• m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    nope

but count the cals - including milk
  • _tjejen_
    _tjejen_ Posts: 38
    Options
    love my coffee! but I dont enjoy black coffee. I have however gone from latte's to caps with my nespresso...a huuuuge reduction in the amount of milk and therefore cals :)
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think black coffee has virtually no calories... but I like my coffee creamy and sweet so I have cut down to one per day, when I arrive at work in the morning. I take 2 milk instead of cream, and I use Sugar Twin instead of sugar. It's about 30 calories a cup I think. If I'm really tired or just want more coffee, I will use real sugar since Sugar Twin is like aspartame and stuff, which is bad for your brain, and I'm prone to migraines anyway, so 2 Sugar Twins a day will 99% probably give me a headache.

I also discovered that powdered milk has less calories than the amount of milk I would use! But I am trying to cut back on coffee sweetness, maybe eventually I can have it every day with no sugar or aspartame (it's the devil!)
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Before I started my "summer diet" I would drink 2 cups per day with a ton of sugar and vanilla half and half. To me, it's not worth the calories so I've switched to waking up with water. It takes a little longer for me to wake up but it's worth it to me.
    However I will have my iced coffee with splenda and half and half while I'm at work (Starbucks!)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any reason to give up the high quality coffee I grind and brew myself and drink in the morning. I don't add a lot of high calorie stuff to it and it doesn't interfere with my sleep. Recent studies seem to indicate that coffee is good for you. and the decaf? That is the stuff that has had a lot of chemical processes done to it.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I considered it... but nope. =) I adjusted it though. I found an AMAZING recipe... I turned a frozen coffee drink into a protein shake.. I love it, It is a good 300 calorie meal replacement. So damn good! =p

2/3 cup of extra strong coffee
    2/3 cup of milk (1% is what I use)
    1.5 tsps vanilla extract or imitation vanilla
    4 pks sugar substitute
    2 tsps regular sugar
    2 tbls of caramel topping (or chocolate)
    2 tbls of whipped cream!!! =)
    1 scoop of protein powder..

Blend it all up.. 1 table spoon of caramel goes in the blender, the other on top!
    This recipe makes a LOT..I didn't have time to drink all of it... so I used 1/3 cup of coffee and milk.. =)
  • cmmurphy20002003
    cmmurphy20002003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If it tastes disgusting, try brewing is weaker. My husband introduced me to weaker coffee years ago and I LOVE it. Example: Instructions for coffee are to use one scoop for every two cups of coffee. I have a 12 cup pot and use only three scoops of a medium roast ground. I am a coffee snob now, because I can taste the difference. It is amazing.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I only started drinking coffee about two years ago and I'm 46 years old! But when I was pregnant with my first son I had done a LOT of reading on the subject. Seems that every one wants to trash coffee. But study after study after study designed to show all the dangers of the evil drink only showed neutral or benefits. These were short term studies, generally, and showed things like people felt better, preformed better on memory tests and such--short term benefits that all coffee drinkers already knew. But now, 25 years later there are longer bigger better studies coming out and they show things like a huge protective benefit against Alzheimer's, and some protection from Type 2 diabetes and Parkinson's and a plain ol' 10% less risk of dying from ANYTHING in a given period of time. Some of these things are from the caffeine, but others may be from other substances naturally in the coffee (dark chocolate, anyone?) About 3 cups a day (that would be 6 ounce cups--coffee is measured in old-fashioned 6 ounce coffee cups--more than about 7 cups daily starts making some folks problems. And it WILL interfere with sleep! Don't drink it late. Only drink it very early in the day if you're breastfeeding (and I'd limit the amount I drank pregnant or breastfeeding--but I wouldn't eliminate it unless I just wanted to)

Personally, I drink it with a bit of skim milk--after all the years I couldn't stand the stuff, I found I liked it that way--and that keeps the caffeine from pulling calcium from your bones. In the early afternoon for a pick-me-up-snackie-thing I put a cup of coffee with a cup of milk and some Stevia over ice. And I tell you what--they are not going to be finding health benefits in any soda at all, so enjoy your coffee!
  • bodybyrenee
    Options
    I am a coffee addict for real. Just the smell gives me joy. I use to drink it all day. When I say all day I mean with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime. What I found works for me is cutting back. I drink 2 cups a day. The first is usually before morning cardio or directly after. I don't use SUGAR... That was hard.. I tried Agave Nectar (but that has twice a much calories as regular sugar). Artificial sweetners... noooooo, ( I don't like the after taste).
    Nonetheless, I just cut out sugar but I do use flavored creamers. Measuring it to teaspoon ....
    You really have to play with different combinations and flavors to see what your tastebuds like. I hope you find something good..... LUCK.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Why give something up that helps you lose weight?!
    Best and cheapest supplement on the market.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I still have my coffee-hazelnut. However, I stopped putting sugar and cream in it. It is taking some getting used to.
  • Larimar0989
    Options
    Dont give it up!...unless it's giving you bad side effect like stomach pains.
    Coffee is good for you. you just have to be careful with the sugar added and the milk/creamer.
    You dont even drink too much of it! only 2 cups?...
    If you drink it before working out, it will definitely help energize you.
    But if you decide to give it up, drink green tea! :)
  • Larimar0989
    Options
    Why give something up that helps you lose weight?!
    Best and cheapest supplement on the market.

I AGREE!!!! IT HELPS YOU LOSE WEIGHT!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee. Have an espresso machine and have had 1-2 lattes a day for years..... Just had to give it up because of food allergies. Ugh.... it's probably the thing I miss the most. I've replaced it with tea but when I see my husband have his morning cappuccino, I do feel some envy--ok a lot of envy. Hoping it will pass. Luckily, I get really sick from drinking it right now so I'm sticking with my program.
  • missfelicia6
    missfelicia6 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have had the same exact coffee every morning for the past ten years. I used International delight French Vanilla creamer and nothing else.
    I LOVED my coffee every morning!!

I did give up my coffee about three weeks ago. I needed to quit smoking, and I associated the coffee and cigarettes to each other. I also needed to cut out the 100 calories of cream I used everyday.

So, I gave up my coffee for good, I'm enjoying a cup of green tea with honey as I type this.

I have noticed two things since quitting the coffee....
    I still want it every morning when my fiance brews it to take to work, I smell it all morning and I want it bad!!
    I have problems going to the bathroom (number 2). I think both coffee and cigarettes are stimulants, I used to go just fine before. Now I can go as easily, sometimes I don't go for days.

But, I'm saving calories, money, and quitting the coffee has helped me stay off the cigarettes :)
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I drank 16oz a day with milk and lots of sugar. I quit as of yesterday. I think the lack of milk and sugar will have more of an effect than the reduction in caffeine, but who knows.
    I have replaced it with hot water, lemon and agave nectar. It's definitely not the same though! Coffee is very filling for me. Green tea is a good replacement as well, but it still has as much as 30-50mg of caffeine.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    switched to black no sugar or with sweetner, resumed caffeine addiction.

This is what I did also to cut out some calories. I miss my sf creamer though. :(
  • elbiekoh
    elbiekoh Posts: 22
    Options
    I've given up coffee and caffeine tablets, I've also cut down to only one cup of green tea per day. 2 years ago I think I was averaging about 400-500mg of caffeine per day, and whilst it cut my hunger - I think the toxin build-up gave me cellulite, which I'd never had before. I'm not definite about that though, I've never understood cellulite - it could be genetic, but I'd prefer to blame coffee. :tongue:
  • elbiekoh
    elbiekoh Posts: 22
    Options
    but - MY GOD THE SMELL!!!!!! ough, I'm a coffee sniffing beast!
  • AmyMeidinger
    AmyMeidinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a big coffee drinker until I was told that it's an appetite suppressant!