For cryin' out loud. I eat pasta, fast food and ice cream!

Options

Replies

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    zKUdK.jpg

I can haz whole category? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm in love. :drinker:
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    I love lots of bad foods... the ones I no longer eat are not because I subscribe to a "diet", but because they're made of nothing real. While I do on rare occasions eat potato chips and things like that, for the most part I dont eat them any more... not because I think Ill get fat from them but because they're garbage simple and plain. I changed the way I eat to be healthier, not just toned... and unfortunately most of the "taste" amazing foods are so mechanically altered and full of preservatives and totally unhealthy things that in my opinion they have no place in my temple and I choose not to eat them.
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, I am on this earth to live life to it's fullest and not be deprived anything that I really want. I have something sweet almost every day. I eat what I want and come in under calories everyday. All it takes is planning.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Would be nice to see your cholesterol levels with the amount of Big Macs you eat every week.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I want to meet these people that were obese. not overweight, not high normal, OBESE at one time and ate clean all the way to goal. Not clean eating at goal, clean eating during their loss...all the way to goaI. Not halfway to goal and eating clean. ALL THE WAY.

And I'm talking losing 50 pounds or more. I'm not talking about those that were at the high end of normal or even overweight. I'm talking O.FREAKING.BESE. Because I'm kinda thinking that most of the clean eating harpies never really had huge weight problems to begin with.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I see way more "moderation" obese to normal weight success stories than I do, clean eating. The clean eaters either didn't have all that much to lose to begin with, or lost it with moderation and switched closer to/at goal. Which is fine.

Flame away, IDGAF.

I know I only had 69 lbs to lose so I don't qualify for your search, but I have lost 53 eating clean, start to finish, and I saw a post yesterday of a girl who had lost over 150 lbs eating pure clean eating the entire time, not one cheat. She was awesome, I'll see if I can find it for you!!

I undesrtand that these people exist, I don't think they are the norm. Sorry.

TRUE! I'm not content being "the norm", I want to be amazing :) I think therein lies the difference!

Considering I've spent most of my 36 years being subnormal (poor, mental illness, uneducated, overweight), normal is looking pretty effing good right now. As if being "amazing" is measured by what I put in my mouth...
  • fitterhappiermoreproductive
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I am the same exact way. Eat all I want, just work that much more to earn it. (There's just no way ever I can give up choco chip cookies and pizza :love: )

I can't give up chocolate chip cookies either...I was able to avoid them when ordering Subway sandwiches...until two days ago when they came fresh out of the oven.... O_O
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I want to meet these people that were obese. not overweight, not high normal, OBESE at one time and ate clean all the way to goal. Not clean eating at goal, clean eating during their loss...all the way to goaI. Not halfway to goal and eating clean. ALL THE WAY.

And I'm talking losing 50 pounds or more. I'm not talking about those that were at the high end of normal or even overweight. I'm talking O.FREAKING.BESE. Because I'm kinda thinking that most of the clean eating harpies never really had huge weight problems to begin with.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I see way more "moderation" obese to normal weight success stories than I do, clean eating. The clean eaters either didn't have all that much to lose to begin with, or lost it with moderation and switched closer to/at goal. Which is fine.

Flame away, IDGAF.

I know I only had 69 lbs to lose so I don't qualify for your search, but I have lost 53 eating clean, start to finish, and I saw a post yesterday of a girl who had lost over 150 lbs eating pure clean eating the entire time, not one cheat. She was awesome, I'll see if I can find it for you!!

TRUE! I'm not content being "the norm", I want to be amazing :) I think therein lies the difference!

Considering I've spent most of my 36 years being subnormal (poor, mental illness, uneducated, overweight), normal is looking pretty effing good right now. As if being "amazing" is measured by what I put in my mouth...

I'm sorry that you have had that bad life. I too have been dealt a crappy health hand, BUT I've made my life amazing by the choices I make and what I stick in my mouth is a big part of that!! If you're happy, then I'm happy for you. I didn't reply to argue!! best of luck!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What the hell is "clean" food anyway? Every time I think something's clean I get attacked saying that nooooo that'll make you faaaaat. I wash my veggies before cooking them, does that make them clean? Maybe I should just drink water for the rest of my life, unless well water will make me fat too. :/

Clean food is food that is right out of the ground. Or food that has a parent.

So meat, fruit and veggies and that's it? No olive oil? No natural cheeses? No bread at all? Even whole grain breads? Not a lot of room for variety. :/

Ummm....Olive oil comes from olives, which come off trees, which are from the ground......Cheese is a product of an animal that had a parent......whole grains, again, come out of the ground.

Just sayin'

So deep fried butter in duck fat would be clean? butter comes from cows, the batter is flour and water or beer and the fat is from an animal?

Again, moderation.....I do cook with butter. Often. I cook fresh vegetables in organic butter and serve them with wild caught seafood and whole grain pasta. I've lost 90 pounds, I've gone from not being able to run 100 feet to completing a half marathon and a full marathon. I've lowered my blood pressure, my cholesterol, my blood sugar and I'm no longer at risk for heart disease.

I also don't claim to be a 100% clean eater. I like Mounds Ice Cream bars....they're effing delicious! I have one every other week. I have my huge, full fat Starbucks drink with whipped cream (roughly 500 calories of Heaven) once a month. THAT is an occasional treat.

A Big Mac every other day or ice cream every single night is not "moderation" nor is is "occasional". That was my only point in response to the OP.

Way to avoid the question
  • MattySparky
    Options

Flame away, IDGAF.

"I want to see an example of someone who lost a lot of weight eating clean." *get an example* "But they're not the norm!"

Mediocrity is the norm.

Sorry I didn't word it properly. Trying to make a point which is quickly becoming lost, that's fine.

If I am mediocre, then I am mediocre.

probably the reason you see more people losing weight eating unclean (and yes of course it can be done) is because it's easier. I say bravo to either method but the people I really have a lot of respect for are the ones who eat clean because at the end of the day IT'S F'ING HARD NOT TO JUST STAY WITHIN YOUR CALORIES BUT EAT WHAT YOU WANT TO GET TO A HEALTHIER BODY WEIGHT!!! Yes we all know that we can lose fat by calorie defecit, but in my opinion this DOES NOT mean you are healthier if your calories are made up of unhealthy foods. So cheers to the clean eaters, you have a **** tonne of willpower and BOO to the nay sayers that just dont have the guts and balls to stick it out on a REAL HEALTHY clean diet.
  • ClubbT
    ClubbT Posts: 5
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • DelilahCat0212
    Options
    Clean eating to lose = amazeballs
    Moderation to lose = mediocre

/end thread

*takes planned piece of PMS chocolate pound cake off of diary for the day*
  • DelilahCat0212
    Options

Flame away, IDGAF.

"I want to see an example of someone who lost a lot of weight eating clean." *get an example* "But they're not the norm!"

Mediocrity is the norm.

Sorry I didn't word it properly. Trying to make a point which is quickly becoming lost, that's fine.

If I am mediocre, then I am mediocre.

probably the reason you see more people losing weight eating unclean (and yes of course it can be done) is because it's easier. I say bravo to either method but the people I really have a lot of respect for are the ones who eat clean because at the end of the day IT'S F'ING HARD NOT TO JUST STAY WITHIN YOUR CALORIES BUT EAT WHAT YOU WANT TO GET TO A HEALTHIER BODY WEIGHT!!! Yes we all know that we can lose fat by calorie defecit, but in my opinion this DOES NOT mean you are healthier if your calories are made up of unhealthy foods. So cheers to the clean eaters, you have a **** tonne of willpower and BOO to the nay sayers that just dont have the guts and balls to stick it out on a REAL HEALTHY clean diet.

Who are you yelling at? I am assuming it's me since you quoted me?

So are the 80/20 people not healthy?
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Again, moderation.....I do cook with butter. Often. I cook fresh vegetables in organic butter and serve them with wild caught seafood and whole grain pasta. I've lost 90 pounds, I've gone from not being able to run 100 feet to completing a half marathon and a full marathon. I've lowered my blood pressure, my cholesterol, my blood sugar and I'm no longer at risk for heart disease.

I also don't claim to be a 100% clean eater. I like Mounds Ice Cream bars....they're effing delicious! I have one every other week. I have my huge, full fat Starbucks drink with whipped cream (roughly 500 calories of Heaven) once a month. THAT is an occasional treat.

A Big Mac every other day or ice cream every single night is not "moderation" nor is is "occasional". That was my only point in response to the OP.

This!! :-)

Just to add, I've been following this, and we all have different views on food and different goals.
    As mentioned earlier, I am not just trying to lose weight, I'm trying to get healthier and more fit (want to lower cholesterol, blood pressure, have more energy, etc), so I'm trying to eat cleaner.
    But I allow myself 'treats' in moderation (moderation in portion control AND HOW OFTEN) but when I do this, I still watch my macros. But the cleaner you eat, the less you crave. And my cravings have greatly reduced since joining MFP and I feel so much better!

But all of us being here is the right place to achieve our goals. Whatever works for each of us as individuals...
  • MattySparky
    Options
    Clean eating to lose = amazeballs
    Moderation to lose = mediocre

/end thread

booya baby, my point of view exactly... to the neigh sayers: Pony up and eat clean... you will actually be healthier not just kinda look it.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Just going to throw this out there -- not against anyone or judging but this might blow up in my face

Starting weight plays a role in how quickly weight is loss right off the bat. I'd like to see how eating fast food works and what happens when the first plateau is hit as the weight drops closer to the normal range....
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    That may have worked for your first 60 lbs, but your last 60 will be more difficult to shed. When you start to plateau, put down the big mac and pick up clean eating magazine...
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What the hell is "clean" food anyway? Every time I think something's clean I get attacked saying that nooooo that'll make you faaaaat. I wash my veggies before cooking them, does that make them clean? Maybe I should just drink water for the rest of my life, unless well water will make me fat too. :/

Clean food is food that is right out of the ground. Or food that has a parent.

How can meat be a clean food? One hamburger can contain body parts from 100 different cows and then is washed with ammonia! I guess eating ammonia is clean! LOL

Yeah...as if there are actually some people out there who purchase beef cattle from a farmer they know who raises cattle on grassy pastures...and then pay a processor to grind certain cuts of meat to their specifications...or even grind their own at home.

Oh, wait. These people actually do exist. But since not *everyone* does it this way, then it can't possibly be true that *some* people do?

False dichotomies FTW!

A little off topic, but I've recently started grinding beef at home and it tastes far superior to the ground beef you buy at the supermarket.

All you really need is a food processor (my neighbor does it in her Vitamix blender). There is a good America's Test Kitchen video on how to do this at home: http://www.americastestkitchen.com/video/index.php?document_activeCategoryName_2_10_0_mv=episode&document_season_i=12&docid=36725

All this talk of hamburgers makes me want to go out and buy some beef to grind :-)

Edit: Just FYI, my husband and I are the "slim athletic" type (neither has ever been overweight) and we regularly consume pasta, hamburgers, ice cream, chocolate, pizza, etc. We typically make our own pasta, bread, hamburgers, and pizza (some of the items that I've seen demonized on this thread). Our portions are normal (no "never ending pasta bowl" in our house). Additionally, we eat tons of fruit and veggies with each meal, and only rarely consume "fast food" (In 'N Out Burger is a family weakness). I am definitely a proponent of everything in moderation.
  • MattySparky
    Options

lol I just have typing tourettes
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Just going to throw this out there -- not against anyone or judging but this might blow up in my face

Starting weight plays a role in how quickly weight is loss right off the bat. I'd like to see how eating fast food works and what happens when the first plateau is hit as the weight drops closer to the normal range....

that's exactly what I've been trying to say for 2 posts now. I gave up.
  • DelilahCat0212
    Options

lol I just have typing tourettes

answer my question?