A little tip - Chick Fil A

Options

Replies

• funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    This is why you should NEVER correct someone's spelling or grammar- the word you meant to use is "PALATE". Palettes hold paint. I shall refrain from calling you names but I do suggest you never poke fun at others.

Oooooooh! The "mo-tation" continues!

tumblr_lmyzesxyNs1qfy2nj.gif

You're cracking me up. :laugh:
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Funny how people who damn the religious for being intolerant, don't consider themselves the same. How is the view from the cheap seats? Your elected officials set the policy in this nation, not Chic-fil-a. Don't like them, great eat somewhere else... but don't knock those of us that don't agree with your opinion.

I don't know what posts you have been reading. All I did was state my opinion that I choose not to eat at Chic-fil-a because of their political stands. Nowhere did I knock anyone, so I really don't understand your poor persecuted martyr act.

Get down off the cross. We need the wood.
  • treetop57
    Options
    Why is it ok for gay people to stand up for their rights but a privately owned Christian organization is not allowed to stand up for their rights?

Who said it was not allowed? They're allowed to trumpet their so-called Christianity on the street corners. And I'm allowed to not eat their so-called food.
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I will have to check my local CFA for those tasty grilled nuggets. Thanks for the best tip of the day!
  • treetop57
    Options
    A little tip - Chick-fil-a hates me and my family and supports organizations that fight my right to organize my life in the way I choose. I wouldn't eat their food if it is was the last stuff on earth.

Who cares? This was a post about getting non-fried food at Chick-fil-a. It was not a post about Chick-fil-a's religious, political or philosophical standings. It was not a post about you.

I care obviously or I wouldn't have posted it. Thanks for asking!
  • thejonperry
    Options
    On the fast food note. I found some low calorie diet options.
    Chick-Fil-A: Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich 270cal
    Jack in the box: Chicken Fajita Pita 300 cal
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise Chick-Fil-A and everything they stand for.

Thank you for your contributiion of helpful information to this thread, Wracks.

You're welcome.

Contribution has one 'i'.

You should refine your culinary ability to the point that you're able to truly appreciate what utter rubbish chick-fil-a is. Peasant food for the palette inept.

This is why you should NEVER correct someone's spelling or grammar- the word you meant to use is "PALATE". Palettes hold paint. I shall refrain from calling you names but I do suggest you never poke fun at others.

I have nothing productive to add to this thread, but just had to say this cracked me up. :D
  • treetop57
    Options
    They are a business, they can spend their money as they wish. Don't like it? Don't spend your money there.

Yes, that is exactly what I said: that I wouldn't spend my money there. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    or you could make chick-fil-gay (oven bake instead of fry): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNq8r4S5jSk :)
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options

You're welcome.

You should refine your culinary ability to the point that you're able to truly appreciate what utter rubbish chick-fil-a is. Peasant food for the palette inept.

I have nothing productive to add to this thread, but just had to say this cracked me up. :D

This is a pet peeve of mine. Someone pointing out another's error in an ignorant (and unkind) manner.
  • j2tyco
    j2tyco Posts: 42
    Options
    This hysterical Christian comedian loves him some chick fila

http://youtu.be/NsJHqstPuNo

and these

rockin Drag Queens want you to Chow Down at Chick Fila-- even if you're gay

http://youtu.be/sO-msplukrw (*not safe for kids or work)

YouTube for the win.

To the OP- thanks for a great tip I have only had chick fila maybe twice but its good to have these "nuggets" in mind for if and when a drive thru pass is on the books.

** edited cause I was trying to hyper link the videos but apparently html is not allowed on here? oh well
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.

*eye roll*

No need to be condescending. She has every right to express an opinion, especially when it's about a company who shamelessly spends millions of dollars every year to promote intolerance.

They are a business, they can spend their money as they wish. Don't like it? Don't spend your money there. The OP was sharing a useful tidbit for people on this site. Turning it into a political bantering thread is going to have this locked by a mod in NO time.

They can make whatever "charitable" contributions they want, and I will continue to point out my objections to these charitable contributions as long as they continue to make them, because I am entitled to do so.
  • ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    Also, they have a fantastic wheat bun option without butter that I LOOOOOVE!
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your hate-filled fat food (er... fast food) will really help you with your heath/fitness goals.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    To clarify, I blame this thread.

7517114086_a4fafb3a10_n.jpg
  • treetop57
    Options
    They can make whatever "charitable" contributions they want, and I will continue to point out my objections to these charitable contributions as long as they continue to make them, because I am entitled to do so.

Isn't free speech wonderful? Chic-fil-a is free to support anti-gay organizations. I'm free not to spend my money there and explain why. And people are free to make defensive posts saying that I'm being intolerant by choosing to spend my money in establishments that don't attack my family!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your hate-filled fat food (er... fast food) will really help you with your heath/fitness goals.

>Implying I'm not full of 51g of delicious hate-filled protein for a little over 200 calories.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

You're welcome.

Contribution actually has two i's.

Not in the same syllable. :happy:

"Thank you for your contributiion of helpful information to this thread, Wracks. "

LOL. this is really funny. You despise Chick-Fil-A. And everything they stand for. Don't they stand for chicken? Sooooo you hate chicken? Not a problem really. Just don't eat there. Problem solved.

And yes, I realize "So" only has one "o". It's for emphasis, dumb-@$$
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    lol....this so has "locked thread" written all over it......copying now for laughs later.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Interesting articles for those who eat the orginial chicken sandwiches there, but have you found anything about their grilled options, for example the chargrilled chicken sandwich? The only thing that's bugging me about eating those grilled strips is that I don't know exactly what their nutritional value is. Online the site only seems to let you see the information for an entire grilled sandwich - I would like to know what it is sans bread.

this is whats in the grilled chicken sandwhich
    Chargrilled chicken (100% natural whole breast filet, water, contains less than 2% of sugar, butter flavored vegetable oil [soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural & artificial butter flavor, TBHQ, beta carotene], yeast extract, seasoning [sugar, spice, paprika, soybean oil], modified food starch, salt, sea salt, natural flavors, dextrose, potassium phosphate, maltodextrin, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, paprika), wheat bun (enriched flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, wheat bran, cracked wheat, yeast, sugar cane syrup, contains less than 2% of the following: wheat gluten, rolled whole wheat, soybean oil, salt, rye meal, dough conditioners [contains one or more of the following: sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium stearoyl lactylate, monoglycerides and/or diglycerides, calcium peroxide, calcium iodate, DATEM, ethoxylated mono-and diglycerides, azodicarbonamide, enzymes], calcium sulfate, honey, molasses, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulfate, calcium propionate [to retard spoilage]), tomatoes, green leaf lettuce, pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, lactic acid, calcium chloride, alum, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).

all their ingredients are on their website. I dont think they have the grilled nuggets up yet though.
This discussion has been closed.