Do people think your older or younger than you look?

Options

Replies

• wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    People say I look more "serious" than people my age, and it causes me so many problems! Everyone constantly thinks I'm like 22-23, when in reality I'm 18 :P I'm constantly asked what I study or where I work.
    I was perceived as my own father's wife TWICE. We are total lookalikes, so who has a wife who looks like their sister?! People astonish me all the time...

lol, actually my hubs and I are told we look more related to each other than our own families. guess we were attracted to ourselves enough to marry us. Its kind of weird at times to explain to ppl we are married not related. lol
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    People think I'm younger. I'm 23 years old and people think I'm 18. Somtimes it bothers me, but when I'm older I'll probably appreciate it!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    26 here. Never have anyone guess much older than 21.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    younger I got ID getting cigerettes for my sister I'm 38
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    22 and some guess i'm around 17-19. Guess cause of my hair and because i dislike facial hair.
  • Parrasue
    Parrasue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 - people have said that they think I'm late 30's and they are very surprised when I tell them my 'kids' are 21, 24 and 26!!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I am 33 and i have been told they thought i was 24-25. except for yesterday this lady made me feel like i looked old , because she was surprised at how young my mother is . Btw she is 49 and shes been complemented on looking young as well:)
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Younger for sure. I turn 29 next week and I still get asked for ID
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Everyone thinks I'm younger. Especially people I talk to online. I've had people guess I'm 15 before, when in fact I'll be turning 22 in a few months :(
  • QUEENPINKSPARKLE1965
    QUEENPINKSPARKLE1965 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think younger this little mam will be hitting 50 soon and Ihave 9 children yes for sure younger for now:heart::smile:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    42 next week, I get 30-35 alot
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    People seem surprised when I tell them my age, they seem to think i'm younger. I think I look my age, but when I see other people my age I think they look old...so I really don't know.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    ill be 35 Monday but most people think I'm in my early 20s
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Younger. People think I'm 17ish and I'm 25

Ditto. Unless they know my personality, then they think I'm older because I'm busy and boring. LOL

A client last week was trying to set me up with his 16 year old son. First of all, if I were 16 would you let me do your hair??

I think part of it is because I'm small and people associate small with young until the wrinkles start to show! :laugh:

I've also had sales people come to our door (of the house my husband and I OWN) and ask if they could speak with my parents. One day I didn't feel like dealing with them so I told the guy they weren't home.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, and i've had some people tell me i look 29. I always tell them, "the check is in the mail". :smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I am told I look younger than my age. just chicks trying to hit on me, mostly.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I am 33. Usually I get told I'm anywhere from my mid to late 20's.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Friends and acquaintances will always say you look younger... change your hairstyle, shave off or grow a beard, whatever... they always say you look younger and of course if you lose weight then you'll automatically shave 10-years off :wink:

I have white hair and certainly when I was really fat I know that I looked about 5-10 years older than my age. I also know that I still look older than my friends who are 2-5 years younger than me. But I can't say that it bothers me. I feel fantastic now and that's all that matters to me :bigsmile:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I think they think I'm older, but only slightly.
  • TinaIsTrying
    Options
    I'm 39 but am often told I look to be in my mid 20s. Though I don't see it. I think maybe when I lose this weight I will. :) Weight ages people... I've always thought so.