How long did take you to lose 30 pounds

Options

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the longer it takes. It has taken me two months to take off 10 pounds...
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    30 lbs - about 30 weeks...:drinker:
    It's not a race.
    The slower - the better.
    Losing fat is actually very simple but just hard work.
    This is how MFP works
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/3-how-does-myfitnesspal-work
    And Tips for Newbies
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies
    Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.

All Is Possible!
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    About 7 weeks and other than the first 3 days I was eating atleast 1500 hundred calories and I'm 5 10 and was 255 it was still faster than what is safe. I'm not why it happened so fast other than maybe I was really over eating and under exercising prior.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    About 5 - 6 months...then 6 months later I had gained back 15
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36.6 pounds since Jan. 12th so about 5 and a half months or so.
  • Taraa216
    Taraa216 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am about the same as you right now..
    I have about 80-90lbs total to lose but for right now just want to get to 199 as well. I have been yo-yoing since Jan. this year to lose the amount that I am at now.. but with REALLY focusing and trying since May. Since May 21st i have lost about 20lbs. I am being more serious about exercise and eating better now so I can really get this weight off.
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I lost 12lbs the first month and 20lbs the second month (don't know how that happened). I was really shocked when I weighed in, so 2 months for me.
  • RegalSeagull
    Options
    About 70 days. 242 to 212
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I lost 12lbs the first month and 20lbs the second month (don't know how that happened). I was really shocked when I weighed in, so 2 months for me.

I've already lost about 8 lbs it's been 2/3 weeks I'm thinking 12 by aug 17th since I started July 17 hopefully my results are 20 the second month as well -wouldn't that be lovely ❤ touché to you ;)
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    6 months...
  • Chickymama737
    Chickymama737 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm down 29 lbs in 3 months. I run 5k 3-4 times per week, limiting processed foods.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    It took me 4 months on WW but I am much older than you probably, I am 65
  • hannibal28
    hannibal28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Took me about 14 weeks, Do cardio and weight training 6 days a week. totally changed diet. #1 soda gone.
  • biscuitwelsh
    biscuitwelsh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    10 Weeks on the nose.
    I used the goal setter on this site to set up my daily calories, logged everything that went in my mouth and worked up to 5 hours a week in the gym.

60 or so to go
  • AmmyP
    AmmyP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's been a long time to get to 26 gone but the key is to keep going.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Just shy of two months.
  • 6Quinn
    6Quinn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is all good info - as I am new to MFP...and you have encouraged me....now to put it into action!! :happy:
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    5 months...staying under my daily calorie goal and going to the gym at least 4x a week. good luck! :smile:
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    about 4 months, but I was working out at Curves 4-5 times a wk and walking 3miles every night with eating only 1500 cals..TOUGH stuff let me tell you..and I've gained it all back and then some :(
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    6.5 months
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!