How many calories are you eating?

Options

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and eat between 1300 and 1600 cals/day. I'm older and small already, so my calorie goals have to be fairly low, but I cannot imagine eating as little as1000 cals/day.
  • merd0210
    merd0210 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'7" - I was eating 1200-1500 and exercising about 6 days a week 2x a day, after reading some helpfull advice on here i have upped my calories and starting eating back almost all my exercise (it was really really hard at first) . Now It has been over a month and I have not gained a pound and have way more energy during my workouts. I would not recomend eating under 1200, expecially if you work out, as you will have no energy/fuel to burn.
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    5'5... 126-128 lbs.

I generally net around 2,600-2,900 daily... (After exercise this is the calories that I am left with)
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4" and eat around 2000 calories every day. I eat every single calorie I burn and NEVER net below my BMR. I never eat below 1800, even on rest days. I have been doing this since Feb, am almost 30 pounds down and am almost to my goal weight. I work out a fair amount and LOVE to eat. I swore this time would NOT be a diet and it hasnt been. I feel healthy eating enough to fuel my body and confident that I am setting a good example for my daughter. I never want her to think she has to be hungry to be healthy, it is quite the opposite! I couldnt say the same on any "diet" I did in the past. :)
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    1380 right now because I'm sedentary.. But I eat back most of my exercise calories.
    If I were to just stick to 1380, I would probably rip someone's head off and splash around in the blood.
  • Jenloma
    Jenloma Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'0 and eating 1200 calories a day and working out about 4 times a week. (Last week, I was way too busy. BUT I am starting up again by trying to work out 5 days a week).
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. I ate around 600 for years, I got to my goal weight and then a bit below. After a couple of years I was burnt out, diagnosed with cfs and start eating around 1000 calories a day. The weight piled on until I weighed more than I started with. Now I'm eating around 1800 when I'm not exercising and anything up to 2500 calories when I am, and I'm now losing.
  • cfloresmt
    cfloresmt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    5"11 and too little. (1100 avg).

Sticking to v low carbs (<20g), high protein (~200gr) and mid intake of fats a day. Body fat has gone down like crazy while increasing (albeit slowly, which is understandable) in muscle, but progress has been constant with regular weight increases.

So far this has been working. In 4.5weeks I lost 8kgs, gained a bit of muscle, increased in cardio and muscle workout. Will keep this up until I can take it no more lol
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    I am 5'5 and set at 1350. BUT! That is what I eat if I don't work out or basically move all day. I eat almost all my exercise calories back. So depending on the day I am eating 1500-1800. Some days more! The harder I work out, the more active I am, the more I get to eat! This helps me maintain muscle. I feel great. I don't get run down and it gives me energy for working out hard. I can not imagine eating less than 1200.
    1200 calories is what they give someone in a coma to stay alive.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I'm 6', 285 and I eat between 1500-1700 calories a day (my diary is open to the public). And yes, that is an amount I settled on after speaking to my Dr, a dietician and my own research. This level works for me, but I make sure my calories count (170 grams protein minimum and stick to right around 100 g carbs) and don't eat empty calories. The high level of protein will offset the muscle loss (and so does lifting 3x or more a week) from a lower calorie diet. But, I also have a lot to lose, so us bigger folks can take a larger calorie deficit then someone looking to lose 10 or 20 lbs.

That being said, each of us is different and what may work well on one person doesn't work at all on another. We each have to tailor our own diets to our bodies needs. That takes patience, time and a willingness to try changing things to find that optimum balance.
  • nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2000-2300 a day. I can eat about 2500 a day without maintaining, before exercise comes in.

This works. I ate 1400 a day for a week. It did not work, I felt like ****.

Eating 600-800 calories... That's eating disorder territory. Do not do that.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Kathyms13 congrats so far on your weightloss, to each their own. But I cant help but think I know a 2 year old who eats more than you!
    this.

5'3", 144lbs - between 1800-2200 depending on the day.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I average about 2000 calories per day. Eating. Not netting.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 too ! and i try to eat under 1,000 calories too :D
    And your goal is to reach 76 pounds at 5' 1"? That isn't a diet, it's an eating disorder! Please don't do this and maybe see a doctor.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    5'10", goal is set at 1680 but it's usually 1800-2200 when you take exercise calories into consideration.
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1, i eat about 1400 cals a day... work out twice a day morning, and evening
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    5'4", 1350ish on average, varies a lot, though.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    1790 on a no-workout day, if I work out hard I might get up to 2500 or so.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm 5'1 too ! and i try to eat under 1,000 calories too :D
    And your goal is to reach 76 pounds at 5' 1"? That isn't a diet, it's an eating disorder! Please don't do this and maybe see a doctor.

Oh my gosh. I wish people like that could be banned from MFP.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm five-seven and 42 years old. I am currently attempting to net 1200 calories after exercising. I've gotten at least 30 minutes of exercise all but 10 days this year. I'm often eating 1600-2000 calories but even though I try to next 1130-1200 calories, some days I don't quite make it all the way up to my net.

I've been trying to rectify this by planning out the rest of my food for the day before hitting the gym and then planning my exercise to approach my net. I like to come a little under to account for poor size estimates on my part and poor calorie reporting on labels.