Husband is skeptical

Options
I need this site for motivation and support. My husband thinks I won't last long and will give up, but I can't do that! I have to change my lifestyle or I will have a heart attack before I reach 60!

Replies

• redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Prove him wrong! You can stick with it and have a healthier life!
  • Ericaaa89
    Ericaaa89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Shame on him for not being supportive! You know, there's nothing I enjoy more than proving my boyfriend wrong ;)
  • 1960HikerDude
    1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. This is the very best gift that you can give yourself. It won't be easy. Nothing truly worthwhile is. Hang in there and make effort every day. You CAN do this.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Use his skepticism as motivation to PROVE HIM WRONG!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    when I joined I promised myself to log in for 30 days ( i had a habit of only logging for 2 - 3 days and 1 week at most)
    well yesterday was day 130 ( yes I said one hundred and thirty) :bigsmile:

it gets easier over time .. you can do this, BUT it must be done for you and no one else or you won't stick to it (experience) :drinker:
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend was highly skeptical, but now that i've been here for almost a year and lost 50 pounds, he's actually getting on board as well! it's great to finally have his support, but i still rely on my MFP friends for the biggest dose of encouragement. You've come to the right place!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    you must not be Italian- we accomplish so many things on spite alone! All I need is for someone to tell me I can't do somthing!!!

You can do this- prove him wrong!
  • REMagness
    REMagness Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was skeptical too when my wife joined. . . after she lost ten pounds, I swallowed my pride and joined.

As the others have said, stick with it!
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wendy - remember - no person can put boundaries around you. You are the captain of your ship and the master of your fate. KEEP ON TRUCKIN'.
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great? We wait until we marry you to show what supportive cads we can be.

Anyway, if this was a diet you would not stick to it because they don't work. This you'll stick with because it's a lifestyle change; it'll just take time.

Diets don't work but this sort of thing does.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Show him how WRONG he is!! I sent you a friend request!
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Look at how far you've already come!!!

I hope I'm not being too judgmental by saying that I think he needs to stuff a sock in it and be a supportive partner!

If he doesn't change his tune, you just remember that YOU ARE ALREADY IMPROVING! We're all on MFP for the same reason...come to us and we'll help drown out his skepticism with our optimism!!! :bigsmile:
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Thank him for his support and kick him in the junk :p
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Prove him wrong and use that as motivation. you can do it. if you set your mind to it and do the work you can do anything. Good Luck and hope to hear your successful story down the road
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wendy - remember - no person can put boundaries around you. You are the captain of your ship and the master of your fate. KEEP ON TRUCKIN'.

This!
    Take each day one at a time, ask for help when you need it, and don't give up because you go over. :flowerforyou:
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than the desire to prove someone wrong. Let that fire you up. This is a great site and you will do this. Add friends that will hold you accountable and they will support you all the way. You've got this.
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank him for his support and kick him in the junk :p

LOL...I'm keeping this gem of a mental image for the next time someone is a jerk to me for no reason. :D
  • Ptyson4
    Ptyson4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is a book called The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz, and they are just simple statements to keep in mind as you live your life. One of the best is this: "Don't take anything personally." His comment to you says so much more about himself and how he feels about what he can do than what it says about you.

Your biggest barrier is your own mind. Fill it with positive, forward motion! Take every day one day at a time, a seventh of a pound at a time. You can lose .14 lb a day easy enough. Stay strong!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    you can do it! When i started, my husband said "I will quit smoking when you lose 30lbs" i said DEAL! Then he said "no, when you have continued for 6 months"
    Both statements because i am sure he thought i would quit. Guess what? I didnt. I am still here and he is still a smoker.

You can do it, and MFP can help!!
  • michelle2474
    Options
    you must not be Italian- we accomplish so many things on spite alone! All I need is for someone to tell me I can't do something!!!

Love it!