No Results??? I give up!!

Options

Replies

• missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your photos and you are don't have a lot of weight to lose. People who lose 18 - 20 lbs in the first month probably have a lot more weight to get rid of. Is your body changing? Have you gone down a dress size? The scale by itself is not always the best way to measure success. I hardly ever use a scale. If I can fit into my clothes comfortably, then all is well. Good luck, don't give up!
  • samanthaski
    Options
    Dont give up...your doing great..slow progress is ok..it means you will keep that weight off..some people have alot more to lose so they may initially lose more at a time but it will tend to slow down afrer a while. Dont give up..remember to eat good clean meals every 2-3 hours and change your workour routine every 4 weeks.:wink:
  • CitaPita
    CitaPita Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, it very well may take you 7 months to lose the rest of your weight. So? The 7 months is going to pass anyway so you might as well just go on and lose the weight. Or you can just 'give up' i.e go back to whatever it was that caused you to gain the extra 30 pounds in the first place.

This is probably the best thing I've ever seen on MFP. It really hits home for me and I'm going to remember this each time I feel like giving up. Thank you!

To the OP, I would just like to congratulate you on your weight loss because you've lost 4 lbs that you'll never see again! Keep moving forward and focus on the goal of healthy living, even if the scale doesn't read the number you'd expect it to.
  • bethc370
    bethc370 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Second, 7 months is going to go by either way. Would you rather be 30 pounds lighter in 7 months or be the same?

Stick with it. You'll feel better and reap the rewards.

I love this! I have been losing quite slowly, and though I am still motivated, I am going to remember this for those times when I'm not.
  • kanislupus
    kanislupus Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been at it for a little over 2 months now and have lost 0 lbs. My body fat however has dropped 4%. I wont give up
  • supergran0402
    Options
    You can't give up now look at all the people behind you, you'd be letting yourself and them done.
    Well done you for sticking to it firstly. the scales aside, I bet you feel better for the exercise keep picking away at it.
    If the what is on the scales is putting you off then throw them in the bin. :smile:
  • tgbyfield
    tgbyfield Posts: 62
    Options
    I haven't read all the comments so sorry if what I say is redundant. Here goes...

First off... congratulations on your weight loss! Really, 4lbs is definitely something to be happy about. Just think, if you had not worked hard this past month, you could be 4 lbs heavier. Don't beat yourself up over the amount of weight that is lost, instead celebrate the fact that you are losing weight PERIOD.

Second, have you seen your doctor about your weight loss? Your doctor can be a valuable asset when under taking a life change. Before I started my weight loss plan I started with an appointment with my doc. I had full bloodwork done to make sure my body was doing all the things it's supposed to do. My doctor gave me a lot of tips and advice about my calorie intake and the kinds of work outs I should be doing for my body type. It was all really helpful and effective.

Whatever you do, the key is DON'T GIVE UP! If I don't know anything I know this: If you keep up with your life changes, in 7 months you will see some results, even if its only a few lbs more that what you are seeing now. If you quit, in 7 months you'll be wishing you had appreciated losing 4 lbs in a month.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

Have to agree with this. You don't have much to lose. You are not going to lose at the same rate as someone with more to lose.

Also there are no weight/scale related results. I bet you are stronger and healthier. That's important, no?
  • mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If you give up, you definitely won't lose the weight. Keep trying, work hard, and the results will be positive.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I only lost 7 lbs my first month.... and then nothing for the next month. Sometimes its a slow process - but it is indeed a PROCESS. You wont drop 30 lbs in a week, hon. Cold hard facts.... but you will lose them eventually

So... yes, good job, way to go, hang in there and all the rest.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Second, 7 months is going to go by either way. Would you rather be 30 pounds lighter in 7 months or be the same?

I am in the same position as the OP and the advice given above is fantastic! I think I am going to add it to my profile.

And to the original poster, I hope you don't throw in the towel just yet.
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Think about how long it took you to gain the weight initially.
  • JVBabs
    JVBabs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Plus, everyone's body is different. For some, it is easy to shed off the weight and others it may take twice as long. Either way, you should stay focused on your goal..at least you are leading a healthy lifestyle!! That in itself is difficult! GOOD JOB!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Some people take longer to lose the weight. I started off at 248 pounds in August 2010, I'm 192 pounds now. I honestly thought I would be at my goal by now but I figure that it's better to be 56 pounds down than back to where I was beforehand. You just gotta put on your big girl panties, suck it up and persevere. You CAN do it. PM me if you wanna talk. :)
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    ok... you can give up... i mean no one can force you to do anything. If you feel this is a waste of time, go right ahead...

but think of what you are doing first.... patience is key to all of this. Rome wasnt built in a day. You have to be patient, put in the work and tweak the diet once and a while..

Success comes with patience and a clear plan. A plan that will work for you in the long run. All you need is the will to keep it going forward.

So quit if you want, but remember you are quitting on yourself.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    So, you've lost roughly a pound a week then and that's not a success?

You need to revise your expectations. Your body is doing just fine...

I definetly ditto this!!
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    great advice!
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I didn't quit and it took me 6 months to lose 30lbs. You didn't gain it all overnight, right?
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I can't believe this. So it will take me 7 entire months to lose 30 pounds??

I don't have the energy to read all the replies but this statement here stuck out at me. So what if it takes you 7 months to lose 30 pounds??? Would you rather have 7 months pass and still be the same weight or worse be heavier?? The time is going to pass regardless so why not exercise and eat better no matter what. Even if you don't lose an ounce, you'll feel better and be heathier and that is a MUCH better prize than just being smaller.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, never give up! A pound a week is GREAT!!! Those people who lose that much that fast, I am sometimes skeptical of.... Did they REALLY lose that? If they did, are they really doing it in a healthy way?

I'm losing slowly- I've lost 12 lb since April... Not even a pound a week- but I am trying to live as normally as possible while getting healthier.

Don't quit, you're doing great!