No More Excuses - Week 5

Options
Disclaimer: I am not removing anybody from this group, PLEASE if don't see your name and want to still be part of the group or join, just message me your weight and I will GLADLY get you on there. I have removed names with no weigh-ins or communication for more than two weeks! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!

weightchart4.jpg

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    .....so I would suggest that we set a goal for next week and a reward that we will give to ourselves when we achieve it. The goal could be weight loss, regulating our excercise to consistancy, or just staying within the calorie intake. Whatever will match your needs. Suggested rewards could be anything as well. Could be something our family would help out with such as hubby doing the dishes, or kids cleaning the bathroom(well they may not be happy with that one!!!). Something the whole family will encourage you to stick with. Then we could share our goals with each other so that we are accountable once again!

The above saying was posted by Tigermom and it is our newest challenge. Let us know what you decide your goal will be; I will be back to post mine later!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to be 215 or lower!!!!

That being said, I am out of calories today, and I am starving!!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Jack, you know what that means, you have to go burn more calories through exercise to eat more!
  • justjack51
    Options
    How many calories do you burn when you watch football?
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    My goals for the next week are:

01) exercise five times this week - two in gym and two at home
    02) stay in my calories at least 6 days this week

My reward will be:

a hot relaxing soaking bubble bath and maybe if I can swing it financially a new belly button ring. It is only like $10 but it is Christmas and the bills are still due! :tongue:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Jack, not many unless you move during the commercials. I am running stairs and jumping on the mini tramp during commercials while watching CSI because I don't feel like riding the exercise bike. :grumble:
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    How many calories do you burn when you watch football?
    Rather depends on whether your team's winning or losing, I'd say. :wink: Try punching the air lots of times - or doing a little victory dance if your team wins . . . that'll burn some calories! :laugh:

I have a very challenging week ahead of me as my 3 classes of students (all adults) will be having their end of course celebrations. This always involves copious amounts of delicious homemade food from many different countries. The students put an enormous effort into producing really yummy stuff, and they tend to get offended if their teacher won't taste it. So . . . I'm setting myself 2 goals for this week:

1. I will exercise every day.
    2. I will not eat excessively at the 3 parties and on the other days I will stick to my calories - without fail !!

If I manage to do these things, I will reward myself by finding time to watch a DVD (The Reader) I've had sitting on my desk for months. Will that do?

Hope everyone has a fanstastic week.
    Alison x
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey Allison, that is a wonderful reward. Great choice, good luck on your goals!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    My goal is to exercise 5 times this week. I lose weight every time I do this but for the past 2 weeks I have not been exercising near as much. 2 weeks in a row without a loss means it is time to get moving more!
    My reward will be a better weigh in...that is enough for me!
    Kim
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hey all...The challenge sounds great. My goal will be to lose 2 pounds this week. If I do this I will go buy the Christmas necklace and earrings I have been wanting. This lady makes beautiful handmade jewelry sets for $22 and she is making some sets shaped like Christmas trees. I hope to get to the gym 3 days and do C25K 3 days. Good luck everybody!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay -- scale says:: 160.0lbs this weigh in !! Very happy considering my inactivity per back issue!

Okay I want to lose 1-2lbs this week, go to the gym 4 days out of 7 and do stretches for my back all 7 days. If I complete my challenge my reward will be a pedicure! Will be nice after all this cold weather and a for a GREAT week.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. It is extremely cold here with it being almost noon and it is 18 degrees. I am going to the gym after work but I really just want to go curl up on the couch with a blanket in front of the fire! BRRRRRR!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I am back. I am at 257.8, so better than last time I was on here at 258.8. down a pound. My goals for this week are: eat the calories that I am susposed to and exercise 5 times this week.
  • yvonneh
    Options
    My goal this week is to eliminate processed sugar and gluten from my diet, except for my one allowed cheat - I'm going to a cookie exchange Wednesday, so I'm going to allow myself 2 small cookies and either freeze the rest or bring them to work for others.

I almost always stay within my calories and exercise 200-400 calories a day, but it seems like I only lose weight when I remove the white sugar and gluten. The nutritionist said both can cause inflammation and fluid retention. I've experimented and can make some good cookies and scones with evaporated cane juice (the sugar equivalent of whole grains) and gluten free flour.

I'm going to copy someone else and reward myself by making time for a nice hot bubble bath and pedicure this weekend!

Good luck everyone on Week 5!
  • justjack51
    Options
    Clearly my strategy of watching football to lose weight did not work as I gained nearly a pound overnight.

Got a new pair of running shoes in the mail today. Tomorrow I try them out with my new heart rate monitor. Maybe I can go further than a mile without keeling over.
  • vouzeme
    vouzeme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    How do I join the 'no excuses' group?

I just got a clear slip of health from a stress fracture and am ready to kick some *kitten*.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi!

I just got a clear slip of health from a stress fracture and am ready to kick some *kitten*.

Welcome.....jump right in and start kicking!!!!! We are a very laid back group that loves to support each other. I think you will enjoy the support you will find here.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Justjack...I put on my new running shoes and got on the treadmill for 47 minutes of Couch to 5K, but I had two pieces of cheese pizza from Sam's Club and went over my calories by 228. I'm sure I'll see that pound in the morning if not more. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. Good luck on your run.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome to our group. We do a weigh-in on Sunday mornings and send a message to Amanda with our weight. She updates our chart for us weekly.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi ladies;

Well I havebeen out of it for the past day. The stomach flu bug caught up to me and it has not been fun. Consiquently I have not done anything today but sleep. HOwever, haven't eaten anything either except chicken noodle soup and diet 7-up. Will get after it tomorrow.

My goal for the week is to loose 1-2 pounds and to make it tocurves 3 times this week. My reward is going to be to get my hair frosted. It has needed it, but I just tell myself it can wait.

Talk to you all soon. Back to bed I think.