What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Because I am great, and I think my friends deserve to see my greatness.:bigsmile:

You have a cat as your profile picture. Are you a cat?
  • veggie2vegan
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I couldn't careless who happens to find me on here :-)

^ couldn't agree more!!
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    People know I am on here, I talk about Myfitnesspal on my FB page I don't have nothing to hide & I don't care who knows I am on here. Im on here to better myself for myself & if people don't like it who cares
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I have a picture to hold myself accountable. I can see in my profile pic how big I am - and thats after 2 stone lost! So every time i look at it, it spurs me to keep going.

And i think its nicer to put a name to a face.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to change my profile picture from a cartoon character to an actual image of me.

A big part of the delay was due to the fact that even though I had lost weight, I still felt like a "fat" person who was not at all attractive enough to post a real picture.

I decided to post a picture when I tried on my last pair of "fat" pants after losing a significant amount of weight. There was almost enough room in my old pants for two of my new self! This change gave me the courage to post my picture.

Excellent job! I can't wait to post a pic like that of myself! Way to go!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding:-) Have you encountered any bashing since you posted your pics?
    People have said my waffle made them hungry, but no one has commented on my actual photos. No bashing at all. Just drool like sweet maple syrup.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    no one will ever recognize me.
    i live in a small town. i really doubt anyone from my town would sign up and just 'happen' to see my picture and be like oH I KNOW HER.. and if they do, so what?
    you gotta realize the world doesn't revolve around you, and most people do not care.

yea i'm losing weight. i even have body pics! /shock! /awe!

its not a big deal.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding:-) Have you encountered any bashing since you posted your pics?

why would someone bash me....unless I asked of course...

seriously, I am going to change my picture again just to show my face as a result of this thread, I put the current one up for progress..I am not ashamed of what I look like, and its the face I poke out the door every morning to greet the world with, the same face that I take out with me just about everywhere.....
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Cause i'm a stone cold fox. And all the ladies want to pet my ferret.
  • nenabug
    nenabug Posts: 156
    Options
    I don't have anything to hide and am not embarrassed that its been a struggle to change. I found out that putting myself out there garnered some really supportive friends here on MFP and has helped me tremendously. Changing permanently isn't easy, and those who want to judge me can do so on their time. I don't really care anymore. Put up a picture - you're just as important as the rest of us. Don't let the negative voices drown out ALL the good in you.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    No shame in showing my face on this supportive website :-). Maybe the beer bash pictures can be left off MFP, though.. haha
  • BROscience_PHD
    BROscience_PHD Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Because I am great, and I think my friends deserve to see my greatness.:bigsmile:
    That plus Through my awesomeness, friends find meaning, and prupose in life.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people see I am on here...why would I mind? Its not a cross dressing dog fetish site is it?

Isn't it?

well....not officially......have you seen the hot looking spaniel pics?

Pound Puppies?
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Why are you so afraid of people finding out? Since when is losing weight a shameful thing?
  • maverick_76
    Options
    Cause like pretty much everyone else said, its cool that you might actually see someone on here that you might know.
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people see I am on here...why would I mind? Its not a cross dressing dog fetish site is it?

Isn't it?

lol! We've been lied to.

Also with things like Facebook, our likenesses are out there in the internet world anyway. I'm also utterly unashamed of myself, so that helps :)
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Because as you might imagine, I'm pretty excited about my new hair color.

No, I'm with you--I probably wouldn't post a profile pic of my face. I prefer to try to keep some semblance of privacy and anonymity so I can reply to sensitive subjects--just in case. But I also understand why someone might do the opposite--I think it depends on what kinds of info you share and who you perceive the audience to be.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of my progress and it's just a bathing suit, you know?
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I took a photo that I actually thought was realitively ok.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share my awesomeness.