TOPIC: Ready to Rock it! - 12 Week Challenge (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Sorry if you wrote to me and I missed you.

I went back 3 pages on the old thread and wanted to read the whole thing but I'm expected to work sometimes (blah work is overrated), take care of my kid daily (you would think by 4 she could find a job already and start supporting me), and oh yeah, I'm have to run so that I can finish my half marathon in October (what was I thinking when i decided to get healthy.) Sarcasm aside this seems like a great group.

For a challenge for this week, how about making sure you are hitting 30 grams of fiber per day? I know it keeps me regular. :laugh:

Below are the comments I have from the first (or would this be second) weigh in.

Luvinlife58. / Mandy- Nicely done.

AmyByExample/Amy – Nice job maintaining while on vacay. That’s no easy task.

KasandraKristine/ Kasandra – Nice Loss!

Angie (amcjunkin) – Happy Birthday and W2G!

Audrine / Audrey- That’s a great goal. What works for me is putting it with a reminder on my blackberry calendar.

jgunn81 / Jeremy- No worries! I’m sure you’ll turn it around this week.

rainas25/Raina- Next week will likely see that water weight come back off. Just keep working at it.

amcnulty09 / Amanda- Good luck with 30 DS. Make sure to take measurements because you are going to lose inches!

Mary/Mom2four- Nice job!

darzinger/Diana- W2G on sticking with your water goal.

Cuddlebug12/Pam- Good job staying on track while making room for some celebration!

NavyKnightAh13/Angela- Hope your son is feeling better! YAY for the 90%!

thurberj/Jody- I say it’s a victory too!

grahamckas88 / Chantelle- Sometimes thanks just don’t work out but don’t worry, stay strong and next week will be better.

Jenniprr/ Jenn- If you haven’t weight trained before your muscles are likely retaining fluid and a little swollen from 30 DS
    especially if you are doing it everyday. It comes off around day 15.

bcdpearce/Breanda- Well wishes for your dad and congrats on the -1 lbs.

Munny_P/ Mary- I hate the TOM bloat. I don’t get my “friend” any longer because of an IUD but I still bloat every 4 weeks like clockwork.

Ginaquinn2/Gina- Nice loss! I have in the past stayed around the same 10 lbs between 135 – 145 but I am consistently losing now, just small amounts at a time. I have to be very vigilant but at the same time not stress out too much.

Phoenix3050 / Megan- Way to go on measuring!

Dmolnaraz/Debi- Excited to see the measurements next week!

TryingAgainIn2012 / Cyndi- Saturdays are hard for me ALWAYS. The times I succeed are when I make a plan and stick with it. It also helps if I’m not travelling or socializing. But I have to have fun too!

kvonjohn/ Kristie- Maybe try to shake things up and zigzag your calories. Sounds like your body has become efficient.

AmandaWarnerz1/Amanda- you can do it!
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that wonderful news. Have a great week everybody. :flowerforyou:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options

For a challenge for this week, how about making sure you are hitting 30 grams of fiber per day? I know it keeps me regular. :laugh:

kcthatsme will assign one or two of this weeks biggest losers to select the challenges for the week when she puts up the chart. Although, to be honest, I for one can use more fiber in my diet most days! LOL
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Week11-2.jpg
    Week12-3.jpg
    Week13-2.jpg
    Week14-1.jpg
    Week15-2.jpg

Congrats to all of this week's winners!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to the biggest, overall, losers... Shamrockit and Ladytinkerbell99!!

Shamrockit & Ladytinkerbell99 - Would you each please give us a challenge for this week? Thanks!

Because of the SIZE of our chart, please do not quote this post!!!

Kristen

P.S. Please remember, if your weigh in isn't on our thread by noon PST (on Monday), your info isn't included on that week's chart. You can always weigh in on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday also. :-)
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Sorry to post late. Kinda confused with where I stood with the time difference and I've been stuck at work! Please can my weigh in count?

07/02: 193
    07/09: 192
    10/01: <<<173>>>

Thinking that my 'goal' weight is slightly ambitious! Have been doing all the right things and my body shape is definitely changing but the scale didn't change as much as I expected. Hey ho

I've got your weigh in. Thanks! About your goal... I'd give it a few weeks, to decide. You will be able to judge better then. :-)

Kristen
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow this is great thanks for all your hard work!!
  • kcthatsme
    Options

kcthatsme will assign one or two of this weeks biggest losers to select the challenges for the week when she puts up the chart. Although, to be honest, I for one can use more fiber in my diet most days! LOL

May I get my fiber from carrot cake? :wink:
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :noway:

no more slip ups for me...i must defend my title, lol
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    :noway:

no more slip ups for me...i must defend my title, lol

That's right! :happy:
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Ok, I think I need a new scale. I usually weigh twice everyday just to see fluctuations. Well, I got on on I was 301. That can't be right so I tried resetting it. I used a 10lb bag and the scale was right. I got back on 262...lol. Then the next one 272 then finally 311. I replaced the batteries so not sure why it is acting funny.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm busy working on our chart but I just had to write that WE LOST 93.3 lbs as a group this week!!! Great going!!!

Kristen

WOW! WTG to all the great losers this week...that is fantastic! Very motivating!

Kristen, the chart looks terrific! Thanks for doing this again, I think it makes a huge difference in all our weight loss efforts...I know it does mine. It keeps me interested and it feels like I am having fun instead of some chore I don't like.

Cheers everyone, Carole

ETA for spelling!
  • dmolnaraz
    dmolnaraz Posts: 127 Member
    Options

oooo carrot cake. I have a friend that makes the most wonderful carrot cake. We make her bring it to all parties. I had to stay outside at the last one so I won''t be tempted. I couldn't even kid myself with the 'carrots are vegetables' argument. I grew up with that one. My dad is the best at rationalizing pumpkin pie for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.:tongue:
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    is it too late total forgot and then i posted in another thread i got throwed off

Name/ real name: MsBrwnSugga/Kedia

Current Weight: 235.6 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 214 lbs

07/02: 235.6 lbs
    07/09: 235.6 lbs
    07/16:
    07/23:
    08/06: <<<228.6 lbs>>>
    08/13:
    08/20:
    08/27:
    09/03: <<<221.6 lbs>>>
    09/10:
    09/17:
    09/24:
    10/01: <<<214 lbs>>>
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB TO THE BIGGEST LOSERS! Great inspiration to kick my butt this week...a little

maybe i wont eat that skinnycow ice cream sandwich....butttt it says skinny so as i eat it ill think skinny thoughts
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options

oooo carrot cake. I have a friend that makes the most wonderful carrot cake. We make her bring it to all parties. I had to stay outside at the last one so I won''t be tempted. I couldn't even kid myself with the 'carrots are vegetables' argument. I grew up with that one. My dad is the best at rationalizing pumpkin pie for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.:tongue:

Only if I can get mine from potato chips! (potatos are vegetables, right?). Can't be any worse than pizza being classed as a vegetable! LOL
  • rainas25
    rainas25 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Thanks again Kristin for all you do. Motivated to have a much better week this week!!
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to the biggest losers. You are all amazing and will keep the rest of us in line this week.
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of the biggest losers! Love, love, love being a part of this challenge.

Today was a tough day for various reasons. Fought against emotional eating, stayed under calorie goal, and completed I-Fit workout with Jillian Michaels yelling at me from my treadmill. LOL

I want to continue to see a loss each week. This is so much fun!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Kristen - WoW! You are amazing! Another fabulous chart. Thank you for all you put into this group :0)

So, after reading all the posts, I decided I needed to get my booty moving! (@bcdpearce - I had to laugh about the TOM convention - my ticket arrived this afternoon! I had this happen with college roommates - but with an online group...LOL)

So, I digress - I was moving my booty, I believe - so I went for a walk at lunch @ work today, then 30 day shred before dinner... and my C25K app in the evening.

I apologize for the length of this upcoming post (I can't always do this, so I found some time tonight & thought I'd take advantage of it)...

To all the peeps who lost, triumphed over 4th of July parties & picnics - Congratulations!!! :(GMBrad, Cathyl3, cuddlebug12, ladytinkerbell, ksraider, kraz4fun, cmm7303, redbird99, vmahurin, adm88, rosiebug, darzinger, shamrockit, sweetiemimila, delondal, malsponseller, jknottage, milismalley, sallycc, poggy18, kasandrakristine, amcjunkin, mekosimba, salingsal, sharifan, jscjen, mandmommy3, mnomics, kathpearce, amazon75, 25danlow, tatyanne, tarnold2012, wallvr, dymondiva, 7bel0, maxylicious (and some below)... I'm talking to you!! THANK YOU for being so inspiring & showing that despite the temptations & crazy schedules.... it CAN be done!!!

"inch takers" - who are going to check their inches @ mini-goal time - great idea!

ALICIALUCAS - sorry you had a bad week! Love that C25K program! (it's my 2nd go at it since an ankle injury sidelined my last attempt).... We will be victorious!

ROCKYMTNJHAWK - prayers for your DD, condolences on the loss of your friend. I'm with you on the workload - it is tough! Hope all goes well tomorrow & that things head in a better direction here forward

BCDPEARCE - so glad your dad is home - great job this week!

LUVINLIFE58 - Mindy - you killed it! Good luck in Vegas!

BLLOUDY - welcome (back) to onederland!

CRYSTAL - Fantastic job girlie!! 90 pounds gone! Do you know how incredible that is!?

30BEFORE40 - great goals for this week!

DTERMINED - so this was not your week... but ... you are here, logging in where many have turned tail & given up. Yay for you for moving forward toward your goals!!

SHIRLEY - hope being back from vacation will help you get your focus back. It's so tricky when our schedule gets all goofed up & our "go to" safe food/exercise routines are not accessible

VIVIAN - hope the binges & sleep disruption stay left in last week :)

JEWCEYBABE - sounds like a tough week - but given your amazing track record, I know you've got this!!

SRPM - good work making better sushi choices!

PURPLE COOKIE sorry to hear your scale has lost it's mind! I had that happen & bought a new one at Target. I coudn't take the inconsistent numbers anymore.

TRIMFORMECMB - you are more than halfway to your goal! Great work!

AUDRINE - love your goal to get back to the gym!

JGUNN81 - not the best week, but sounds like you have regrouped & are moving forward toward Biggest Loser status!

GINAQUINN2, CAROLEMACK & KVONJOHN - for plateaus, I have upped my cardio - tried a completely new workout routine, tried to stick with "whole grain" choices for my carb intake & upped protein. Hope you can all bust thru these very frustrating numbers - keep on putting in the work, and the results will follow! you've got this!

THINMEFAST - I've had the same thing happen for weigh ins. Last challenge, I swear Monday AM was my highest weight of the entire week every time!

RAINAS25 - cheering you on for your quick bounce back!

REALLYALLY1 - hope that the return to the gym gets you the results you are looking for!

(TO BE CONTINUED - I have a bad habit of hitting some keys accidentally & wiping out entire posts - I think I would lose it if that happened!).....

Hugs, Amy
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So my husband didn't get home until after 7 tonight and of course by then I'm tired from the day and just not in the mood to go to the gym anymore, especially when I don't have a gym buddy to motivate me and keep me accountable. But luckily for me, I found a whole bunch of inspirational phrases in the forums this morning (my profile pic is one of them) and my former gym buddy is just a few hours North of me in Fort Sill so with her help, I talked myself into going to the gym because the only person I'm punishing by not going is myself. Nothing is going to change unless I MAKE it change. So I did W5 D2 of C25K today and did two separate 8 minute jogs and I feel damn good about it. Now I just fear the TWENTY MINUTE jog the program wants me to do on Wednesday. EEP! But I am strong and I will power through.