Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    I LOVE Dairy Queen. Their Chocolate Xtreme is my weakness! :love:
  • simplyme99
    simplyme99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would only do this as a splurge ... nothing tastes as good as being skinny though! :bigsmile:
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    They have a mini blizzard for 400 calories. For some that may be excessive, but I think it is great for the price of 2.96 and for it being one of the most delicious ice creams EVER for only 400 calories

DQ Peanut Buster Parfait - 31 grams of protein (hey that's a good thing), 725 calories (yeah, well that's not)......but awesome once in a great while!

like most have been saying it's all in how you want to spend your cals......today my splurge was birthday BBQ lunch, had it, savored it, enjoyed it, loved it, and compensated on other ends of the day calorie and exercise wise....

keep up the fantastic work! i too love the pic! looks like pup wasn't invited to enjoy the mini blizzard!

HAHA yeah he wasn't invited. Lot of people have been mentioning that desert from DQ maybe I should go check it out sometime next year when I can afford the calories lol!
  • musicmint
    Options
    I would only do this as a splurge ... nothing tastes as good as being skinny though! :bigsmile:
    My parents keep telling me that I look fine and the BMI chart says I am normal weight so being skinny is not my goal :/ sorry
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    My parents keep telling me that I look fine and the BMI chart says I am normal weight so being skinny is not my goal :/ sorry

I agree. I'd rather be fit and toned than be skinny, but everyone has different goals :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    ... nothing tastes as good as being skinny though!

bacon does. also, ice cream. hmm ... bacon ice cream?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Yup...some days I have the extra calories and a mini blizzard it is. It's not a waste..it's enjoying something you like.

If I had to avoid any kind of food just to "diet", I'd shoot myself.
  • musicmint
    Options

Actually they just came out with that I think thats mcdonalds....but in my opinion thats just nasty together! lol
  • asbonita3
    asbonita3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    to me, if you are under your calories.. and you ultimately eat healthy (you arent eating only DQ ice cream for all your calories!) then why not?? Heck, i have beer on weekends sometimes, and other things like candy bars, ect.. but im ALWAYS under calories, and if you check out my diary, i eat very healthy! So whats the big deal?
    Whats the big deal....Well do you need to eat that stuff? What does it do for your body other then tax it and fill it with processed crap and sugar....If you eat VERY healty like you claim then you would know that candy and chocolate bars are unneeded and senseless.... for a chocolate bar you could almost have another meal common its common sense. Eating heatly doesnt mean just come up under your goal plain and simple its about making smart choices.

It makes sense if I was someone who just had a gastric bypass and needed to learn self control...but for some common sense is having a good balance. Sugar is not processed that was created by God too by the way :P

Well we could argue the god thing but thats a whole nother ball game......Sure sugar is natural but your trying to tell me that god wanted us to make twinkies, snickers, mars bars and stuff like that to eat,,,common. I agree a treat once and a while is fine but sugar is an addicting substance and really refined sugar isnt good for the body no matter where they got the starting product from. All im saying is the usa wouldnt be in a state of obesity if these products werent created, sold by the millions and eaten like they are not bad for you.
    Why the heck is God being brought into a simple conversation of a Dairy Queen treat. We all have different ways of losing weight and maintaining it. You should get off your high horse. Oh and btw we all will die one day whether it's by drugs, alcohol, food, car accidient, disease, etc. we don't know when we're goning to go, but we all are going.
  • musicmint
    Options
    Yup...some days I have the extra calories and a mini blizzard it is. It's not a waste..it's enjoying something you like.

If I had to avoid any kind of food just to "diet", I'd shoot myself.

And in reality it is not a diet...a diet is what you eat ..that means a LIFESTYLE and that means a life time of not eating sweets...I'd shoot myself too...balance and proportions and exercise is key
  • asbonita3
    Options

Actually they just came out with that I think thats mcdonalds....but in my opinion thats just nasty together! lol
    It's actually Burger King and it's not that bad really. Bacon works with everything lol.
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    At the very least, you could try one of the less dense Blizzard Minis, like the Hawaiian (300), Choco Cherry Love (330), or the Banana Split Mini (290).
  • Eifersucht
    Eifersucht Posts: 34
    Options
    When it comes to DQ, I'm happy with a child size chocolate cone for 180 calories and $1. Perfect for me. =)
  • Starvandeva
    Starvandeva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    DQ is great(def. love a dipped cone or a frozen hot chocolate!) but I am so into the Fro-Yo places right now!

Red Mango, Menchies, Berry Yo and Yogurt land all have me as a frequent flyer.. and as long as it fits in my calories, I am good to go!

Those are my faves too BUT I stopped going because I have no idea how to track those kcals once I start adding toppings ;)
  • musicmint
    Options

It's actually Burger King and it's not that bad really. Bacon works with everything lol.

You tried it??? Gross!!
  • asbonita3
    Options
    For me I have a big sweet tooth so I have to find healthy options. I treat myself a little but I'll have like peanut butter and banana, watermelon, apple, frozen yogurt, low cal ice cream. Blue bunny has a double strawberry low cal low sugar 90 cal/ 1/2 cup.
  • musicmint
    Options
    At the very least, you could try one of the less dense Blizzard Minis, like the Hawaiian (300), Choco Cherry Love (330), or the Banana Split Mini (290).

Yeah...but I mean I dont go often and if I was gonna do a once in a while thing MINT OREO BLIZZARD FOREVER for me!!
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would exercise the 400 calories back. I have a sweet tooth.:smile: That's me tho. the minority.
  • musicmint
    Options
    I would exercise the 400 calories back. I have a sweet tooth.:smile: That's me tho. the minority.

i agree with you as a matter of fact I am running it off tomorrow morn 2 1/2 miles!!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Mmmmmmmm...... Bacon. I love bacon.

And ice cream.

And taco bell.

And wine.

But I really REALLY love bacon.