and void.

As a woman, who has cellulite, I can say that rubbing it in the shower with the little nodule rubber thing and soap or coconut oil... doesn't work. Rubbing cellulite cream with the nodule rubber thingie... doesn't work.

I haven't tried any expensive treatments so I can't speak for those.

I found a significant REDUCTION occured when I started strength training; squats, deadlifts, leg curls, etc. I still have some, but it has gone down a significant amount. Partnered with strength training I do some running, yoga and I eat properly and consume enough water (sometimes more than enough).
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    as far as creams go, very few of the ingredients will pass through the skin so it's mostly the massage that helps. caffeine is proven to sink through though, so looking for a cream containing that might be an idea. it MIGHT stimulate cells in that area to burn faster.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    yeah, i've always had a curvy body. actually i have a dancer's body (but i'm not a dancer). thick legs, big booty. and i've been working my butt off. i have noticed it slowly reducing. it just seems like now that i'm in the healthy range it's still there. ugh

If you notice it slowly reducing, keep going. It's not going to come off over night, it will take a while.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I would think that rubbing would help as cellulite has to do with circulation (or is one of the factors that causes it anyways).
    Continue to eat a low fat diet, rub/massage, and exercise and you should see some changes eventually. Good luck!
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ will rub cellulite areas for free! :laugh: :laugh:

MIKEY!!! LOL :laugh:
  • lazydaisy88
    lazydaisy88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen this before? (Not a medical professional so I am not sure if this diagram is 100% accurate.) :smile:

http://thescienceofeating.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Book-Cellulite-Fat-Cells-Diagram.jpg
  • sherryltjackson
    sherryltjackson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think those who have cellulite will never truly get rid of it. It is a genetic thing. The best thing you can do is watch your diet, and exercise not only cardio, but lunges, squats, yoga so you are toning and body sculpting. Eating food that make you retain water, ie. high sodium is probably not the best either. If you are toned etc and still have a little here and there, think of it as little dimples smiling at you. ;D
  • niksnikki
    niksnikki Posts: 1
    Options
    Water, diet, dry skin brushing and sometimes it never goes away :(

Reading into it, looks like you need to improve the ciculation in the area to stop it clumping up like it does.

I find that a tan actually reduces the aprearence, and try almond oil to improve the condition of he skin overal.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    as far as creams go, very few of the ingredients will pass through the skin so it's mostly the massage that helps. caffeine is proven to sink through though, so looking for a cream containing that might be an idea. it MIGHT stimulate cells in that area to burn faster.
    False.
    Your skin is VERY capable of absorbing what it comes into contact.
  • jenna324
    jenna324 Posts: 28
    Options
    My personal trainer told me the only way to get rid of cellulite (no matter your size or muscle tone) was to lift a large barbell like this: http://www.masterfile.com/stock-photography/image/671-02102071/Barbell-bent-over-row-exercises-(Part-2-of-2)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    Cellulite are fat cells. You can't get "rid" of them. You can reduce the "appearance" of them with fat loss. Rubbing and massage them only "temporarily" reduces their appearance. There is no magic pill, method, lotion, etc. since their are genetic.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jenna324
    jenna324 Posts: 28
    Options
    False.
    Your skin is VERY capable of absorbing what it comes into contact.

You're both right (sorta). Your skin is semi-permeable and won't absorb everything. Source: husband is a doctor
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer told me the only way to get rid of cellulite (no matter your size or muscle tone) was to lift a large barbell like this: http://www.masterfile.com/stock-photography/image/671-02102071/Barbell-bent-over-row-exercises-(Part-2-of-2)
    I have done that exercise before, and I loved it. However, If you are working out w/o a personal trainer, I suggest start with the LOWEST weight barbell and do the exercise being careful of form. Do two sets, and see how your body responds. I say this because one time I must have done them wrong, or already been out chiropractically speaking, because I REALLY threw my back out, and it was painful. So start light and ramp up weight and intensity, and you should be fine. Truly, this exercise is powerful, so you will get more sore when you first start then you realize. Start light!
  • xbluehorusx
    xbluehorusx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The only thing that's worked for me has been squats. But you have to do a ton of them, every day. And once you quit, it comes back. Dammit!!
  • emmlovesyewx3
    Options
    cellulite is really all about genetics, unfortunately.
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    clean eating, sport+massage nobody will see it Of course you will be able to find fat in yourself after big meal but unless you are anorexic you shall have some fat too
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You should try daily dry body brushing.

Brushing for 5 minutes in an upward direction before jumping in for your morning shower significantly improves the appearance of cellulite.

It works even better if you team that up with an anti-cellulite cream and rub it in thoroughly.

Reduce your intake of soda and up your intake of water and voila......less cellulite :) x

PS.....this also works for pimpled skin on the upper arms :wink:
  • ToriKern
    ToriKern Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! Over the last few months I have been loosing weight. I was worried about lose skin and cellulite. A moisturizing cream is key ( i do use an anti cellulite lotion), plus eating clean, lifting weights and cardio!!!! Over time the appearance of my legs have gotten so much better! Thank goodness! Most people dont believe me when I tell them how much weight I have lost. That is because I work out like a crazy person!!!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

Ladies, pick up the weights!

STFU. I've been a dancer my entire life, have legs of steel, and I still have it. It's called genetics.

I don't recall dancing as being the same as weight lifting. *cough*

I lift too, 5-6 days a week - I was simply implying that I have strong dancer's legs.

And what kind of workouts do YOU do, pray tell? :tongue:

Try this:
    The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess
    6113uK-Y7RL.jpg