Ladies, how long do you make him wait?

Options

Replies

• HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    And people wonder why STDs and single parenthood is so prevalent. :huh:

Any boy who will dump someone if they don't sleep with them by the 3rd or 5th date is not a man and not worth bothering with anyhow. If you sleep with such a loser on the 3rd date odds are you aren't going to be going out on a 4th date. He got what he wanted and is probably too immature to know there is more to dating than sex.

(Yea, yea I see the ones who married the guy they slept with on the first date. I've also known of people to hit the lotto. Just because it happens once in a great while doesn't mean it's even remotely common.)

<---- Single woman. Proudly so. No STD's and no babies. Get off yer high horse and let me live my darn life will ya? I don't pee all over your lifestyle choices all day long. K?

:drinker:
  • Kristen0526
    Kristen0526 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I made my man wait 4 months. We met the spring semester of our first year of college. We are now engaged, just celebrated our 9 year anniversary this past May, and have a beautiful 8 month old son, Robert James Howat IV!!! Couldn't be happier and would not have changed a thing.

P.S.-now I only make him wait until the baby is asleep :wink:
  • MrsHarvey2010
    MrsHarvey2010 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I make my husband wait all of 5 minutes. lol. but thats just me
    Haha! That sounds like me. I usually had a strict 3-5 date rule, but I seriously needed a one night stand... 10 months later we got married Lol, who'da thunk it Lol.
  • xxzimmer
    xxzimmer Posts: 37
    Options
    I've never dated a girl with a "rule" and if they had one they tossed it out the window. I don't understand why people wait, unless one is underage. Sex is sex. It can be rough, sensual, good, or bad. Find out what you like, then find a person that like it too.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Buncha *kitten* up in here
    :laugh: :laugh: One might also argue there are a "buncha judgemental prudes running up in here" too....
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    There's rules?
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

The problem with "married sex is awesome" is that you have no idea what other sex is like. You could think sex is awesome with your first partner, only to realize that other people make it MUCH, MUCH better.

I'm thankfully I'm spending the rest of my life with my current partner who is amazing on every level, and not the first few who were horrible in bed.

On the other hand, if they were both virgins and had never experienced other partners, they won't know what other sex is like anyway. Therefore, they can be perfectly content with their married sex because they are not comparing their partner's abilities to that of others.
    Thank you for understanding, Beautifully. Much appreciated. My husband and I were both virgins. He gets all the credit for finding out what gets me off, and we experiment all the time :-P As far as "knowing what else is out there"... quite honestly, I don't want to know. According to what my more sexually-experienced girlfriends are saying, it doesn't sound that great.

I think that is very special! It is all about experimentation with your partner. If he isn't doing something you like, teach him...show him the light. Same thing with a female partner. Some people are going through life just dating and sexing until they find that one guy who can turn their world upside in bed. Communication is essential IN the bed also. My husband has learned how to please me the way I like instead of doing something that may have pleased others in the past because I can care less about them. What some women like I don't and what I like some women may not like. One package does not fit all, clearly. I like being a teacher especially since he is a great student...lol :)
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    For my husband, it cost 16 diamonds and the rest of his life. :-D
    (there are 3 diamonds in my engagement ring and 13 small diamonds in the wedding band)

We saved sex for marriage :) We started dating when we were freshmen in college (I was 18), got married the summer we graduated (age 22). And have been happily married for 5 years, with many more to come :-D And as much unlimited, on-demand sex as he (or I!!) wants :-D

I'm with you, sevsmom!! Excruciating, but worth waiting for!!

Mine too girl! Ya'll are right - it is worth the wait. My husband always says 'Married sex is AWESOME!' I wouldn't have had it any other way!

The problem with "married sex is awesome" is that you have no idea what other sex is like. You could think sex is awesome with your first partner, only to realize that other people make it MUCH, MUCH better.

I'm thankfully I'm spending the rest of my life with my current partner who is amazing on every level, and not the first few who were horrible in bed.

On the other hand, if they were both virgins and had never experienced other partners, they won't know what other sex is like anyway. Therefore, they can be perfectly content with their married sex because they are not comparing their partner's abilities to that of others.
    Thank you for understanding, Beautifully. Much appreciated. My husband and I were both virgins. He gets all the credit for finding out what gets me off, and we experiment all the time :-P As far as "knowing what else is out there"... quite honestly, I don't want to know. According to what my more sexually-experienced girlfriends are saying, it doesn't sound that great.

I didn't wait. But I wanted to. It just didn't work out that way. I think it's great for those of you who wait until marriage. I admire you and appreciate your committment.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For my husband, it cost 16 diamonds and the rest of his life. :-D
    (there are 3 diamonds in my engagement ring and 13 small diamonds in the wedding band)

We saved sex for marriage :) We started dating when we were freshmen in college (I was 18), got married the summer we graduated (age 22). And have been happily married for 5 years, with many more to come :-D And as much unlimited, on-demand sex as he (or I!!) wants :-D

I'm with you, sevsmom!! Excruciating, but worth waiting for!!

Mine too girl! Ya'll are right - it is worth the wait. My husband always says 'Married sex is AWESOME!' I wouldn't have had it any other way!

True, but I would think in some cases.. the sex probably fizzles out. Then they turn into a couple who does it on anniversaries only. :laugh:

I'm curious, to the women who have been married for 10+ years and waited until marriage. How often do you have sex or when was the last time?

We aren't "married" but we have been together for over 12 years and have been doing it for 11. He waited a year but we were in High School, senior year. We were both virgins and have only been with each other ever. We do it at least twice a week normally more often. (When kids were more demanding it might have tapered down to once a week, but they are old enough to entertain themselves now.) We have never gone longer then 2 weeks without except for once when he moved to Utah to work before the kids and I moved out here. Oh and of course 6weeks after each of our 2 kids were born but we did other stuff. So no fizzling out here.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Here is the rule. No sex until you are married. Then no sex after marriage. LOL!
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    tbh, depends on how bad I want him, how much chemistry is there immediately and how good the timing is. Ive made a guy wait 3 months and there was another guy who I kissed for the first time and then shortly afterwards... slept with for the first time - cause, well, there was just no stopping it.

This^

and to someone who said marrying a guy you slept with on the first date is like hitting the lotto... uhh me and my husband never even had a date, we had mutual friends that we've both known for years and so knew of each other for years, ended up together one great night and now we've been together 5 years.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't "make him wait" I do it when I want to. Simple as that.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    when i was single, i had no rule. if i wanted him, i had him. if not, then i didn't.

HOWEVER, i didn't lose my virginity until i was going on 19, and i had been with him for 9 months when it happened, and was with him for a total of over 3 years. so before someone throws not-nice words at me, check-yo-self.

but anyway.. last time i took a guy home on the first night i ended up marrying him a year and a half later.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    IT DEPENDS HOW DRUNK I AM :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JUST KIDDING I LET GUYS ALL KNOW DONT RUN GAME DONT TRY ALL THAT CRAP BECAUSE A GIRL KNOWS IF SHE WANTS TO SKREW A GUY THE FIRST 5 SECONDS SHES IN FRONT OF THEM LOL IF SHE DIDNT WANT TO GET TAPPED SHE WOULD NEVER GO ON A DATE WITH U LOL

Yep!! This
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I "taped" my now husband after a week... in a truck... in a school parking lot.:laugh:

Mmm, so classy.

I'm sorry... I wasn't asking for your aproval.:noway:
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    no tapping before commitment?

there's no way I would commit to a man without knowing his tappin skills....well.

Very smart! I do the same... haha
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Not to offend but I've got to admit that I'm surprised (and a bit disturbed) by how quickly folks jump into having sex. In my perspective, sex isn't something that is just another form of entertainment when dating if there isn't anything on TV. It is much more significant and special than that.

In the research done by Dr. Meg Meeker called Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters, she shows the lasting physical, psychological and emotional effects that can come from this sort of behavior. Give it a read if you want to better understand the implications. http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Fathers-Daughters-Secrets-Father/dp/0345499395/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342125982&sr=8-1&keywords=meg+meeker

This is absolutely not the type of behavior that would make me proud of myself, let alone anything that would make me proud of my child (of either gender).
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    3 date rule. Duh.

A lot of women follow this. Luckily for me, tonight is date #3
    U BETTER TAP THAT THEN! LOL GOOD LUCK!
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    However long it takes me to shave. :)
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Its always different. Although I just now realized that the only two serious relationships I have had, I knew them for YEARS before having sex with them and I think it was like 5 months of being "best friends" before I had sex with them. Soooo, thats kind of odd. All the other people, MEH. I banged a couple dudes on the first date. I was more of a "Im using you for sex, please never call me again" kind of girl... Unless I really "liked" them. Haha.
This discussion has been closed.