COFFEE LOVERS - Anyone given it up?

Options

Replies

• krisaddress
    krisaddress Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk with a shot of coffee... its also sweet enough that I dont need to add sugar like I usually do.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My co-workers would be in serious danger if I gave up coffee. I'm not kidding...SERIOUS danger!! So for the safety of others I think its best that I still drink my morning cup of joe!
  • LindaZ5
    LindaZ5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee! I would not give it up. I have 2 cups in the morning and a cup after work. I have changed to fat free half and half or skim milk.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying to stick to black tea...but when i get back to the States ( in Thailand now ) i am jumping on the first cuppa joe i see!!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I cut out coffee, and replaced it with water.
  • Munchkinated
    Options
    I tried.. didn't work :laugh:
  • runslf
    runslf Posts: 5
    Options
    If you can get to where you drink it w/o the sugar, it's not too bad.

An iced coffee at Starbucks, w/o any sweetner is very low in calories. Even with the 2% milk (creamy helps make up for the lack of sugar!) is 80 calories.

I don't use any sugar or substitutes in my coffee. Black with a little real cream. Comes out to about 30-40 calories a cup, depending on how much cream I use. I have 1-2 in the morning, and then an unsweetened iced coffee from a coffee shop occasionally later in the day.

Those little indulgences helped me get over wanting to drink pop.
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've not given it up at all, but then as I drink it black no sugar there isn't much in it which is bad for me!

only 5 cals in a Starbucks venti black coffee!
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    learn to drink it black,
    starbucks is not coffee, it is a drink flavored with coffee.

BTW if you want to know how to drink coffee, drink it black for a while then try to add sugar, you will find it disgusting.
    Coffee is bitter, good for your health if you stay under a certain level and it activates your metabolism, there is just no reason to give it up!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    2 cups every morning. I dread winter because when it gets cold we keep a pot on all day long. Don't think that's going to work with my french vanilla creamer. Anyone know of a good low cal creamer that tastes good? I drink sugar free now.

At first I switched to sugar free french vanilla, then switched to fat free french vanilla instead.... that helps with the calories. But I eventually switched again to just plain creamer, because it has the least amount and still tastes good. Maybe you could do a mix of fat free/ and regular creamer to cut down?
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I tried cutting it out for a short period of time. I did it for a week, but decided I would much rather have my 1 cup in the morning than none at all. ;)
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Never plan to give it up! I drink it black - took some getting used to at the beginning, but now I love it that way. Studies claim coffee is good for you, and that's one study I'm happy to believe!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    When hell freezes over! :)
  • analisa77
    analisa77 Posts: 10
    Options
    No reason to cut out coffee completely, unless you want to. Moderate amounts of coffee have been shown to have health benefits. Enjoy! :drinker:
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I cut out all caffeine about 6 weeks ago. Aside from a mother of a caffeine withdrawal headache for a couple of days, I find I am sleeping better than I ever did before.

Went from 5 or 6 cups of italian roast filter coffee to water literally overnight.
  • dcjackson50
    dcjackson50 Posts: 196
    Options
    Why would I want to do that to my family and coworkers ???~~!!
    LOL...... love it and its my one routine or regular part of my morning that I so look forward to. I only have 2 cups a day,......maybe 3 if on vacation or on weekends with company.
    I have tried it with milk and low calorie or low fat creamers,.....its do-able,......but I much prefer to plan on working the calories in to enjoy it as I have always,....with half and half cream.
    I find that the most successful people on MFP have changed there lifestyle,....not gone on diets,.......having said that,.....giving up my coffee with cream would be a temporry diet type thing for me, not a long term change I'd want to stick with so,.......long answer but nope,.....not giving it up !!! (*** takes a sip of her Tim Hortons***)
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have not given it up. I LOVE COFFEE but due to the caffine, I only have it 2 or 3 times a week with half and half and a little agave or honey. Yum! There are studies that have said that moderate amounts of coffee has health benefits so as long as I work the calories into my day, I'm good. :drinker:
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    NEVER, NEVER......NEVER!!!!! They will have to pry my coffee out of my cold dead hands!!!!

hehehehehe~!

:drinker:
  • issystclaire
    issystclaire Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love love love coffee but I know I should probably cut it out of my diet. I only drink 2 cups max per day, but would like to try cutting it out altogether. My questions to you are:

1. Have you had any benefits from cutting it out?
    2. Are there any good replacements?

Thanks guys xx

May I ask why you feel that you should give it up? Ok, so caffeine isn't the best thing for you - but I personally have switched to either black coffee, or just coffee with milk only. If you don't have a sweetner or sugar in it, I personally don't feel it contributes to weight gain. If you are worried about your caffeine intake, try swithcing to black tea.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Never. You can't make me.