Favorite things to do with an Avocado

Options

Replies

• hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The avocado pasta recipe from ohsheglows.com is really good. I LOVE avocados! I dice one up and put it in tortillas with black beans, corn, salsa, cheese, whatever!
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    Have you ever tried them on a BLT?

I use Turkey Bacon, lettuce, and usually Red, yellow or orange bell peppers (since I hate tomatoes) and then top it all with some thinly sliced avocado. It is absolutely amazing!!
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I eat them plain all the time. Thanks for all the ideas! :smile:
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Borrowed from another user; can't get enough of this stuff!
    Grilled Chicken Avocado Salad.
    First, we grilled chicken breast chunks using the rosemary bush from our back yard as skewers (strip the leaves and VOILA!)
    Let chicken cool (we grilled the day before and put it in the refrigerator to use the next day)
    Chop 2 avocados, dice 3-4 roma tomatoes, 1 fresh jalapeno (deseeded), 1/4 of a white onion - put in a bowl with the chicken
    Add the juice of one lime and sea salt (or regular salt) to taste
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bumpity
  • reederx5
    reederx5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I make my own version of Jimmy Johns Unwich. I take two pieces of iceberg lettuce, slice up some cucumbers, add a slice of turkey, add one slice of provolone cheese and dice up about 1/4 advocado with salt & pepper to taste. Makes a yummy lunch for under 300 calories. Of course you could add tomato or a different meat to change things up. Yumm!
  • Rennae9
    Rennae9 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love avocados! I usually eat them raw. I like to mix a pouch of salmon together with one and eat with crackers also. :heart:
  • amhalterman
    amhalterman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • planetshark
    planetshark Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Avocados ROCK & they can be used in place of butter, mayo etc. in a host of great dishes ... I like mashing mine into chick peas for a healthy sandwich spread / filling - ditto mashing them into boiled eggs for a healthy 'egg salad' ... they are also delicious on their own and are considered to be a super-food! :)
  • planetshark
    planetshark Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great idea - esp. if you use hi fiber/hi protein tortillas :)
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Grilled corn and avocodo salsa, in guacamole and Alton Brown's recipe using avocodo and sardines. Right now I'm putting Trader Joe's reduced guilt chunky guacamole made with greek yogurt (50% less fat and 40% less calories) on everything.
  • anneliseq
    anneliseq Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Avocado is the best!

I mash it up with a little soy sauce and nutritional yeast and use it in sushi... so good!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I love love love avocado! I'll make sure to work it into my calories for the day!

My favorite ways are sliced on grilled chicken breast, on grilled salmon, and with black beans in a tortilla!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    you may already have this recipe but thought I'd add just in case:

raw chocolate pudding:

Ingredients
    1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
    1 banana, peeled and cut into chunks
    1 cup unsweetened soy milk
    1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
    2 tablespoons agave nectar
    1 teaspoon lemon juice1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
    Directions
    Place avocado, banana, soy milk, cocoa powder, agave nectar, lemon juice, and coconut into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Divide into small containers, and store in the refrigerator 1 hour until set.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Slice and eat. Avocado is perfect as it is.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    go to this site: www.skinnytaste.com

She has the most AMAZING egg and avocado salad. It's so good my 3.5 year old asks me multiple times a week to make it!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I pan fry mine until crispy on the outside. or I put a raw egg in one half and bake it. :) YUM
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    GAG AT IT!!!

YUCK!
  • RooChilders
    RooChilders Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I LOVE AVOCADOS!!!!!!! I make homemade guacamole, put them on salad, eat them as a steak side, put them on sandwiches, eat with a little seasoning salt just the way they are. Great in tacos, turkey guac burgers are awesome, I could go on and on!! I always make sure to eat at least one a week!!!