What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I need something new to put on my salad..I usually use Newmans Lite Honey Dijon...but im sooo tired of it..Any ideas? ;)

Marie's full-fat "Super Blue" bleu cheese. Because dietary fat is not the enemy unless you are eating too much of it.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Drew's - Classic Italian Dressing: no sugar!
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms has some amazing dressings that are very low calorie. The basil lime is very good, as is the balsamic.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I make my own - creamy mustard dressing - 1/4 c apple cider vinegar, 1/4 c olive oil and 1/4 c dijon mustard with some splenda thrown in...for sweetness. Delicious.
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Not nearly as delicious as Ken's Honey Balsamic, but 10000x better for me :D
  • belovedsunrise81
    Options
    I like Aldi's Fit and Active Zesty Italian Fat Free dressing. Typically, I don't use "fat free" items because of possible higher grams of sugar but this one has only 15 cals per serving and 2g of sugar!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ken's Light Honey Mustard (can use this w/chicken or on a sandwich instead of mayo) or Ken's Light Sweet Vidalia Onion. Both are yummy. I switch back and forth as I too get tired of one after a while.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    The Italian that you mix yourself. comes with its own container that tells how much oil/vinnegar/water to mix. I swap the vinnegar and oil for more vinnegar, less oil. Healthier and tastes great!

I do the same thing. I use red wine vinegar and olive oil...soo yummy!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've read in a health magazine, that using regular dressings as opposed to lights, you get more of the health benefits from the salad.. not entirely sure whiy, just what I read.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many salad dressings and do not enjoy/cannot stomach any of them. I have found I actually enjoy my salad with some chopped ham & turkey lunchmeat, no dressing, no cheese. The Kraft asiago parmesan dressing tasted like stomach acid in my mouth, it was horrible in my opinion. The only dressing I like is the dressing I put on broccoli salad (no mayo used in my recipe), but even that I don't want on my salad more than twice. If I liked salsa that might be another route, but I don't. Fact is, I just really don't like anything "dripping" off my lettuce unless it's water from washing it.
  • Allison714
    Allison714 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • halarson24
    halarson24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use one tablespoon of pesto thinned with balsamic vinegar. It tastes great! I do want to have some healthy fats on my salad to make sure that I'm absorbing the fat-soluble nutrients that my salads are packed with. Cutting out all fat does cut calories, but you're also missing out on the nutrients. Just make sure to measure your fats and so you can keep things in a reasonable portion.

Hope this helps!

Holly

facebook.com/hollylarsonmsrd
    http://hollylarsonrd.blogspot.com/
    @HollyLarsonRD
  • PoojaNarang
    Options
    Kraft Aged Balsamic or make your own with some Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and add some italian seasoning blend, or thyme, and some lemon juice or squeeze a fresh lemon in. Really satisfying.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a kick with Ken's Steakhouse Asian dressing.. its soy, ginger, and sesame seed. it's also " light" dressing.. it is right now, my ultimate fave!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I use a little bit of olive oil and then lime juice! YUM!!! My favorite salad is baby spinach leaves, tomatos, feta cheese, and a hand full of almonds. Salt and pepper, oil and lime juice and its the best tasting salad ever! :)
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mustard - either honey or dijon and Apple Cider Vinegar. Hardly any cals.

OR
    Try salsa
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use Hummus, you can thin it out with lemon juice or leave it alone. I also use an Organic Raspberry Vinaigrette from Costco (60 Cal. per 2 TBSP.)
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Kraft Fat-Free Catalina Dressing. YUM!!!
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    Maple Grove Farms of Vermont - Sugar Free Balsamic Vinaigrette 2 tbs= 5cals, 90 sodium
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Pomegranate Vinaigrette.