Ladies, how long do you make him wait?

Options

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Took a year with my dude. Poor guy. haha.
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I didn't really go on dates with my husband, but we waited a lil more than two months
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

There is a LOT to be said for that approach. :happy:
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My now husband waited a year.
    We were both fairly freshly divorced when we met, and neither of us wanted to make that kind of mistake again. So, we built a strong foundation as friends first for a year, lived together for a year, then we were engaged for a year. We married 3 years and one week from our first date. We've been married for more than 11 years now, and I could not imagine life without him. We raised our 6 kids together as one family, now our last one in is her second year of college (she was 6 when we met).

Now, my husband says he never had waited before, but he knew from the first time he ever saw me with my kids that I was going to be his wife one day. Who wouldn't marry a man that says something like that???
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The no sex before marriage thing has always been a bit of a mystery to me. Basically I've never met a person in real life who believes that except when I visit the US.

That being there's not much of a dating culture here. The longest I've waited was about a month but with my fiance it was one of those things that's here to last so we did it the day after (then spent the whole weekend together cuddling over movies).
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Ive been married 5 years...I still haven't let him :noway:
    his girlfriend Palmela must be putting in work! :indifferent:

:laugh:
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For my husband, it cost 16 diamonds and the rest of his life. :-D
    (there are 3 diamonds in my engagement ring and 13 small diamonds in the wedding band)

We saved sex for marriage :) We started dating when we were freshmen in college (I was 18), got married the summer we graduated (age 22). And have been happily married for 5 years, with many more to come :-D And as much unlimited, on-demand sex as he (or I!!) wants :-D

I'm with you, sevsmom!! Excruciating, but worth waiting for!!

Mine too girl! Ya'll are right - it is worth the wait. My husband always says 'Married sex is AWESOME!' I wouldn't have had it any other way!

The problem with "married sex is awesome" is that you have no idea what other sex is like. You could think sex is awesome with your first partner, only to realize that other people make it MUCH, MUCH better.

I'm thankfully I'm spending the rest of my life with my current partner who is amazing on every level, and not the first few who were horrible in bed.

On the other hand, if they were both virgins and had never experienced other partners, they won't know what other sex is like anyway. Therefore, they can be perfectly content with their married sex because they are not comparing their partner's abilities to that of others.

True, but I would think in some cases.. the sex probably fizzles out. Then they turn into a couple who does it on anniversaries only. :laugh:

I'm curious, to the women who have been married for 10+ years and waited until marriage. How often do you have sex or when was the last time?

LOL...I think for some people whether they had awesome sex before or waited after "i do", a lot of things fizzle out once kids come into the picture. I can't imagine couples have anniversary sex though...that would be horrible I would think.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Whether you wait one night or 3 months to sleep with him, if he's gonna give you herpes and a baby - it has nothing to do with how long you wait.

I dislike that *self edits* there is a sect of girls that always say that girls who dont wait for months are the cause of std's and single parenthood.

How about this - not everyone is just like you.... and that's ok :)
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Buncha *kitten* up in here
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but where are you finding these guys who wait for months?

Yeah, I know the cliche, a good guy is one who is willing to wait, but a real man is good enough to get in there a lot quicker.
    Seriously??? The real man is willing to wait. Its not a contest, IMO.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    For my husband, it cost 16 diamonds and the rest of his life. :-D
    (there are 3 diamonds in my engagement ring and 13 small diamonds in the wedding band)

We saved sex for marriage :) We started dating when we were freshmen in college (I was 18), got married the summer we graduated (age 22). And have been happily married for 5 years, with many more to come :-D And as much unlimited, on-demand sex as he (or I!!) wants :-D

I'm with you, sevsmom!! Excruciating, but worth waiting for!!

Mine too girl! Ya'll are right - it is worth the wait. My husband always says 'Married sex is AWESOME!' I wouldn't have had it any other way!

The problem with "married sex is awesome" is that you have no idea what other sex is like. You could think sex is awesome with your first partner, only to realize that other people make it MUCH, MUCH better.

I'm thankfully I'm spending the rest of my life with my current partner who is amazing on every level, and not the first few who were horrible in bed.

On the other hand, if they were both virgins and had never experienced other partners, they won't know what other sex is like anyway. Therefore, they can be perfectly content with their married sex because they are not comparing their partner's abilities to that of others.
    Thank you for understanding, Beautifully. Much appreciated. My husband and I were both virgins. He gets all the credit for finding out what gets me off, and we experiment all the time :-P As far as "knowing what else is out there"... quite honestly, I don't want to know. According to what my more sexually-experienced girlfriends are saying, it doesn't sound that great.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    3 date rule. Duh.

Damn this Friday is only #2.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've never had any kind of rule about that...
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    1 yr and 10 months.... almost made it to 2 years.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

hahahahahahahaha!! as a married woman, i can appreciate the humor in this. :)
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Dang! lmao!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options

Stay classy.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    And people wonder why STDs and single parenthood is so prevalent. :huh:

Any boy who will dump someone if they don't sleep with them by the 3rd or 5th date is not a man and not worth bothering with anyhow. If you sleep with such a loser on the 3rd date odds are you aren't going to be going out on a 4th date. He got what he wanted and is probably too immature to know there is more to dating than sex.

(Yea, yea I see the ones who married the guy they slept with on the first date. I've also known of people to hit the lotto. Just because it happens once in a great while doesn't mean it's even remotely common.)

<---- Single woman. Proudly so. No STD's and no babies. Get off yer high horse and let me live my darn life will ya? I don't pee all over your lifestyle choices all day long. K?
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    My Husband waited 8 months and 23 days. . . and one ceremony with ring!

It was excruciating, but worth it!!!

Wouldn't have had it any other way.

I think this is AWESOME!
This discussion has been closed.