Got a slow cooker! Throw your best ideas/recipes at me! :)

Options

Replies

• poohbear1971
    Options
    bump
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    whole chicken splash of wine pepper some herbs all the vegetables you can fit turn it on low and dinner will be done when you get home. (I work too many hours so I have my crock pot on a timer)
  • stumpycow
    stumpycow Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ooh i love my crockpot. bumping this for later yum!
  • tsaarloos
    tsaarloos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Last night I did a tri- tip roast: Season w/your favorite seasoning ( I used garlic, salt & pepper) a splash of worechestershire sauce, drizzle olive oil (or not) and 1/2 cup of water. 7-8 hours on low, or 4-5 on high. A whole chicken is awesome, fall off the bone and juicy and you can put almost anything in, in the morning frozen and cook all day. LOVE my crockpot.
  • Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
    I love my slow cooker!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting a slow cooker so this is really useful, thanks.
    However, a friend of mine says she can always tell if something's been cooked in her mother's slow cooker though - she says it gives it a certain "flavour" (her mother is fastidious so it won't be a cleanliness issue) anyone else had this experience?

Someone who works with me says the same thing
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    BUMP - I need to use my slow cooker more often! These recipes sound fabulous!
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bump for later :) good stuff in here
  • cori314
    cori314 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump
    All the recipes sound so yummy!!!!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    skinless/boneless chicken
    kidney beans or black-eye - your choice
    jar of salsa
    fajita or taco seasoning

Put it all in the slow cooker leave on high 4hrs or low 7-8hrs. Then put in light philadelphia leave to melt for about 10-15mins then mix around and shred chicken a bit. Great in wraps, lettuce wraps, over rice, with salad - up to you!

This looks yummy, marking it to make later in the week :)

Hello I put my in with a 1/2 cup of coca cola regular and put 4 caps of bbq sauce and put in on low for 8 hours the juice of the pork will be enough and I take it out or you don't have to but I don't like it really wet and I shred it its awesome I eat it by my self but my kids like it with 100 cal bun
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    Does anyone have any pork loin crockpot recipes?

ok so I messed up but look up that's my recipe lol sorry
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    LOVE my slow cooker. never noticed any taste issues.

I make green beans, potatoes and smoked sausage in mine often. Just get as much of those three ingredients that you want. toss them in and cook until the potatoes are done. I am a night shifter so I put them on when I get home in the morning and dinner is served when I wake up lol I make way more than I need of this because I take the left overs to work.here is how the break down typically is.

1lb smoked sausage (skinless, turkery or whatever you prefer)
    4-5 cans green beans
    3 peeled and sliced potatoes

throw it together and cook till the potatoes are done!
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting a slow cooker so this is really useful, thanks.
    However, a friend of mine says she can always tell if something's been cooked in her mother's slow cooker though - she says it gives it a certain "flavour" (her mother is fastidious so it won't be a cleanliness issue) anyone else had this experience?

Someone who works with me says the same thing

I think the SAME thing. The foods still good, but it always tastes like the crockpot
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    Options
    BUMP =)
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This recipe is the bees knees! It's a chicken and sweet potato casserole with white wine and wholegrain mustard.

It's not made for the slow cooker, but I've made it plenty of times before by just chucking everything in, then adding the cream towards the end. Soooooo delish!

337 cals per serve (serves 4) when I cook it :)

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/14550/chicken+and+sweet+potato+casserole
  • Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump