Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    My parents and I use to live in SC and a waitress at a SC restaurant once told my parents this joke:

SC Waitress: Whats the difference between a Yankee and a d*mn Yankee?
    Mom&Dad: I don't know what?
    SC Waiterss: A d*mn Yankee stays.

RUDE!

That is pretty funny =p
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    "All it ever does in Seattle is rain!"

Please tell me why I have to water my yard all summer to keep it from dying due to LACK OF RAIN? lol

seattle is 6th on number of rainy days list at 149. thats an awful lot of days with rain.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I am from Alberta, Canada; I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

:wink:

That sounds familiar. :)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Not sure I would actually state our government is on the coast. Also I see a ton of entertainment through out the country(Sports)

obviously we have a little of everything in most places...but its concentrated on the coasts.

It's concentrated on the coast because waterways were primary transportation lines before the automobile for shipping goods! That's why for a long time in history the country didn't worry about crossing the Mississippi. I live near the East Coast, but I wouldn't say that all the good stuff happens on the coast.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You grew up near Spring, Tx? Do you know Matt Bomer? No I dont. :noway:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Not one annoying statement about San Diego. It is just just too damned awesome here.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yeah, well.... I'm from Jersey. Pretty sure there's no other state with a worse stigma attached. Maybe Florida because they're mostly bat **** crazy down there, but yeah.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Not sure I would actually state our government is on the coast. Also I see a ton of entertainment through out the country(Sports)

obviously we have a little of everything in most places...but its concentrated on the coasts.

It's concentrated on the coast because waterways were primary transportation lines before the automobile for shipping goods! That's why for a long time in history the country didn't worry about crossing the Mississippi. I live near the East Coast, but I wouldn't say that all the good stuff happens on the coast.

not all but the majority. :)
  • akamatilda
    akamatilda Posts: 19
    Options
    Oregon. It's or-i-gun, not ahr-i-gone. And, not it doesn't rain all the time (just feels that way about February or March.)
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I'm from South Carolina, and live in North Carolina.
    No, we're not all related. No, it's not the same as Virginia. No, we don't shoot guns as we drive down the street. Yes, it's an actual city. No, we don't keep our money in the still. No, I don't think your racism is funny or cool. No, I don't have the rebel flag or a gun rack on my car. No, I don't have a hunting license. Yes, I've eaten sushi.

... What do you mean you don't have Cheerwine in your town? Heck, NO, 'm not movin'! ;)

Ha.. =p Cheerwine is gross! And my high school and middle school...everyone wore rebel flag shirts, and had them on their cars. I was born and raised in NC and I live in Myrtle Beach now =)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I live in south Florida.... No it is not the sunshine state... They lied its summer which means it will rain atleast 4 days out of the week. It will be over 90 with a 98% humidity. Thank you guy who made AC..... Oh and no I'm not cuban lol
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Not one annoying statement about San Diego. It is just just too damned awesome here.

maybe someone from the albino community could complain about the sunshine? :)

San Diego has to be the best city in the U.S.
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Alaska.

Penguins are at the other pole.

no, I don't have polar bears in my back yard. (often get the other two, though)

it is impossible within the laws of physics to get exactly six months of dark and six months of light.

yes we have trees - probably more than all the other states combined.

and NO NO NO a million times NO! we are not all like Sarah Palin!
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    "All it ever does in Seattle is rain!"

Please tell me why I have to water my yard all summer to keep it from dying due to LACK OF RAIN? lol

...and no I have not seen bigfoot, I don't have moss growing on my feet, and we don't have indian wars
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Jamaica

"Say something in Jamaican" ...:huh: Jamaican is not a language dumba$$ it's called "Patois'!

Try watching The Harder They Come as an American-English speaker. Trust me, it's a different language! :bigsmile:

See what I mean. My point is we don't speak "Jamaican" just like you don't speak "American", our native language is called "Patois" not "Jamaican"...
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    DC...

Never mind, it's all true.

Pretty much. Can't defend this horrible place.

Actually, I really love it here -- after 30 years I have a serious case of Potomac Fever. There's nothing like looking out my office window and seeing the Capitol, and feeling like my work makes a difference in the world. But all the jokes -- both about the politicians on Capitol Hill and about the dysfunctional city that surrounds it -- have at least a grain of truth.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    California.....everyone thinks it's always sunny and hot here.........ummmm NO!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Actually, I really love it here -- after 30 years I have a serious case of Potomac Fever. There's nothing like looking out my office window and seeing the Capitol, and feeling like my work makes a difference in the world. But all the jokes -- both about the politicians on Capitol Hill and about the dysfunctional city that surrounds it -- have at least a grain of truth.

yeah DC is a great city. so much to do, great job market, museums, restaurants, etc...etc.. all with a melting pot of cultures from all over the world. of course its not on the same level as NYC but how many cities are?
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Not EVERYONE from Long island talks like Joey Buttafuco
  • JillSara
    JillSara Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're from WHERE? MAINE? Isn't that in CANADA?

seriously? Have you EVER looked at a map in your life?!

my other one I get from Maine is.. "Do you all have electricity up there?".....

seriously.