40's and FABULOUS!

Options

Replies

• TinaInFlorida
    TinaInFlorida Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just turned 41! Definitely don't feel like I'm in my 40's. Rejoined MFP a few weeks ago and love all the motivation and success stories! Looking forward to finally hitting my goal.
  • TinaInFlorida
    TinaInFlorida Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 August 12! :flowerforyou:

I started this in Feb. as a birthday present to myself...and I've lost over 70 lbs! My 40's are going to be amazing and I am looking forward to every single year!

You all look gorgeous...love this site!

You've done AMAZING!!! Any tips you can share? I seem to be at a stand still.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    42 here, feel free to add me fellow fortiers! Parchute pants optional
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Turning 40 August 12! :flowerforyou:

I started this in Feb. as a birthday present to myself...and I've lost over 70 lbs! My 40's are going to be amazing and I am looking forward to every single year!

You all look gorgeous...love this site!

You've done AMAZING!!! Any tips you can share? I seem to be at a stand still.

Thank you! I've just been trying to stay consistent. I've cut out pretty much all processed foods, stay fairly low fat and drink a ton of water. I walk 2.3 miles (my neighborhood loop) three times a week. My walk is not your normal walk, though...it's a b*tch! We live in the start of the Ozarks, and our house is at the top of a huge hill...I walk down and then up this 1,000 ft incline and it kicks my rear each time. I have a love/hate relationship with it! I also haven't restricted anything from my diet...if I feel like I want something sweet or "bad," I will eat it - but watch my portions. I have noticed though, that since I have been eating cleaner, my body does not like it if I eat junk, so I've learned that the four or five hours of stomach-ache afterwards is not worth it. I've had several weeks scattered throughout when the scale doesn't move, so I shook things up a bit by eating over my calories for three/four days and then going back to within my goal. That seemed to get things moving again. Good luck to you!
  • HappyMarisol
    Options
    <--- 43 ;-)

I belive I feel better and more confident in my 40's. I call it the Flirty Forty's!
    I am on my lifestyle change journey. I choice activities to make my active lifestye fun. I love to jog, so I jog everyday, hike or interval training everyday. The hike is never less than 1.5 hours long. I hike uphill (1800 foot incline) for the first 2.5 miles. Than I dance Salsa. I rest one day from my interval training.

Fun activities helped me burn close to 1300 calories yesterday. Morning run, Hike, and Salsa for two hours. (Total Cardio activities 4 hours).

Who said working out is not fun ;-)

~ Marisol
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    45 here.

God knows how I got trapped inside this wrinkly and grey haired old bloke...luckily I get to wear a mask, so I dont scare the locals too much as I totter around on my zimmer frame.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    44 next month and lovin' it. I'm in better shape now than I was in my 30's and have more muscle than when I was in my 20's...now with the shaved head all my teenage daughter's friends are scared of me because I look like a biker dude...ha!!! WIN!!!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I am 47, and I am not fabulous, I am Elenathegreat. :bigsmile:
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    42 here, feel free to add me fellow fortiers! Parchute pants optional

LMAO!! I LOVED parachute pants!! The more zippers on them the better!! Went great with my BIG hair!!
  • 20ac
    20ac Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started today and have 5 months before I will be fit fab and 40!!!!!
  • Lucie_L00
    Lucie_L00 Posts: 53
    Options
    44 next month and lovin' it. I'm in better shape now than I was in my 30's and have more muscle than when I was in my 20's...now with the shaved head all my teenage daughter's friends are scared of me because I look like a biker dude...ha!!! WIN!!!
    dammmmn youre sooooooo freaking handsome!!!!!!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    I'm 40, going to be 41 in October....still feel young and enjoying life.....:drinker:
  • beatlesfan31
    beatlesfan31 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Turned 42 this month and I am stronger than ever. I'm just getting better with age, I guess.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    My 40s are proving to be better than my teens, 20s, & 30s.. LOVE being 40!..
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    46 and still ticking (and creaking) :wink:

I am in the best shape of my life, too. Yay us!!!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    46 - feeling 24.
  • PTMama0614
    PTMama0614 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree! Age is nothing but a number and like many here, I am in the best shape of my life. Yes, I do have to work harder at it to maintain my weight loss but the benefits far outweight the work! I have more energy which is very important since I have a very hectic life. I want to know that when it's time for me to retire, I will have the energy to do the things I want to! I ran my first half-marathon at the age of 44 and did it in under 2 hours! That was a huge accomplishment for me since I couldn't even run 3 miles before. So for all you 40 somethings, keep it up because staying healthy is the best thing we can do for ourselves. Oh and by the way, I turned 46 last month! :happy:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 next month...not sure what 42 is supposed to feel like, but regardless, I feel AWESOME! :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    40 in February with an 18 year old son.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    44, but I still act like a 12-year old!