Dairy Queen!

Options
123457»

Replies

• ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    Just read through the first few pages ...geez ya'll. If musicmint wants to spend 400 cals on ice cream, that's fine! You don't like it? Then don't do it. Don't jump all over her for it. To me, every once in a while the Chickfila fried chicken sandwich is worth the 400+ cals, just not all the time. Fast food is so my weakness, sweets not as much. If you want ice cream every once in a while and it's in your calorie allowance, do it, and you enjoy your ice cream :)
  • dianaconqueso
    Options
    I support your love of Dairy Queen. I work ice cream into my diet almost every day, and I believe you should be able to eat what you want as long as you control portions (re: tiny Blizzard). I don't care how much healthy food I could eat for those calories, if I want ice cream I'll make it happen and plan the rest of my food for the day around it.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Dude, go to Yogurtini! 4 oz for 130 calories at the most and 0-3 grams of fat depending on the flavor... if I'm really craving it, I get 8 oz and allow myself to get as many toppings as I want and it's a meal!
  • submarinewife07
    Options
    Hey there
    I definatly get dq cravings.lol. But as long as it fits into your calories daily I see no problem.(as said by many on here.) lol. But when I want to serve my ice cream craving I lovvvve skinny cow especially the cookies n cream thats 100 cals..You're only human..
    I'll admit every once in a while I'll cheat and have say little ceasars a which is 250 per slice of cheese pizza and o ly try to go over at most 100 but I work out harder that week to compensate for it. I only use cheat days when I've achieved a goal like...every 10 lbs....or my next one will be running a full mile without walking...its one of the things I use for motivation..lol. I know it sounds crazy but it's working for me...so all in all it's about whats best for you.:-)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I like the teeny tiny frosty's at wendy's too! Now if I could just convince myself not to get the burger, fries and ice cream all at one time :laugh:
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    LOL maybe once a month !!!! But my breakfast or lunch have fewer calories than that. I'm so past this. Not that I wouldn't eat it if you sat it in front of me. I just wouldn't go hunt one down at the DQ. I might have a diet rootbeer float instead.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    "I'd much rather" make TWO of my 100-cal brownies with an entire pint of Maple Vanilla Arctic Zero for 350 calories.
  • irishgirl818
    Options
    Wow, things got pretty contentious there for a while. By the way, it's spelled concoction to the guy who felt the need to put a K in the middle.
    I read "Lose Weight WITHOUT Dieting (Animal Kingdom Workouts)" by David Nordmark, and "Make Shift Happen: Change How You Look by Changing How You Think" by Dean Dwyer and both advocate allowing some measure of "cheating" into your diet. It's a lifestyle. Nordmark goes by the 80/20 principle of 80% healthy organic foods and 20% treats (whatever your weakness may be).
    (Both were purchased on my Kindle).
    I actually prefer ice cream made from coconut milk these days. I'm allergic to dairy (it makes me sneeze and makes my nose run even though I'm eating it) so cutting back on dairy whenever I can. It's got a pleasant coconut undertone to the vanilla flavor that was surprising. Sometimes, just to have a little added "sundae" effect, I drizzle a little local honey on it (also good for allergies).
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    PSSSH worked at DQ for 3 years. during that time i gained about 50 lbs haha. deffinitly nooooot a good place to work. i would much rather eat some frozen yogert pop or something then go there. i will probably never eat their ice cream again.

for anyone who is getting hungry from reading this thread: i once saw someone spit peanuts out of their mouth back into a box in the freezer. just think about that if you want ice cream :]
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    Hey there
    I definatly get dq cravings.lol. But as long as it fits into your calories daily I see no problem.(as said by many on here.) lol. But when I want to serve my ice cream craving I lovvvve skinny cow especially the cookies n cream thats 100 cals..You're only human..
    I'll admit every once in a while I'll cheat and have say little ceasars a which is 250 per slice of cheese pizza and o ly try to go over at most 100 but I work out harder that week to compensate for it. I only use cheat days when I've achieved a goal like...every 10 lbs....or my next one will be running a full mile without walking...its one of the things I use for motivation..lol. I know it sounds crazy but it's working for me...so all in all it's about whats best for you.:-)

Yeah I just dont get how people only eat sweets and work out harder to compensate for it...the run or the workout would be harder anyway!!
  • musicmint
    Options
    PSSSH worked at DQ for 3 years. during that time i gained about 50 lbs haha. deffinitly nooooot a good place to work. i would much rather eat some frozen yogert pop or something then go there. i will probably never eat their ice cream again.

for anyone who is getting hungry from reading this thread: i once saw someone spit peanuts out of their mouth back into a box in the freezer. just think about that if you want ice cream :]

LOL this is funny
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I grew up loving DQ blizzards, and LOVE the new mini size. I definitely splurge occasionally on one! :)
  • musicmint
    Options
    I grew up loving DQ blizzards, and LOVE the new mini size. I definitely splurge occasionally on one! :)

I get kind of worried though because it seems like all the people I see that go into DQ are super fat! I don't want to be like that I just thought once and a while mini blizzard 400 cals was ok
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    They have a mini blizzard for 400 calories. For some that may be excessive, but I think it is great for the price of 2.96 and for it being one of the most delicious ice creams EVER for only 400 calories

I love Dairy Queen Blizzards! However the one I order is generally over 1000 calories
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ouch mini blizzardX400 sounds like a MEGA gym effort later..
    Yeah. I once wanted a big ooey-gooey cinnamon bun - I rode my bike 50km, ate the cinnamon bun, waited 1/2 hour and rode 50km back home - testing my blood sugar 3x in the process. (It was great every time).

Nearly 4 hrs of bike riding though for a cinnamon bun.

As a diabetic who would normally never be able to eat such a thing, it was totally worth it. Yes, I may do a similar thing for a blizzard some day...
  • youcantfoolme
    youcantfoolme Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I had onion rings (ate half), crispy chicken wrap and small strawberry sundae just the other nite. Wow, yummy! You CAN lose or maintain weight and still be good to yourself and enjoy it. I did.:laugh: I have no intention of living on bean sprouts and lettuce.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    deleted, double post
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Wow, things got pretty contentious there for a while. By the way, it's spelled concoction to the guy who felt the need to put a K in the middle.

I had a giggle at the slightly phallic mix up lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Meh...

Every time they come out with a new Blizzard, I consider trying it, then I end up getting one of my two favorites: either a Peanut Buster Parfait or a banana split (changing the toppings to: hot fudge, caramel, marshmallow, and adding spanish peanuts)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds ice cream cone is only 150 if your wanting a sweet treat:smile:

Eww. :laugh: