Facebook or MFP? Which do you prefer? Better friends?

Options
hi all,

i have gotten to the point where i really dont go on fb as often since i have discovered mfp. I started with zero friends now i have many. I have a large handful that i would even trust to watch my dog for an afternoon. I have a smaller group that have been super supportive and i know we would be great friends outside of mfp as well and i am sure there are many others that would fall into this category that i havent gotten to know yet.

Kinda sick of fb. Half my friends on there i really have nothing in common with and it would be torture to sit at starbucks with them for 15 mins. So mfp gets my vote. They should add a like button however.

Replies

• HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot more time here than on FB, but I do like FB for keeping up with my friends that live far away. But yeah, day to day, I think I'm in the same boat as you. This place has some great people :smile:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No contest.....MFP rocks!
    Facebook is where I share photos with the family and friends, and that's it.
    I have 3700+ friends and yet MFP is the staple of true support in my life.

There isn't a day that passes where I am not tempted to deactivate FB.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options

agree... MFP is way better :)
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I deactivated my fb so I'm only on mfp and twitter.
    In all honestly, I'm not super close with fb friends. They are 1) Happy fatties or 2) naturally thin so it's hard to relate to them when it comes to trying to be healthier (hitting the gym and watching what I eat).
  • Sardine239
    Sardine239 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Do it! You will NEVER regret it! I'm 6 months free and I have never missed it!

So yeah, I obviously think MFP is better.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I deleted my FB account at the beginning of the year, so it's MFP for me!

Facebook has breaks too many privacy laws and anything anyone can randomly post on there can ruin your life. No thanks.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

^^ this

I prefer MFP.

I enjoy sharing my pictures and stuff on facebook at times, but MFP is more of a positive atmosphere. I am empowered by many posts (including Bobby's!) and I love celebrating the little victories with my friends here! I do share on facebook what I'm doing as far as my weight loss, but I feel like I have more support here (even though I do have a great group of people on FB who do encourage me and love seeing my posts).
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    I deactivated my FB after a month on here. I didn't really know or care for most of the friends I had on FB, and even though I don't personally know any of my friends on here, I feel like I connect with this community so much better. The whole purpose of this place is optimism, so MFP will always get my vote! :D
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I went on Facebook...
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    MFP all the way! I talk more to strangers on here than my "real life" friends on FB...and i've realized i prefer it that way.
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My Facebook is gone... everyone on there either boasts about their lives (more like playing it up) or talk about all their miserable experiences. Life isn't that bad.

I want positivity in my life. :flowerforyou:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I posted a few times and upload 3 pictures from my trail run this weekend. To face book, I wrote "in the woods."
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I deleted my FB, most liberating thing I've done. Such a relief to not have to deal with FB drama, everyone up in your business. MFP and Twitter are where it's at.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I used to have a facebook but don't really like it. mfp is good for the most part accept on the forums in most theres a lot of anger and hostility. the friends I have are great
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Definitely MFP! I’m on here every day and post way more on here than I do on Facebook… Facebook bores me a bit now..Plus we all have a common goal on here so can support each other..People on Facebook wouldn’t give two hoots how far I’d run or how many calories I’d burnt!!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    MFP.. Yes better supportive friends on here. I still play on facebook, but mostly for games that's it.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump just to see responses. A few of my pals were discussing just that recently. I hardly ever go on fb anymore since joining MFP.
    I go on fb just to see Grandbabies pictures that are posted my family .I have a great group of PALS and I do consider them, as I always tell them..."MY DEAR FRIEND" when posting. Yep, I'd trust most of them with my dogs too and a heck of a lot of them with my grandbabies...The 2 Grandbabies have grown up with my Pals.:) Tks for posting and sharing your thoughts. :)

BTW, they need a like button here or at the minimum a LOVE button......lol
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have it just for distant family and friends. There is also a few people that encourage me with some of the pics THEY post. lol But I like MFP alot better simply because I get more encouragement and motivation from more people. Oh, and I can get on it at work!! lol
  • leenie96
    leenie96 Posts: 65
    Options
    Definitely agree with everyone. There aren't a lot of people on fb that can relate to my journey, and if I post about it, there isn't much support. The MFP community just gets it!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    MFP is by far better, and people dont yell at me about my fitness posts ;)