Pet names for your pet?

Options

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    My corgi/beagle's name is George (as in King George - we adopted him and his sister, Ellie - or Queen Elizabeth - from the local shelter). I call George "Jer" or "Jerber"... he's learned to answer to just "Jer!" pretty well. I shortened it because I had a bad cold one time and felt so lazy I didn't want to say his whole name. :P

I call Ellie "Eleanor" when she barks too much even though that's not really her name :P

And when they're both bad, I call them "the little @ssholes".
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Our chihuahua's name is Jose-Jalapeno. He's our shelter dog...a-hem, I mean "child'.

I call him "Hose"-Man & my hubby calls him Bone-head :noway: My mom calls him "Pain in the Butt" or "Hose-B" (instead of Jose).

My friend sings the Star-Spangled Banner when she sees him "Jose, can you see, by the dawn's...."

It's really funnier in person....sorry! :grumble: :grumble:

!! We have a cactus we named Hose-B! It's short for "Hoes B Trippin" ... :laugh:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Bailey the kitten: either Bay Bay, Baby kit kit or Bailey Button
    Oreo the dog: Orzo or the Wonderdog
    Callie the cat: either Callie monster or pretty kitty
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old Shih tzu "Libby"

We call her Libs
    Lib Lib
    doodle bug
    doo doo
    doo doo butt (I know, gross)
    schmoopey
    Liberty
    Dibby doo
    Libby Marie (when she's in trouble) LOL

which, she's so cute, she's rarely in trouble :)
  • mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 97
    Options
    My puppy's name is MISS MOLLY POLLY PUFFY PANTS.
    But for short I just call her Miss Molly.
  • golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    Roscoe and Lucy are my Rat Terriers.
    Lucy is known as
    Roose
    Lucy Goosey
    Luce McGoose
    Luce the Goose

Rosco is usally referred to as "Rosky"

Stupid little names, but their ears definitely perk up when they hear their silly nicknames.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    2 cats:

Devin (male)...I call him Dev, Dev-Dev, and Mr. Pissy or Mr. Piss-Piss (because he often is).

Abby (female)...Abby-Girl, Ab-Girl, Abs, Silly Girl.
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    My siamese cat's name was Briscoe as a kitten (named after Law & Order's Lenny Briscoe) . But it morphed into Brisky-Pants. To Mr. Brisky Pants. To Mr. Pants. Down to Pants.

My cat's name is Pants. It's confusing at the vet office. I keep his name Briscoe for the papers, but my significant other started him a "Pants" vet record too. And I had to go fix that =)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Oh, and when they go in the house accidentally, my hubby refers them as "*kitten*" or "stupid cat"...what can you do... :grumble:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Our dog was Roxie, but she also answered to "Jack@ss"
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My kitty's name is Sarek, but he has a million nicknames. Sar-bear, Boo, Poopy, Butt-cat, Mischief...
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

And when they're both bad, I call them "the little @ssholes".

LOL!

His name is Teague. Pronounced like League with a T. I call him Teaguesey, Teaguester, Teagues, Baby, Sugar, Sugar Pie, Boo Boo.

OR

Bad BOY! You little @ss!!!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Cat 1: Officially "Charger" a.k.a. "Hard Charger" (because he is), "Charger Boo," and "Charger Baby." (He's the youngest of our boys, he was about 9 months when we found him.)

Cat 2: Officially "L'Hopital" (yes, I'm a nerd) a.k.a. "Lope," "Prancy-Pants" (because he prances around the apartment), "Lope-potamus" (as in hippopotamus), "Demoncat," and "Destructocat." (He's sweet, but *hyper*.)

Cat 3: Officially "Fluffy" (we didn't name him, we're trying to come up with something better that suites him), a.k.a. "Fluffster," and "Funkmaster-Fluff."

* Note, cats are listed in the order in which they moved in with us.
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    Options
    My puppy's name is MISS MOLLY POLLY PUFFY PANTS.
    But for short I just call her Miss Molly.

Haha! My ball pyhton's name is Molly. I call her Molly Polly Poopoo Pants. I have no idea why. Well, her poops do stink =)
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have a Great Pyrenees named Jethro. 110 pounds of pure neurosis. My granddaughter calls him Jeffo. I call him:
    Jeffo
    Jeffie
    Buuuudy (Hey Buuuuudy!)
    Lunk head
    Lunkus
    and Lunky

Aftertherace.jpg
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Bwahaha and I thought I was the only weirdo for calling my dog 'monkey'! :D

<---- His name is Riley, his nicknames are: Ri-Ri, Jelly bellies, chunky butts, chunky monkeys, riles, 'my love' :)
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Montoya was her original name which evolved to Monty, and finally Monkey. Also:

Montoyita
    Monita
    Monty Monty
    Monchichi
    Monkey in the Middle (when she cuddles between us in bed)
    Perrita
    Dirty Hairy
    The Vacuum
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    My dog's name is Jake but we call him:
    Fred - Official second name
    Brotha - "Let's hit the road brotha" when its time to go for a ride in the Jeep
    Safety Dowg - He stands waaay back if you're working on something that makes the smallest noise
    Lovey - Cuz he's so damn snuggly and my greeting when I get home from work
    Lucky Dowg - cuz he's sooo spoiled
    Jakey
    Sniffer - He's always sniffin the air for something

We only use "Jake" when he NEEDS to pay attention for example, "Jake come"

Jake2.jpg
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I have a Great Pyrenees named Jethro. 110 pounds of pure neurosis. My granddaughter calls him Jeffo. I call him:
    Jeffo
    Jeffie
    Buuuudy (Hey Buuuuudy!)
    Lunk head
    Lunkus

Aftertherace.jpg

I have two Great Pyrenees, as well - Geronimo & Shorty. They are "working" dogs (or at least supposed to be). Geronimo still keep trying to convince me at 120lbs, he's a lap dog. He's a nuzzler.

And since I'm on the subject, I have a chow, two rat terriers, shephard-mix along with Jose & the Pyrenees. :noway: :noway: :noway:

Oh, and 4 bottle-fed goat kids. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Well my snake is named Drako, but I usually call him Snakey when I am playing with him.
    The goldfish don't have names of their own, but they are all called fishy (Fishy, *tap, tap, tap* why are you sleeping - I love Finding Nemo).