COFFEE LOVERS - Anyone given it up?

Options

Replies

• Puddles0308
    Options
    I could never give it up. I cut back to 1 cup per day and completely cut out the cream and sugar. Only use 1% milk now.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    nope, not at all, I just don't use the creamers as much, but I still have my pot or two on the weekends, and normal amount during the week, I choose to "spend" my cals on that, doesn't work out to be too much :smile:
  • myf1101
    myf1101 Posts: 99
    Options
    I could never give up coffee. I drink 6-7 cups a day with no sugar and semi skimmed milk. All these are logged properly, but without coffee I would be a divorcee whose children have abandoned her. I tried to give up coffee once and my husbad described me as a rotweiller on heat - I'd rather stay normal (ish)
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have an espresso, some to most mornings, and i've found that adding hazelnut milk gives it a great flavour and cuts out regular milk calories and fat.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    LOVE my coffee, but I seem to be losing my taste for it. I don't know if it is for the fact that I'm eating breakfast regularly or if it is the combo of that and the vitamin supplements.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    During the week I usually only have one cup of coffee and a cup of hot tea at work.. :drinker: I drink alot of water during the day as well..
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am not giving up my coffee until the doctor says it's life-threatening. For me, coffee is more important than chocolate.

I did, however, change to black unsweetened coffee. Just good quality strong black hot coffee.

Besides, without any sugar or milk/cream in it, a cup of coffee is only 5 kcal, why would I ever cut that minuscule amount out? it's not going to matter at all to my calorie goal and it keeps me happy like nothing else on the planet.
  • plevas20
    plevas20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've tried to give it up many times... Its such a challenge. To try to get through the headaches and lack of energy. I'm trying to get into shape so that I will have extra energy. I've always been busy and relied on Coffee. Usually working at least two jobs. I'm proud to say I'm now down to 2 cups a day!
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    "Turkish people claimed coffee to be an aphrodisiac and husbands kept their wives well supplied. If the husband refused, it was a legitimate cause for a wife to divorce!"

Not after reading this!!!!
    java.gif

Coffee is a great kick start in the morning for me. The health food store near me carries this http://teeccino.com/ i use it when i want to have something warm at night. It has almost the same flavour as coffee, and is great for those with acid reflux.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I WILL NOT give up my coffee! lol :) I already gave up almost everything that is bad before me, that is one thing if I dont get, I become a cranky cranky person.
  • racemary
    racemary Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I miss coffee! Had to give it up because I have IBS. I replaced coffee with green tea. It's much healthier and gives energy for longer. I drink about 3 cups a day. Result: much less stomach pain, no more coffee breath :) it took me a while to get used to it. But I can't have black tea or milk either.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have one cup of coffee a day. The rest of the time I drink water or tea.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    sip sip ahhhh no not givin it up...but I really should.
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Options
    Are you KIDDING????? People could DIE if I didn't have my super-size double shot skinny cappuccino on the way to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I gave it up.

The benefits? My teeth are much much whiter than they were, and it's less sugar for me.
    I replaced my coffee with Lipton Island Mango & Peach White Tea-Pyramid Tea Bags. Every week I try to try a different tea, but this one has been my favorite.
  • Trojanlc75
    Trojanlc75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am wondering why you would want to. Coffee has very little calories, 2 per cup max. It provides health benefits. Use real sugar (much better than artificial stuff) if you need to, it only has 16 calories per serving. All the pick-me up and a little sweet for max 18 calories!
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Drinking a cup right now.... I can't give that up.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I won't be giving it up. I see more and more reports that it's good for you.
  • acarmickle1
    Options
    I agree, but I have found a lot of recipesfor making them at home!!!! :)
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    Options
    I just switched to Truvia v. Sugar and Silk Light v. 2% Milk. Coffee is the only part of my morning I enjoy.