What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    i just squeeze half of a lime, lots of fresh ground pepper and salt...yummmm!

That sounds good!
  • fattytatty88
    fattytatty88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fat free French... Yummmmmy :happy:
  • mojdehyazdani
    Options
    Balsamic vinegrette
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I love Berensteins Parmesan Garlic Ranch(spelling is lacking but you get the idea;)
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    sorry i cannot give you any help in this area. i find that dressings take away from the wonderful natural taste of veggies
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I found a dressing (after looking for about 30min at all the labels) that has very low calories, sodium and fat...
    it's olde cape cod brand and is called all natural sweet and sour poppyseed light :)

in 2 servings (4TBSP!!)
    it has:
    160 calories
    20 carbs
    8 fat
    0 protein
    80 sodium
    0 fiber

Now I realize that's not good that great in fat/carbs BUT it's a lot better than ranch and that newman's own has in one serving! (I used to eat that all the time too!

Also, I've been topping my salads with Almond Accents brand almonds zero salt added and it's absolutely delish!
  • davenportk83
    davenportk83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    After a long search for a creamy dressing..................Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch, only 45 calories for 2 TBSP has saved me from other lowfat tasteless ranch dressings.

I also love Walden Farms Lime Basil and their Raspberry Vinagrette.

My favorite Salsa is homemade and I often make it myself just for side salad, but when I don't have time I really enjoy Great Value (Walmart brand) Lime and Garlic Salsa with chips or with salad and it is only 15 calories for 2 TBSP. YUM!
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 1 tbs of ranch & 1 tbs of sweet & tangy french. I also dip my fork in the dressing then get a bite of salad. I only use about a tbs of what I make. I just make sure to log it.
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    Just balsamic or 'light' French vinaigrette (sp?).
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    None, I eat it to enjoy the taste of the salad :wink:
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Newman's lite balsamic vinagrette or Wishbone light Italian. Sometimes I just use pace picante.
  • srose91
    srose91 Posts: 6
    Options
    Lemon, seeded mustard & olive oil!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Italian. And I put it on the side and dip it.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love Kraft Zesty Italian Lite.25cals/2T. I usually like a lot of dressing but I have no problem sticking to the 2 T. It has lots of flavor. I love salad but I don't like it plain.
  • amberlitaaa
    Options
    I use cottage cheese sometimes as my "dressing", or I'll mix 2 tsps. of dressing packets with chobani. I've also mixed 2 tbsps. of hummus with chobani, lemon and dill for dressing as well. I like to be a little creative with my salad toppings. :wink:
  • newzuri
    newzuri Posts: 2
    Options
    I realized that the salad dressing Raspberry Vinigerrette in fat free is only 5 calories, which means I can put up to 10 calories worth without my salad being dry.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like wishbone redwine vinegrette and I also like wishbone buffalo ranch light (just discovered this and I love it).
  • Chillyw
    Chillyw Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We have about ten to twelve food trucks that come to our office for lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays. One I ate at today is a salad truck. Had an Apple and pecan salad with pomegranate vinaigrette dressing. Was delicious!