What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options
ramgi
ramgi Posts: 196 Member
Hi all,

What gave you the confidence to post a pic of yourself on a website for the world to see? I don't think I could do that. I'm from a small place where everyone is always in your business. Why don't you care who sees that you're on mfp? I'm curious!

Ramgi

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Because I am great, and I think my friends deserve to see my greatness.:bigsmile:
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I couldn't careless who happens to find me on here :-)
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't mind that people see me because I am making a positive change by trying to get healthy. My mom and sister are on MFP too and my mom has her photo up as well. I think it is best to have one so that people with a similar body type or similar goals can reach out and feel like they are getting support froom someone like them...not just a little blue and white, system generated avatar.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I could careless who happens to find me on here :-)

200% AGREE!
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If people judge me for wanting to lose weight then they have some serious issues they need to sort out, and I shouldn't be concerned with them in the first place!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people see I am on here...why would I mind? Its not a cross dressing dog fetish site is it?
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people see I am on here...why would I mind? Its not a cross dressing dog fetish site is it?

Isn't it?
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I really don't have anything to hide. Also, I think it helps form more personal relationships with the people I connect with.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I really don't have anything to hide. Also, I think it helps form more personal relationships with the people I connect with.

^ this
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    If people judge me for wanting to lose weight then they have some serious issues they need to sort out, and I shouldn't be concerned with them in the first place!

So true. Why be embarrassed about living healthy? I promise you that anyone who is healthy and in shape or trying to get in shape themselves would see you on MFP and give you a pat on the back and say "awesome!" that you were here. The only ones that would judge you harshly are the ones that should be here, wish they could be you, but lack the will power to change.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I workout! .......... im sechsay and I know it ....... WIGGLE WIGGLE ... errrrrrrr yeah cause no1 likes people without a picture lol
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    So people can see my awesome pole skills
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I post a profile pic of myself everyday when I go outside and walk around!

Also, confidence? It doesn't take much confidence. People are people, and people come in all shapes and sizes.

Plus, profile pics make it easier to interact. How would you like to have a friend whose face you never see? Same principle here on MFP.

Post your pic, don't be shy. =)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm from one of those places too. But I am fabulous! Just kidding. I do it because it's nothing to be ashamed of. Living a life of being fat is more shaming than taking a positive step in the right direction. I have actually gotten some of my friends onto here.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I personally do not really like having people on my list without pics only because I want to be able to help, hiding who you are is hiding too much when you are on here trying to get support. If you cannot let people in, then there is no sense in having friend on here or caring what we think, but that could just be my opinion.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Oh, why wouldn't I want to see me smiling back at myself right next to my calorie goal and progress meter =)

Nothing I put on this site is stuff I'm ashamed of or trying to hide.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I think it is very impersonal NOT to post a picture of yourself. My profile picture currently isn't me, but if you are my friend and go to my profile you can see pictures of me. I like to see what other's look like and It makes my recognition of them and their comments more personal.

If you choose not to that is your business, but thanks for being curious and asking!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.

Same for me....and also, why not? I like being able to put a name to a face so to speak so I like seeing what people look like even if I'm never going to meet them.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options

Isn't it?

well....not officially......have you seen the hot looking spaniel pics?