Fruit: Yes or No?

Options

Replies

• bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I try to have a ruby red grapefruit, an apple and some pineapple every day. I continue to lose weight just fine.
  • winninga
    winninga Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    All I know is that fruit makes me poop, so I'm going to keep on eating it. :flowerforyou:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Here's what Katrina has to say about that...

tumblr_m30l5xVT6Q1qmib1so1_250.giftumblr_m30l5xVT6Q1qmib1so2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m30l5xVT6Q1qmib1so3_250.giftumblr_m30l5xVT6Q1qmib1so4_250.gif

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/katrina-hodgson-tone-it-up/5/148/b8a
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Fruit is great! And yummy, and full of vitamins. Eat it!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I say yes! It is full of good-for-you vitamins and has natural sugars. No way I could give that up!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Dude. Fruit is awesome.

Well put. Fruits and veggies are integral to great health.
  • melissa10666
    Options
    No one got fat eating a picece of fruit.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love how some quote exceptions as if it's the rule. Yes, clearly the health problem in America (and around the world) is due to our level of fruit intake. /sarcasm

Enjoy your strawberries for breakfast ... anybody that tells you to eliminate fruit outside 'real' medical conditions or allergies is being ridiculous. Do I recommend eating a 6 pints of strawberries a day ... umm ... no.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY! Eat some fruit! Two-four servings a day and mix it up, different colors, different types. There is so much nutrition in every bite that you are not doing your body any favors by skipping it.
  • winabe1
    winabe1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Fruit is very healthy obviously, I am sure your training is not intending for you not to eat fruit forever. My nutritionist suggested me to eat only 1 fruit a day until I get to the desire weight. Eat the lowest glycemik fruit out there, berrys are part of it. Keep up your good work!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what anyone else says about fruit, it's MY body and i know what works for me so I say yes! I tend to have 2 1/2 servings of fruit per day, not including what's in my Shakeology and I don't have excess body fat b/c I weight train and it's not refined sugars! Rule of thumb, listen to your body. And food is also to enjoy...not just for fuel lol. Strawberries are among the things that are great and right with this world lol
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmm YES ~ Hello?
  • beachloe
    beachloe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fruit is good!
  • MMoriarty2012
    Options
    As part of my more healthy lifestyle change, I'm a believer in the Harvard version of the healthy eating plate. :smile:

Harvard_healthy-eating-plate-600_605.jpg
    http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/09/harvard-serves-up-its-own-plate/?utm_content
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone i think the resounding overall answer here is ALMOST EVERYONE SAYS YES.... Do you really think one more comment is going to make or break this persons decision?

#End threads when they need to be ended
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone i think the resounding overall answer here is ALMOST EVERYONE SAYS YES.... Do you really think one more comment is going to make or break this persons decision?

Fruits are going to kill you!!!

Keep this thread open we have some dissent!!
    LOL!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I think there are worse things you could be eating.
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Fruits are going to kill you!!!

Keep this thread open we have some dissent!!
    LOL!
    I LoL'ed
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm not a trainer or a nutritionist. I know that there is the whole sugar controversy thing and the "you need this specific formula to shed fat and build muscle" thing. How many people do you know that got fat from eating too many fruits and veggies? Honestly? I'd be a size 5 if I could give up bananas? Please. I would lose weight if I cut processed food from my diet. Sugars are bad, but I'd worry about what's in the processed foods. Not whats in the fruit. That's just my opinion. :)
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    YES!! For breakfast, for snacks, etc. Try for at least three a day on top of 3-4 veggies a day and all in the fresh variety. Would it be better to grab a snack of chips or candy or a strawberry or grapes?