Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your reward to yourself for losing weight??

Replies

• emmydawnsmom
    emmydawnsmom Posts: 9 Member
    I had bought clothes in the past; however I buy cheap stuff on sale because I am still losing and hoping to continue and the stuff I bought 6 months ago no longer fits so cheap clothes and belts LOL
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    A body and health I am proud of!

^^ this. The results ARE the reward

This. That's all I've ever wanted...
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    10 lbs - Spa day
    15 lbs - Bicycle
    20 lbs - Fitted for new running shoes
  • seddy1971
    seddy1971 Posts: 2
    might get a mankini lol
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    might get a mankini lol

add that to my list!
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Boobs.

<<--check 'em out.

They're great and the only part of me that I couldn't "fix" with a clean diet and exercise.
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Every 15 pounds I get to pick from my 'rewards list' which includes a pedicure, a massage, new outfit, etc. When I hit my UGW we are going on a cruise or big road trip somewhere beautiful!
  • stlhrs
    stlhrs Posts: 67 Member
    i donate $5 to the red cross every time I lose 5 pounds.

19105975.png

^^ love this
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Every 10 lbs. I lose I take a week off from exercise. Yes, I dislike exercise THAT MUCH. ;-)
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    When I hit the 180 mark, getting the 4 more pairs of Tactical 5.11pants that I like to work in. Though going through the old stored clothes has been rewarding, some of the stuff is over 12 years old.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    When I get to 150 (my ultimate goal weight) I will go on vacation to Cancun with couple friends.
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205

19105975.png

^^ love this

Bravo!!
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Tattoo on my ribs and nipple piercings.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Thought I would do something big when I reached my goal wt, but the truth is I really haven't done anything yet. I got some new clothes along the way out of necessity, but nothing just as a splurge. I am trying to maintain and have always found it hard to reward myself. My hubby gave me money for a massage and a spa day, but I just can't seem to splurge on myself.There the money sits in my wallet.What's wrong with me?????
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    A body and health I am proud of!

^^ this. The results ARE the reward

This. That's all I've ever wanted...

I completely agree with you guys, but sometimes it's hard to see the big picture in the day to day struggle. Most of us here were used to a life style of not being very healthy, so smaller goals and rewards can help stay focused on being healthy until it becomes routine.
  • I don't find award type rewards at all motivating. If I need something, I buy it. If I can't afford it, I figure out a less expensive alternative. Anything that would be enough to really motivate me would be way out of my budget regardless.

Having said that, I was really excited with the new workout pants I bought this weekend. I couldn't wait to get to the gym! So I've decided that my 'rewards' will be things that are motivating because using them will make me healthier. So I guess I will be purchasing the reward before of earned them lol. I think my next investment will be a wok pan for making stir-fry.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Once I lose enough weight that I can't just wear my jeans with a belt anymore, I'll buy myself all new ones. That way I get a reward and I look good in new jeans and can show off my fitter body. I've lose 4 pant sizes so far and have felt better each time I zip up a new smaller pair.
  • I'm thinking about having some pin-up photos taken when I get to my goal weight. I did a group retro/pin-up photoshoot as part of a bachelorette party when I'd just started my diet and had a blast. I think I'd like to have some "after" photos to match the set.

That sounds awesome! My mom and sister are both photographers, so I would love to do this with a few of my friends. Now if I can just find healthier friends lol
  • When I drop 18 lbs I will buy a new vintage dress I love vintage clothing

Me too! I've started making a lot of my own vintage stuff. It gives me something to do when I'm bored at the house lol
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member

Awesome good for you!!

I am going to get a massage and have a spa day, get a tattoo, maybe get my belly button pierced and dare I say if I make it to my UGW I want to have some boudoir photos taken (YIKES)