"I'm sorry, your spouse is going to die...

Options
ThePhoenixRose
ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
...within the next week. You may want to start making preparations." What do you do when the Dr. tells you this?

Replies

• MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    wow people. sad!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Please say this is not a serious thread?
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'd be devastated. My husband is my best friend. I would take time off work and spend every moment possible with him making memories and just be together.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what I would do.
  • Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options

agreed...
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Wait on her hand and foot trying to meet every want she has.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Edit i would have NEVER have left you!!! Sorry this happened to you!!!!
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Get a second opinion, since I'm not married.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Options

This is serious. To a degree. I posted in the chit-chat section because it didn't pertain to anything weight-related.

I'm curious as to if anyone else would handle it the way my husband did when they told him this news. 3.5 years ago. Clearly, i did not die. They were wrong.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd be crushed, but keep it inside so he could get the full deal of what's left. I'd put myself into debt for anything he wanted.

Edited to add: I'm glad that you didn't die!
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    what did he do??
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Rejoice
  • katrina1501
    katrina1501 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    well real or not its not something to joke about

you go through something like that and then laugh about it

sorry but i dont find this funny at all
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I actually have given this some thought. I would want to be strong because obviously miracles do happen but I fear I would fall apart. I guess honesty is better than naivety.
  • Dedee36
    Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would be completely 100% heart broken. I wouldn't leave his side for anything. I would spend every moment with him and want our family to gather round and just enjoy each other.

SO, then tell us what did your husband do?
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I would settle into a depression so deep I would never return. I likely wouldn't eat, sleep, or let him out of my sight..... My guy is my best friend, and has been for over half my life...i've never been with anyone else and I'm totally happy with that....I just hope I never hear those words, the ambulance trip on xmas eve with him shook me badly enough
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Options
    well real or not its not something to joke about

you go through something like that and then laugh about it

sorry but i dont find this funny at all

When you've been through it, you can judge me for this. K? thanks.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I do not know what I would do. But I like to be able to let him go with all my love, my respect and my appreciation for being the most wonderful person I have ever been blessed to be a part of. I cannot type this without wiping a tear.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I would settle into a depression so deep I would never return. I likely wouldn't eat, sleep, or let him out of my sight..... My guy is my best friend, and has been for over half my life...i've never been with anyone else and I'm totally happy with that....I just hope I never hear those words, the ambulance trip on xmas eve with him shook me badly enough

I'm so sorry you had to have that scare! Hope things are looking up for him now!!
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am glad that the doctors were wrong! and I am curious how your husband reacted that you are asking the question.

When my father was told he was going to die, we moved in to the hospice to spend as much time as we could with him and make sure that he was comfortable. It was rough, but the staff didn't mind having extra people around. I think they were used to it. He had been ill for a while. We weren't expecting a different outcome.