A little tip - Chick Fil A

Options

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise Chick-Fil-A and everything they stand for.

OK, I won't bother looking for you in heaven. ...lol

>Implying that statement doesn't ironically land you in hell as defined in Matthew 23:13-15,27-28 NKJV

As for me, I'm a Catholic raised, gay friendly athiest and I love me some Jesus chicken.

...*kitten* that sentence was incredible just to type.

You, my good sir, are awesome.

Aww, man, you took the words right out of my ...hand...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say that she's upset that C-F-A is a Christian-run PRIVATE organization. They are closed on Sunday, in observance of the Sabbath. Most people get upset that they run a Marriage Retreat of sorts for bolstering marriages and they refuse to admit couples who are not married, or of the same sex. Multiple organizations have attempted to sue this private enterprise for upholding their spiritual beliefs.
    I personally support them for this. They are also the friendliest and cleanest of all the fast food joints. I'm just not a fast-food kinda girl.
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.

????? What organizations do they support that deny people rights? I know they promote the rights of cows in their ads but I'm not in the know about what you're saying - care to elaborate?

To the OP, I appreciate your sharing a food trip and my question is in no way a contradiction of what your saying - just curious what she's talking about

Why is it ok for gay people to stand up for their rights but a privately owned Christian organization is not allowed to stand up for their rights?
    They are allowed to "stand up for their rights". We just don't have to buy their food.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but if I'm getting fast food, I'm not going to waste the calories on some grilled crap.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A little tip - Chick-fil-a hates me and my family and supports organizations that fight my right to organize my life in the way I choose. I wouldn't eat their food if it is was the last stuff on earth.

I'm sorry about this, but I can't change it. I created this thread to help those who, gasp, like Chick Fil A's food and wanted another option to chose from that wouldn't derail their goals. This isn't a political thread, guys, and I wasn't posting this to get berated for attempting to be helpful.

Leave them be. Most of us appreciate your tip. I, for one, just face book messaged my local CFA asking about this :):))))
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    The Chick-Fil-As by me have grilled nuggets for the kids' meals, which is what I always get for my son, so I can't imagine they wouldn't do it for adults, too :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD, POLITICS, GET OFF OF MY SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Yeah so I basically turned this thread into a "Christopher talks outloud to himself" session.

Carry on.

ahhh this made me laugh!
    happy friday!!
  • Sharyn913
    Options
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.

*eye roll*

No need to be condescending. She has every right to express an opinion, especially when it's about a company who shamelessly spends millions of dollars every year to promote intolerance.

They are a business, they can spend their money as they wish. Don't like it? Don't spend your money there. The OP was sharing a useful tidbit for people on this site. Turning it into a political bantering thread is going to have this locked by a mod in NO time.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say that she's upset that C-F-A is a Christian-run PRIVATE organization. They are closed on Sunday, in observance of the Sabbath. Most people get upset that they run a Marriage Retreat of sorts for bolstering marriages and they refuse to admit couples who are not married, or of the same sex. Multiple organizations have attempted to sue this private enterprise for upholding their spiritual beliefs.
    I personally support them for this. They are also the friendliest and cleanest of all the fast food joints. I'm just not a fast-food kinda girl.

????? What organizations do they support that deny people rights? I know they promote the rights of cows in their ads but I'm not in the know about what you're saying - care to elaborate?

To the OP, I appreciate your sharing a food trip and my question is in no way a contradiction of what your saying - just curious what she's talking about

Even at my fattest I thought their food was over priced garbage. A chicken sandwich at Burger King was superior to the main food item at this place, eh just never saw the draw of it. Now I realize my soul was probably trying to escape my body the one time I ate there. Never again.

Wow. I totally agree.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I wish we had a Chick-fil-a in upstate NY. Their Spicy Chicken ROCKS!

Oh man, you are so damn right! I probably would have NO PROBLEM not eating at CFA if it weren't for their spicy chicken biscuits! Did you ever dip them in the polynesian sauce? My god... I mean, oh geez (ha).... so damn delicious!
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Thank you for your contributiion of helpful information to this thread, Wracks.

You're welcome.

Contribution has one 'i'.

You should refine your culinary ability to the point that you're able to truly appreciate what utter rubbish chick-fil-a is. Peasant food for the palette inept.

This is why you should NEVER correct someone's spelling or grammar- the word you meant to use is "PALATE". Palettes hold paint. I shall refrain from calling you names but I do suggest you never poke fun at others.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

>Implying that statement doesn't ironically land you in hell as defined in Matthew 23:13-15,27-28 NKJV

As for me, I'm a Catholic raised, gay friendly athiest and I love me some Jesus chicken.

FTW! That is possibly the greatest sentence in the history of chicken.
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Chris, you are my hero!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sharyn913
    Options

Why is it ok for gay people to stand up for their rights but a privately owned Christian organization is not allowed to stand up for their rights?

Because if you don't agree with the way someone else thinks, then all of a sudden you are intolerant and ignorant. Welcome to 2012 where you are not allowed to have your own thoughts and beliefs.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Ah hahahahahaha! Wowzers! Jesus chicken! That is awesome! :laugh:
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    SPICY CHICKEN ... Must Nom Now.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Religious and anti-gay views aside, I just avoid any fast food. This is a good tip if you like fast food, and already frequent their establishments, though.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options

You, my good sir, are awesome.

LOVE IT!!!!lol
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options

nice try. his decision (like yours) is not something I'm accountable for.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    This is why you should NEVER correct someone's spelling or grammar- the word you meant to use is "PALATE". Palettes hold paint. I shall refrain from calling you names but I do suggest you never poke fun at others.

Oooooooh! The "mo-tation" continues!

tumblr_lmyzesxyNs1qfy2nj.gif
This discussion has been closed.