How do you people stay at 1200 a day??

Options

Replies

• surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Have more Fiber, eliminate all sugars, drink Lemon Water - lots of it, be honest about your workouts. No cheating!
    :-)
  • thinnnnnnner
    Options
    If you are having trouble sleeping at night try taking a Tylonol PM or Advil PM. That helps me fall asleep and stay asleep until morning!!! Good luck to you!

Bad idea. Try Melatonin instead. All natural. No side effects.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot ! i eat as clean as possible and i eat 6 times a day
    sometimes more if im hungry. processed foods will kill your calorie
    count i try and never have more that 20% unclean.
    open your diary so we an help you
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If your target calories set by the site is 1700, eat 1700. If you are not losing weight try lowering it to 1500 or exercise more. You need to feel good whilst on this journey to maintain it - starving yourself on a 1200 cal diet is not going to be sustainable. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • themadisons513
    Options
    I have a lot to lose myself and I eat all day. feel free to see what i eat :) friend me!
  • donnaferrao
    Options
    I think the trick is to eat high fiber foods (fruits/veggies) that fill you up and stay away from Restaurant foods.
  • jbiancad
    jbiancad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If I can stay away from chocolate or any sweets really my calorie count stays under 1200 easy. I have a huge sweet tooth, dont care much for actual meals
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day is dangerous.. especially for those classified as obese. Plug your numbers into the BMR calculator- THAT is what you should be eating, AT MINIMUM, to survive. As in, if you were doing nothing else but laying in bed all day, you would need that number just to live (exercise is what would create the deficit for losing weight). I tried doing 1200 cals because, like everyone else, I wanted to lose as much as possible, as fast as possible.. the only thing I was losing was MY HAIR, and my MIND from being hungry all the time. I found a forum post here on the "Olivia Method" and adjusted my calories to that. My BMR is 1450, I now eat 1500- 1550 and busted through my plateau, and the increase in calories equated to a whole 'nother meal, which meant I wasn't HUNGRY anymore. I get to eat more AND lose weight? Yes, please & thank you. :)
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I pretty much hit 1200 everyday and I have three meals and three snacks a day...I have oatmeal for breakfast with a 90 cal yogurt usually and then for snack I will have some fruit, or a granola bar or those rice cakes, for lunch its either a turkey sandwich on wheat or a lean cuisine and then for dinner i will have 4oz of chicken and some veggies. If I have something different I portion out everything!!! I hope this helps a little!!!
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    I mostly eat fruit, veg and salad and you can eat a lot of that and not go over! Or rice and pasta that doesnt have too many calories
  • itsmeas
    itsmeas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1300 cals and I agree with many others here - I figured out fairly quickly how to stay within that goal even though I gotta admit that I don't always stick to it... at times I'm 100, 200 or even 300 cals over but I do not stress myself out about it too much - when I'm hungry I eat. I refuse to go into starving mode.

I usually have one big meal a day, like a portion of spaghetti with a small salad or lunch at university and then in the evenings when I get hungry again it's veggies or the like. In the morning I just eat some cereal or a slice of toast - I usually wake up late so I'll have lunch soon anyways and that's usually what fills me for the day. I hardly ever have sweets or candy anymore though. You just learn how to stay within your limit and make the right choices. And if I do have a treat then I just know that I'll have to cut back on dinner. Simple as that. Most of the times it makes me not want the treat anymore anyways so that's good haha.

It's all about thinking forward and calculating. But at the same time one shouldn't stress about it too much and just listen to the body and what it wants and needs.
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot and stay right at or right under 1200 a day. If you garbage processed food you will be starving.

Eat real food and you won't be hungry at all. Plus, I have to drink like 6 bottles of water a day not counting the coffee and hot tea. A lot of the times I'm thirsty but not hungry. The first two weeks I was hungry because I truly didn't know what to eat and was afraid of making a mistake.

You can add me if you want and look at my diary.
  • msbonniemarie
    msbonniemarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im having a hard time meeting my cals which is like 1285 ish? and on days that I workout its even harder so I end up having to shove down a meal before bed when Im not really hungry. I just need to learn to eat closer together,

I eat what I want in smaller portions... I had sloppy joes for dinner tonight... I just ate it open faced, and I had broccoli instead of french fries... though look at my end of night count I could have had the fries.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You exercise and eat your exercise calories. I'm at 1300 base but I burn at least 300 calories per day so that's extra food right there.
  • kashlen
    kashlen Posts: 16
    Options
    I probably have some sort of eating disorder. When I feel hungry I feel happy because I feel like I can imagine fat burning off. lol.
  • candy2247
    Options
    1200 is not enough for me. I am currently still over 300 lbs. If I want to lose 2 lbs a week I need to eat about 1660 calories a day. I have been right around 1600-1700 calories a day. You can eat what you want as long as it fits in your calories. I had 2 slices of pizza today....not 4-6 slices. I have cut out soda and other calorie/sugar drinks. Mio water flavor is my best friend right now. I have been making it to the gym regularly but not killing myself. 20-35 minute workouts to start.

I always used to start the diet process too hard. I would go the gym too much. By the time a few weeks went by I was burnt out. So this time is different. I am walking and I even did a little zumba the other day and just moving more. Even if it means cleaning a little extra at my house for the sake of moving my body. I eat fruits and veggies and lowfat dairy. I also eat normal food and my portions are still a little too big but I am working on it. I havent binged in over a week. This is feeling great.

So my point is....do not just eat 1200 cals at your weight....you actually need more to start. As you get smaller and smaller the less calories you will need and you body will be adjusting slowly with you. You wont be able to eat as much.

Think about it as each morning you are depositing 1700 calories in the bank. You dont have to spend it all but you should spend most of it.
  • knotsandloops845
    knotsandloops845 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    High fiber meals and lots of water. Some sort of exercise is also important. I find if I keep myself occuped I don't think abt food. When I do drink water before I eat anything, that helps to curb my appetite and not make bad choices. Right now I'm on a clean diet and it has eliminated all the stuff I would love to be eating! I'm doing it for 30 days as a challenge to myself, I'm curious if I'll even want half the stuff I used o eat by the end of it.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    It's been really hard for me to stay within my calories...but I realized the secret. Every time you feel hungry, drink 2 bottles of water and wait about 20 minutes...not only does the hunger go away, you feel full and hydrated! I have already lost 2 lbs in less than a week, stayed under my calories and my skin is becoming healthier from all the extra water!

I suggest trying small snacks, I love celery, bananas and 90 calorie granola bars.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I personally wasn't eating because I was hungry before. I was eating because I could and boy did I eat. Everything. Even when I was stuffed, I had to eat because there was still food around. A serving size? Try the whole bag of chips. Now that I started putting the healthy stuff in my body, I find that I have a different relationship with food. I can do 1200 calories most days quite easily. I also drink as much water as I can everyday! I had about 12 or 14 glasses today. Yes, sometimes I'm not so full when I go to bed but I'm not starving either. It's what works for me!
  • deedee303z
    Options
    I eat 3 meals and usually a couple of snacks (at least during the week--weekends tend to get crazy). Depends on what you eat--usually, I'm not hungry. However I tend to eat very filling foods and fill the corners with fresh fruit and veggies, hot soup, granola bars, etc. which have relatively few calories. I also drink a lot of water and hot tea. I average around 1200 cal a day--some days more, some less. I don't eat when I'm not hungry and I try to make certain my portions are reasonable (not serving equal portions to my 5'5" self and my 6 ft. husband--making that change made a HUGE difference!).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!