Any single girls feel like this ?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a 30-year-old isn't old enough to be your dad.

Yep, was going to comment on that math but you beat me to it. OP, don't give up . . . it takes time and patience to find the right one. And as others have said, find yourself first before you stress about finding Mr. Right. I personally didn't find myself until I was 25/26, it was soon thereafter that I met my husband.
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am 26, and the idea of "dying" alone is actually starting to appeal to me, and not in a depressing way. I want to get a dog.

you are awesome.

depressing things often appeal to me not in a depressing way.
  • tberend
    tberend Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    men are just the desserts, life is the main course...you don't NEED a man to be happy.

Love this. Well said.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ~Good things come to those who wait~
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and just found my "one". I am glad I waited. More mature and stable to maintain a grown up relationship. He is 8 years older than me and the most wonderful man ever. Or I guess he is old enough to be my grandpa! :noway:

Awesome! I met my second and FINAL husband at 28. He was 35. We'd both made mistakes with our first marriages.

Don't rush it. Don't look. Live your life, and it'll work out. Believe me. When you look too hard, you end up making poor decisions and trying to make something work that just doesn't. I did that with the same *kitten* for over 8 years.

Then I finally stopped living for love or for finding and maintaining it and just lived for myself.

And I found my husband. :)
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    takingnameskickingbutt Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    As many have said, you are super young to be worrying about meeting Mr. Right. I would concentrate on having fun and developing your own self.

Until then, learn to please yourself ... literally.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 now and when I look back at me at 22, I am so changed. I got married at 36 and glad I waited. I knew myself so much better, had guy friends, but no serious boyfriend. Don't give up on guys. Work on yourself and what you have to bring to a relationship. Relationships aren't 50/50 they're 100/100. If you want 100% from your other half, then you make sure you're giving 100% to the relationship too. They're hard work, and I'm still learning stuff about myself that I need to work on. But I'm glad I waited a while. (you don't have to wait until you're in your mid-30s by the way!! lol)

I love this post and your attitude!
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Feel fortunate that you are young and not tied down to a relationship right now. You need to find yourself before you can truly give into a relationship. Take this time to improve yourself, work on you and be all that you can be for yourself. When you aren't looking the right guy will come along when you least expect it. Just don't give up on yourself.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I was 23 when I started dating my now husband who was 30 at the time. 22 years later and we're still together. Don't count out the older guys, many times they are on the same maturity level as you. Actually, I'm not positive my husband has matured much in those 22 years. He still gets a kick out of the Three Stooges and fart jokes. Good thing I love him.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1. 22 year old boys don't have the brain capacity yet to be involved in a serious relationship. seriously. it takes until AT LEAST 27.
    Half true. My husband and I are 26 now, and it wasn't until this past year or two he actually got his crap together, so to say. We've been together seven years now.
    2. who wants a serious relationship at 22 anyway?
    He asked my dad if he could marry me when we were 19/20 LOL!
    3. for heaven's sake just enjoy being YOUNG AND SINGLE because it's AWESOME. go have fun and get a dog to snuggle with!

i'm head over heels crazy about my beau, but I seriously miss being single sometimes. being able to go out with my girls ANYTIME.. not worrying about needing to make anyone else happy but me... there's something to be said for that!

Moral of this story, every relationship is different. Men settle down at different ages depending what their maturity level is and who they are with.
  • BrynnyB
    BrynnyB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There really is someone for everyone. Don't give up keeping your eye out for him just because you have had a few trial runs. It took me ages to find my guy, and when I did find him, it was in an unlikely place. Just stay open to whatever life presents you!

Cheers!

~B
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You are only 22. Don't get jaded yet.
    EXACTLY! Besides, there's something to be said for being a strong and independent woman...because when the right guy comes along, and you're not 'needy', its a GOOD thing! That's when you'll find a partner who is an equal. There's someone for everyone, and you're not likely to end alone!

And don't take this the wrong way, but when you've had more time to 'grow up', you'll get over that wating too much attention' thing (hopefully).....and, and as far as the moody thing??? EVERY woman is moody :laugh:
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Men are overrated :laugh: ...I am single and growing in my own skin, finding out who I am and what I want. I'll start panicking if i'm still single when my clock starts ticking.

I do feel lonely at times but the feeling never lasts.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    eh im kinda feeling the opposite. not saying i would do anything stupid if i was single at my age (19) but i would furr surree be having some funnn with no regrets. no need to settle down so young in my mind, however i cant control when i meet my love i suppose.
  • toddx318
    toddx318 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and my 21 year old granddaughter and I had a very nice lunch together today! You guys stop being so mean to this poor child!