Is there anyone on here not looking to be a size 2?

Options

Replies

• sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am looking to be a size 8 at the smallest. I would be content at size 10.
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good, healthy, sexy whatever in my skin & no way do I want to be a size 2. I want to be me!
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would look ill as a size 2.. plus I would feel lost without my big boobs and bum.. I'm 5"5, currently weigh 164 (started at 180) a UK size 12. Aiming to get down to 147lbs which should put me at a UK size 10 - I would be happy enough with that, any lower would mean sacrifices in the wrong places!! :)
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    you realize that sizes are a terrible indication of weight, correct? and sizes seriously fluctuate? i have 2 pairs of pants from the same store, 1 is a size 6, the other a size 0.

also, the whole size 2 isn't curvy is so bullsh!t. most of my pants are size 1 and I have an hourglass shape. i have curves thanks.

Thank you!!! I agree I just tried bein healthier and I just happen to be around a size 2, also have a size 1 & 3's. I still have hips and a butt, never had boobs anyways.

I have jeans in 4 different sizes that all fit the exact same way. The label with the size on it is almost never related to the actual size of the clothes. I hate this, because I'm disabled and trying things on in the store is almost impossible (actually impossible in some stores) and you can't tell even "kinda-sorta" how something will fit without trying it on. I live in a seriously rural area so the trips back for returns are expensive in terms of gas.

But I took the OP's question to be more along the lines of "Is there anyone on here not looking to be built like a fashion model (which are size 0~2)?" rather than an actual size 2.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I thought I looked good when i was a size 11/12. Now I am a 17/18. I would really like to be a 12 again, then move down to a 10 atleast. I weigh 215 and i would really like to weigh 250 but for now I am focusing on 180, that was when I thought I looked good and got a lot of compliments. I have a big frame and curves so it worked for me.

I'm pretty sure you mean 150. Right?
  • Astro_ferret
    Astro_ferret Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I don't think my bone structure would allow me to be a size 2. I'd like to wear a dress size 6 though, I'm at a 10 right now.
  • gr8dayao
    gr8dayao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! size 2 on my 5'7" frame would be impossible for me. Maybe a size 8 would be ok. I was a size 12 before I had children and looked really good, but a size 12 from 1980 something is way smaller than a 12 now (I saved a pair of jeans from that time and I'll know when I get back in them what size I really want to be)...what the fashion industry has done to us...
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I was a size 4 like 6 years ago and I was sooo unhealthy! I am just trying to be a 8/10 right now cause I am a size 12.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I know! Some of the sizes people say they are sound crazy to me. When I get to the right spot on the BMI scale, I will be a size 14/16 at about 150 pounds (height is 5'8"). I have seen people who are 150 claim to be a size 6 or 8. How could that be?? Are they 10 feet tall? :laugh: :laugh:
    It's just how you're built (and perhaps where you shop?). :smile:
    The last time I was a size 8 was about 3 years ago, when I weighed 155. Right now, I'm 170 and size 12 (10 in everything but my waist).
    So true about where you shop. When I shop at Macy's I wear a few sizes smaller.
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I would live to be size 11!!! ..and i will get there :) i love my curves
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I don't understand what's wrong with being small? I'm a size 0 (at 5'8") and have been from my lowest weight to my highest weight. I know that not everyone can be smaller sizes due to their bone structure but that doesn't mean that people need to discriminate those who can.
  • beachloe
    beachloe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be a healthy weight. With my body type, a size 2 is not possible. I'll be thrilled at size 8 to 10!
  • CarrieMyPhilos
    CarrieMyPhilos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to be an US size 6. I've never aspired to be a 0 or a 2, personally - at 5'8, I think that would be a bit too thin for me.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    BMI and clothes size are both poor rulers for measuring your goal, in my opinion. I personally have a goal weight and body fat percent and a goal resting heart rate.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I know! Some of the sizes people say they are sound crazy to me. When I get to the right spot on the BMI scale, I will be a size 14/16 at about 150 pounds (height is 5'8"). I have seen people who are 150 claim to be a size 6 or 8. How could that be?? Are they 10 feet tall? :laugh: :laugh:

No, they just have less body fat than you do :wink:

I really doubt that. In my younger years (20s and 30s) I was rail thin at 133 pounds and still wore a size 11/12. This answer, stated as fact, is condescending and baseless, as is the :wink:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'd like to echo the OP's who said that being a size 2 doesn't mean you have no curves. I'm a size 2 - never set out to be this size - just happened this way. I've developed some decent curves from weight training. Size doesn't dictate whether you have curves or not.
  • whitm2103
    whitm2103 Posts: 41
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I just bought pants for work that are a size 2. I was so happy. Last year I was a size 7. I think anybody can be whatever size they want to be, its just depends on how lazy they are. I go to the gym every day and burn at least 800 calories a day on a machine. I still feel I have more to lose cause my boyfriend did point out yesterday, after he told me to flex my stomach while laying by the pool that I do have a 6 pack under a thin layer of fat on my stomach. So close!
  • whitm2103
    whitm2103 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'd like to echo the OP's who said that being a size 2 doesn't mean you have no curves. I'm a size 2 - never set out to be this size - just happened this way. I've developed some decent curves from weight training. Size doesn't dictate whether you have curves or not.

True that! You get out what you put into it
  • lookslikelacey
    lookslikelacey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't care what number is on my jeans. I just want to look BANGIN' naked! >_<
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A comfortable size 8 would do. Even 6. Im a 10 now for the most part.