No Results??? I give up!!

Options

Replies

• Julieta17
    Julieta17 Posts: 37
    Options
    First off, 4 pounds is a healthy good weight loss so you should be thrilled instead of beating yourself up.

Second, 7 months is going to go by either way. Would you rather be 30 pounds lighter in 7 months or be the same?

Stick with it. You'll feel better and reap the rewards.

Very well said!! :wink: I had never thought of it that way...I know it was meant for someone else but I am going to remind myself of this every time i get discouraged too!! :smile: Thanks!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

I give up!!

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

Give up on yourself???? Why would you even think that? Are you not worth the time and effort you need to put into this? I am, it took me a year to lose 40 lbs but so what? I look great, feel good and have more energy than ever!

As far as sexy? That is state of mind, my friend.
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    a 4 pound loss is great. Have you tried measuring yourself? I can tell you this much. I have weighed 180 pounds for the past 6 months. I go up and I go down, but it averages out to 180. I eat right and I exercise 6-7 days a week. BUT, I have dropped 2 pant sizes and my waist is getting smaller. It is not always about the scale. You feeling good is what is important. The weight loss will come. Plateaus happen. The biggest thing is is to not give up. Keep pushing play everyday.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started changing what I eat, and exercising 6 days a week.

Today marks one month!! Yay, congrats, good job, hang in there......

NO NO and NO!!!

I give up!!

It's been 30 days and I have ZERO results!! I lost 4 lousy pounds??

I see everyone on MFP talking about losing 18 pounds the first month, some 20 pounds, some even only 10!!
    But I only lose 4???

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

My body is not meant to be sexy I guess.

It's not fair that I have to go the rest of my life knowing that I can't even sit down without my stomach resting on my lap.

I give up....sorry for the rant. I just can't get over how much I HAVEN'T lost in a full month :(

I'm 350 lbs and have been at this for 3 years without success and I havn't quit yet. just sayin.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    First off, 4 pounds is a healthy good weight loss so you should be thrilled instead of beating yourself up.

Second, 7 months is going to go by either way. Would you rather be 30 pounds lighter in 7 months or be the same?

This is such a great way to look at it. If you would have told me that 2lbs a week is unrealistic in the beginning and that I was NOT going to be able to do that, I would have quit as well. Now, 7 months later, I am ONLY 20 lbs lighter, but I am thrilled that I did not give up because 7 months did go by and even though I am not where I want to be yet, I am getting there.

4 lbs is great in one month. People that are losing 20 lbs in a month have a LOT more to lose probably than you do...stick with it...
  • robinkelly25
    robinkelly25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? You quit because you lost 4 pounds and you wanted a miracle and to lose all of the weight. The more weight that you have to lose, the faster you are going to lose it. You are only trying to lose 30 not 300 pounds. I think you need to think of this as a lifestyle change and not a diet... there are some weeks that I work out crazy at the gym only to find out that I have gained a pound. Remember muscle weighs more than fat. You may have lost more than 4 pounds but have gained muscle.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    So many people forget this is a lifestyle change and not a race to lose weight. I can't believe you don't think 4 pounds is a success. It's taken me 6 months to lose 20 pounds. I have a personal trainer and follow a meal plan. Quit complaining. Either you want it or you don't. Sorry to seem harsh but it's the truth. Only you can control the outcome.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is a perfect rate for sustainable weight loss. You don't have much to lose so you won't lose masses at the start like bigger people do. Stick with it and you'll do fine!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    With that attitude you're never gonna be successful. Harsh truth. Change your mindset.

It took me 10 months to lose 49 pounds, it's not a race. There's no quick fix. Its HARD WORK.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! I know it can be frustrating but you have to understand that you aren't obese so the weight isn't going to melt off as quickly. Also, 1 lb a week is great! That means you're doing it the RIGHT way! Think about the next month when you lose the next 4-5lbs... that's 8-9 lbs GONE! Don't put so much pressure on yourself... You are worth it! Keep going!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm actually glad you posted this and reading the comments because it is going to help me not give up because I am finally about 30 lbs from my goal and am losing weight slower now and it is discouraging but after reading all these comments it has help me to realize it will probably take longer these last 30 lbs and to NOT give up. You can do it don't ever ever give up I am sure going to try not to.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    it's taken me 7 months to lose 20 lbs.. SEVEN MONTHS!!!!

revisit what you are doing and read a bit and ask questions and find something that works for you. it maybe that you may still need to change what you eat, add more or cut more... but dont' quit.. quitters never win.
  • slprout
    slprout Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    don't let the negative talk in your head or your body's stubbornness win, keep going. Any loss is better than doing nothing. It has taken me a little over 6 months to lose 25 pounds and there have been months where I was completely stuck and went up a pound or two.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    1-2 lbs / week is a HEALTHY weight loss! Be proud of yourself! It's normal to feel discouraged.....we've all been there but if this is not truly a lifestyle change and just a "diet" it will never work. That's where most of us falter! We yo-yo back and forth with healthy eating with just flat out gorging ourselves with whatever is in sight. The ppl who see REAL RESULTS are the ones who put in the work and STICK WITH IT! It doesn't happen overnight and most ppl don't notice their progress until well into the journey. Hange in there. You can do it!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    4 pounds in a month is healthy...it also depends on your size. I lost more because I was obese at one point and as ive gotten smaller its harder. Time and patience will get you closer but giving up will keep you back from where you want to be.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letig us know, have a good life.
    I am not going to sit here and type out some big long document telling you that everyone loses at different rates, that some of those big losses you see are people who are of a larger body composition. That 4lbs in a month is respectable.

Why you have shown you do not have the desire to overcome the minor challenges and accept this as a journey to change your life.
  • tabitha2770
    tabitha2770 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

This is great advice!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I haven't and I've been going to the gym since January 5 days a week and now (since it's nicer out) I've been biking, jogging, walking and recently threw running into the mix. I didn't lose ANYTHING while going just to the gym and that was 0 pounds in 5 months I didn't give up. I knew I was gaining muscle and even if the pound said otherwise, my clothes fit better. Don't give up, you CAN do this and you already have. 4 pounds lighter and doing it in a healthy way is far better than losing more and doing it in an unhealthy way where you'll gain it back plus more.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    your call about what you do with your life, but just to give you some perspective:

i've been averaging a pound a week (maybe a little less) since march, and now i'm down 22 pounds (plus 5 before i joined MFP). i have only lost 3-4 pounds in the last 2 months. this is normal, and healthy.

and for the record, i've lost 20 pounds in a month before, and i put it all back on and then some within a year's time. trust me, that is not a lot of fun for your wardrobe, your pocket book, or your self esteem.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight in 7 MONTHS! And by weight I mean FAT, but I'm still training and eating good. I've come this far, might as well not stop, right? I wish I could lose 4lbs (of disgusting fat!) right now. Count your blessings please, you're doing great.