one year later and 81lbs lighter!! Thanks MFP

Replies

• rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    You have accomplished a great deal, and tell your story with such care and wisdom that I honestly thought you were someone much older. Who knows... maybe you are, but you look like you are barely old enough to drink, which I must deduce that you are, since you said that you went to colleve. =)

Thank you for sharing your story, and your encouragement with all of us!:flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    wow great job! u look amazing!!!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Congratulations!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Amazing job! You must feel awesome!! Good for you!
  • kimmiej0
    kimmiej0 Posts: 10 Member
    What an inspiration you are! You have done a fantastic job of finding yourself! I look forward to doing the same, thanks for sharing your wonderful story!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Great job! You look wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • kayish
    kayish Posts: 39 Member
    You look fantastic! :)
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Thats awesome, and you are so cute!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Very well done! Congratulations.
  • curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    You have accomplished a great deal, and tell your story with such care and wisdom that I honestly thought you were someone much older. Who knows... maybe you are, but you look like you are barely old enough to drink, which I must deduce that you are, since you said that you went to colleve. =)

Thank you for sharing your story, and your encouragement with all of us!:flowerforyou:

Haha. Im 24 years old! def old enough to drink. I have a baby face. People tend to think im 12! My mother looks really young as well. It's genetic. :)
  • curlysue06
    Your accomplishments this past year have been amazing. I loved reading your post it was very inspirational and motivational. Yes, do feel proud of yourself and your transformation. I too hope to be able to write down my accomplishments July 1, 2013. (Weight loss goal is -77 lbs)

Im looking forward to reading your success story on July 1, 2013! :)
  • curlysue06
    I wish MFP had some of the features as facebook such as liking comments and personally responding to each one. Thank you so much for the support and kind words. Thanks for taking the time to read my story! I PROMISE this is possible! you can do it. A year ago i thought id never be posting in the success forum but here i am. It wont be easy as. a matter of fact, losing weight is going to be the hardest thing youll have to do but you will be successful!

Create a healthy eating plan- remember youre doing this to be healthy NOT skinny. I say that because many believe you have to go on a crazy diet. NO. If you cook and eat healthier, youll drop the weight fast. **Once you have your goal weight in mind, calculate and figure out how many calories youre supposed to be eating if you were at that healthy weight... for instance: my goal is to be 135lb... since ive started ive been consuming 1580 calories (for the most part ive stucked pretty close to it!!) Ive lost weight and im not starving myself... Most importantly i get to enjoy food and not some crazy diet fad food.

Exercise- You must be active. i at least try to workout 3-5 days a week. It just depends on what i have going on... but on the days im not working out. Im still moving. I dont sit all day! So just get your body moving. Youll find how much your body loves to move!

keep in mind, losing weight is 70% eating right and 30 % working out.

there will be times you will goof up and have a bad day... but remember: it's just that, a bad day! Nothing more. So don't let that bad day ruin your overall progress. get up the next day and try again...

Lastly, remind yourself on a daily basis that youre amazing and deserve to be the best you can be... not what the world tells you or what your own little negative angel is telling you. You are worth so much to this world.

Keep going and keeping trying...

Excellent results, progress, and advice, and attitude, and patience, and endurance, and whatever else I'm missing.

Keep up the good work, look forward to seeing the final results topic in about, oh, 6 months share we say?

Thank you so much!!! I hope sooner than 6months! :))
  • curlysue06
    Great, great work. Your story really resonated with me as I've always been big and proud too. This MFP journey makes me consider it as being healthier and prouder. KUDOS:bigsmile:

EXACTLY! It's about being healthy. Big and proud just cant cut it for me anymore. I want to live a long healthy life. I DESERVE to be better and treat myself much better. :) Rock on !
  • curlysue06
    You are wise beyond your years! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your inspiring story. To see your discoveries of both your physical and mental state are amazing. I bet there isnt' anything you can't conquer now! You learned in a year what many people never realize in a lifetime. Simply amazing.

Thank you. But i have so much more to learn in this life. and i am so excited to see what my future holds! Thanks for taking the time to read and support me!!! :)))
  • curlysue06
    The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph”.
    Love that! What an inspiration! My goal is to go from 230 to 175 - and it seems so huge to me! It really helps to know it can be done - and in a year? Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Youll succeed! Trust me. If you stick to this youll be amazed at how far youll go!
  • curlysue06
    Your post made me cry! I am so happy for you and I think you are a very smart girl to start this journey early in your life as opposed to waiting till you are in your 40's to try to change your life. Thank you for helping to inspire me today!

True but i def think older people who are changing their lives are going to have an even more learning experience than me... :) Youre going to learn sooooooo much.
  • curlysue06
    Im sorry i couldnt reply to each of you personally. But i want to say THANK YOU! You all made me feel so much more happier about this accomplishment and life-changing experience. Im so thankful for MFP. Thank you for taking the time read my story and for supporting me. I am forever changed because of this.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Well done Curly Sue and well said! You have inspired many with your post....myself included!
  • chrism14
    chrism14 Posts: 83 Member
    You look beautiful - thank you for sharing your story with us, best of luck as you continue your journey :smile:
  • CME76
    CME76 Posts: 7 Member
    What a great testimony you have! You are an inspiration not only for your weight loss but for your attitude. May God bless you in all your future endeavors.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!